Need to run a mile in a half in 15 minutes in 1 month and half

I passed the police examination with my immense brains but I've run into a problem

I can do the push ups

I can do the sit ups

but I have to sprint 300m in less than 70 seconds

and I have to run a mile and a half in 15 minutes

I don't run at all and I smoke 1-10 cigarettes a day depending on work

I have 1 month and a half before academy starts and everyday we will be running but if I can't keep up with the running I get a 0 for physical fitness

16 zeros (physical and mental testing and I'm out, you can only get a max of 1 zero per day of academy, so if I failed something everyday, I would only be there for 16 days)

help

Other urls found in this thread:

c25k.com/c25k_metric.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Treadmill
>Set to 6 mph (10:00/mile)
>Practice

Good shoes help

hella fucking easy

c25k.com/c25k_metric.html

my knee is starting to hurt just thinking about this

lol treadmill fucking sucks, there's no resistance

Incline or wear weights you dumb cretin
Non-runners can't pace themselves on irl running so they'll stay slow forever unless they train with treadmill

Quite smoking. Start by doing fartlek training for 2 weeks. Then aim for 15 minute Mile. Then 10

It's like a metronome but for running. If can only help you and any frustrations are a result of you suxing

that's super easy to do in a month and a half, just set up a routine and track your progress

Talk to a local police union. The academy can't discriminate against you just because you're bigger. The union will often pull some strings and make sure you can serve.
My precinct is pretty much all heavy guys, we wouldn't have made it without union support.

If they see Thin Blue Line stickers on your car they're more likely to see you as a friend instead of a moocher and give you a hand.

Just make it clear that you'll work hard to serve even if you're not as good at physical tests. Officers don't need to run nearly as much as the standards demand, we have lethal and less-lethal force options for a reason.

Good luck brother.

M8 thats literally a 10 minute mile pace. Do 8x800m repeats, 1.5 miler best effort and 5k, all at least once a week. Unless you are seriously overweight you should be able to hit that time in a few weeks. Up until a week ago i smoked 25 rollups a day and i can run a 1.5 miler in 8:40.

do you shoot perps in the back because you can't catch up with them you fat fuck

Enlisted in Marines and I have to run 1.5 miles in 13.5 minutes for my IST. I haven't run in weeks and my last best time was 3 miles in 25 minutes.

So you know, aiming for 12 minutes. I think I can do it.

I wonder how the fatass cops I see around go through that test

Do this For the 800m repeats aim for each repeat to be done at goal pace, i.e 800m in 4 minutes. Do a repeat, rest a couple minutes then go again, repeat for a total of 8 reps. Gradually decrease the rest time until you can run two back to back, then 3; hey presto, thats you done goal distance and goal pace.

>enlisting in Navy
>optimum 1.5mi time for SO is 9:30
>can run a sub 8:00
You can’t call yourself fit if you can’t run faster than a fat person.

Holy hell, 1.5miles in 15minutes? Is this a joke? You could run the first mile and walk the rest and still make it with that time.

>talk to a local police union
>they'll help you
>even though you're not in the union and likely won't be able to join until you pass probation well after being hired

BOI
O
I

I'm in the Air Force. Literally nicknamed The Chair Force cause we're full of fat lazy fucks who don't want to PT. Last time I tested my 1.5 mile run time was 11:07.
Stop being a fat piece of shit,OP

might i suggest the following

1) dont smoke anymore
2) get a nebulizer or athsma inhaler ASAP and use it before running
3) train cardio using an elliptical or stationary bike
4) take gas x (simethicone) regularly to remove bloating
5) take in the right amount of salt and water
6) avoid saturated fat and cholesterol of all kinds
7) carb up the night before running

this

this is more or less what I do for running. Thing is you have to do it every single time. Also I do a 1% incline.

Some people swear by doing sprint intervals to practice speed. Run a minute or whatever you can do as fast as you can walk for a minute, sprint another minute, then walk.. desu you might be able to get 1.5miles with just this. most people, even overweight out of shape people such as me can train in a month to get what you are trying for OP... dont they have a 3 mile test too? if you can do the 3 mile the 1.5 should be cake

You can start off by killing yourself for wanting to be a cop

I used to think treadmills were a meme too, but i have been doing 1.5-2k runs in 8-10 minutes on the treadmill as a warmup for my lifts for a few months now, and the other day i had to run a couple of hundred meters irl to catch up with some friends and i felt like a fucking gazelle

t. nigger

Armyfag here, how did you get sub 8? Whats your routine?

its like a drug dealer giving out free samples, they will help those fat fucks get onto the force because they are going to be paying union fees eventually

We put our asses on the line for you every day. Have some respect.
Some of us are big men, sure, but it's a stressful job. Very often, police officers have poor diets because we don't have time to eat proper meals on duty, and some even have PTSD and fall onto food for comfort.

Soldiers face all those problems times a hundred, for months on end, and you dont see them getting fat on deployment.

Because soldiers are constantly held to high physical standards. If you're not fit enough to properly serve your country, you're discharged. For cops, all you have to do is pass the first test and then you can get as fat as you want because enough of them threw enough fits about physical requirements being discriminatory.

> enough of them threw fits about physical requirements being discriminatory
> I wanna be cool and chase criminals but not if i have to exert myself!

Christ, the west is doomed

Knees hurting on a soft surface at a pace that some people can walk?

Do not wear weights while running. That is the last thing that you want to do.

lol, you don't need to carb up for a 1.5 mile run. That is 150 calories.

Are you heel striking when you run? That can contribute hugely to knee pain. Shoes have fooled us into thinking it's ok to run on your heels, but stop for a second and think of how much it would hurt slamming your bare heel into the ground every step you took on a jog. You're sending all the force straight through your leg and into your knees. When you run, try to land on the ball of your foot and kick off with that. To get used to that, just make sure your heels don't touch the treadmill for a few days. You'll ease into it.

Holy shit, user. How obese are you? I haven't run in months and just last week I had to do 1.5 miles at max pace for a fitness eval and I did it in 10 minutes.

That is literally a pace people can jog with no problem
Get on a treadmill
8 minute pace
Do it for 2 miles
It's super fucking easy