Reminder that 90% of people on Veeky Forums reside in mount stupid

Reminder that 90% of people on Veeky Forums reside in mount stupid

Actually I'm not there yet

Thats statistically not true. I think you should take a class or two in statistics and come back a more informed and less abrasive person.

You can't learn Japanese.

The irony of some asshole who doesn’t know statistics telling a grad student in statistic related field to learn statistics

I bet you have a PhD in fedora fashion and vaping

Ironic, spoken like a true Mt. Stupid resident.
He didn't say "90% are stupider than the mean", he said "90% are stupid"

I would argue that the y axis should coincide with the apex of mount stupid

Jokes on you. I watch Rick and Morty.

Show us some data analytics that support your 90% claim.

open the catalog

Nice non-argument

It's "on mount stupid," not "in mount stupid." You stupidhead.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Honestly I don’t think it works like that.
I’m on phone so I can’t do a correction but I think it would just continue to grow exponentially at the top of mt stupid

No, there is definitely a big spike and willingness to pretend to know everything about something after you've just mastered the basics. Just attend any college party to see that effect in action.

I guess. Maybe I’m more in disagreement with the implication that it refers to people’s belief they know more on the topic than other people. I guess after you know a lot more about the topic than just the basics you still believe you know more than people on the topic but you’re just sick of talking about it.

Nah, I see it all the time at my job:
>hot-shot new hire thinks they know everything
>pretends like everyone is an idiot
>get reprimanded or just crushed by work due to thinking they can reinvent the wheel and not listening to advice
>realize they might not be as smart and experienced as they think
That's why hazing is a thing (besides just plain sadism:) it brings you down form what OPs pic calls mount stupid.

Here are some of the echos that come out of mount stupid
>cardio kills your gains
>"if it fits your macro"
>machines are useless
>fruits are sugar bombs and will make you obese
>I drink shakes with whey and milk

>Mount stupid
>Does the big 3

>Smart summit
>Does OHP, rack pulls and front squats

>cardio kills your gains
It does - if you're on a very high deficit, which a lot of fatties on here are.
>"if it fits your macros"
Works just great if you have a healthy and varied diet. Not everyone eats junk-food regularly.
>machines are useless
Can't think of a single machine for compound exercises that isn't either worse than the free-weight variant or just too damn expensive. For isolation - sure.
>fruits are sugar bombs and will make you obese
No one says that, but there are tons of normies who simply don't count calories from fruits because "lol, they're fruits."
>I drink shakes with whey and milk
Now I'm really curious what's wrong with that.

>xkcd
>the joke is always "lol I'm so smart, I WENT TO COLLEGE AND YOU DIDN'T!"

His jokes get way less funny and "intelligent" if you also went to college.

70% of posters should just leave.
>but I read the sticky
That information just becomes the new broscience and you keep memeing old ''non-debunked'' broscience. So just learn anatomy and functions of certain muscles. It will make you look less like a tryhard normalfag.

For how many years have you been lifting? Be honest

The main issue with what you suggest is anatomy of muscles doesn't automatically translate to lifting and science sources for lifting aka sports science is literal shit tier with flawed methodology in majority of the studies.

3 here and I agree with what he says

Wtf, xkcd pretty much always makes jokes about people who overestimate their intelligence
This is from SMBC, from a writer who began the strip before he finished his first degree.
3/10 got me to reply

This is SMBC you fucking retard. That's not at all what XKCD is like.

>not drinking shakes with heavy cream and ground beef

Never gonna make it

itt dunning kruger

the more you know the more you realize you know not enough.

Only handfull of people get to such revelation, and oftentimes they forgot quite a bit of what they have already learned.

socrates was right

Yeah it's more complex than that. There are more, distinct areas besides just anatomy. With actual practice, you'll have to make some correlation by yourself.

This.

So you've been lifting for 3 years and still drink milk, or even more stupid; mix milk and whey?

>implying there's a substantive difference in content

There needs to be a "trough of jadedness" on the far end of the knowledge curve.

About a decade now since I've started, maybe 6 years of active lifting.

Let me guess:
>muh xeno-estrogens
>muh milk causes osteoporosis