Yesterday my friend showed me Deadlifts for the first time, (he's been lifting for two months)...

Yesterday my friend showed me Deadlifts for the first time, (he's been lifting for two months). I got up to 90kg but today I can't move at all because my back and legs hurt.

I am meant to go to a trampoline park with potential waifu but i can't even fucking get out of bed without being air lifted out.

Is this normal? Did I overdo it lol

90kg is probably too much for your first day, yeah. Especially if doms is a new thing for you.
Your form probably sucked too

yes, my leg days are so severe i always have to call out from work the day after

>Doing 90kg on your first day....

No way your form was proper. You're lucky you're not in snap city. Your friend's an asshole

You should probably do legs more than twice a week user

In the very beginning (first week or two), if you feel like you did a tough workout when you leave the gym you won't be able to move for 2 days. Focus on form with lighter weights at the beginning. It might feel like you didn't do anything but you'll still be sore next day.

That said, after your body gets over the initial shock don't be afraid of increasing the weights and going closer to your limits (while maintaining proper form).

Of course if you're already athletic this might not be true.

90kg is too much. Start with 20kg a side and watch the Alan Thrall video and maybe the Buff Dudes one. Make sure you get your form decent.

The first time I DL'd I thought I broke my back the next day too, it's normal

>t. Didn't play sports in highschool

>I am meant to go to a trampoline park with potential waifu
>white people
lmfao

>learning a lift from alan thrall or buff dudes
jej
Either read SS or learn from people who know their shit, like chris duffin or the so you think you can deadlift guy

I got 110kg 1rm my first day? And 90 for reps. Not everybody is born skelly.

>trampoline park
underage ban him mods

not op but my 1st time I pulled 200kg... then again I work as a glazer installing glass...

This

Alan Thrall is like reading picture books instead of real books.

>not being able to have fun over the age of 18

>Going for 1RM on a brand new lift
You guys aren't this stupid, right?

as long as you pull with your hams its fine
had a strong as farmer friend who pulled 180kg conventional first time in the gym and 200kg a week later (with hitching and snapcity form)

>implying a cockroach would ever know what good form is on a hard complext excercise

This. Even if you have an athletic background you shouldnt attempt to pick up 200 lbs on day 1. Your form is garbage and even if youre strong enough to lift it you can easily snap your shit up. Set the weight well below your max and learn correct form.

>don't watch Alan
>learn from SS
You realize his deadlift tutorial is step-by-step the SS method, right? Straight out of the book. Alan has also been to Ripp's coaching seminars.

That said, if you want to be a snob about it, the Starting Strength YouTube channel has great tutorials on the major lifts and even several accessories.

>200kg on day 1
What the fuck?

Alan thrall literally teaches you the ss method for deadlift form

1RM is something you attempt after becoming proficient in form. Doing it on your first day trying a new exercise is asking for trouble.

I've done deadlifts before, time ago, it was my first time in a long time, my form is fine. Mind yourself, you loser.

>it's dumb to try a 1RM the first time you attempt a new lift
>>NO IT'S NOT. I HAD EXPERIENCE DOING DEADLIFTS BEFORE I DID A 1RM, AND WHEN I DID THE 1RM I WAS FINE!
Whoa... you've got me thinking.

You're fine and you'll feel better once you start moving. Stop being a pussy

Fucking idiot, thrall teaches SS exactly, and is a certified SS instructor straight from rippetoe personally

You're the one who assumed its the first time in my entire life, you goob.

Lmao, I made a categorical statement. I didn't say anything about you personally. Nice reading comprehension.

>thought i was able to deadlift over 200Ibs
> someone shows me proper form
>back to a pl8 and i was like 5 Ibs away from snapping my shit

See It was a direct response to me unless that isn't you.

When I was 17 I deadlifted 100kg for my first time. And I only had some mild back pain for the following days. I don't get it, have you never lifted anything in your life?

How could your form have been so bad that you had to halve the weight?

i didn't straighten my back
i lifted with legs and everything but my legs are long so squats and deadlift are harder for me

what was your squat on day 1? 150kg?

Short legs actually make squats easier but yeah, keep your back straight