Hey Veeky Forums, is there anything I can do with 2 sets of dumbbells (5 lb. and 10 lb.) at home...

Hey Veeky Forums, is there anything I can do with 2 sets of dumbbells (5 lb. and 10 lb.) at home, with no additional equipment? I don't want to be super bulky or anything, I just want to burn about 50 lbs. of fat. Even being slightly toned would just be a big extra.

Pi

Pic related, it's the kind of dumbbells I have.*

Also I'm totally new to this shit, so go easy on me.

You need cardio
Walk, bicycling etc

>just wanna burn 50lb of fat
start eating clean food and counting your calories, eat ~400-500 less than your tdee, + do cardio

I had always thought cardio was the best, but recently I recall seeing people saying lifting was better for straight fat burn. Is that wrong, is it still the same as it's always been? 5-6 years ago when I was in good shape all I did was walk/sometimes jog for like 30 min a day.

First of all, read the fucking sticky, muscles are build in the kitchen.
Second, post your stats:
>height
>weight
>age

5'6" (inb4 entire thread laughs at me)
200 lbs.

also male

>thinking about getting bulky with that weights
Start with couch to 5k plan and add some bodyweight exercises.
Focus on how you eat more that exercise, it´s all about calories in, calories out.

I hope you got running shoes

>Le manlet

45 pounds will do

Its quite simple read the sticky find a diet that cuts 500 calories and just stick to cardio for now, do this for at least a year

That's arguable. Both will burn calories, but how many calories you actually burn is more dependent on how much effort you put in (kcals are a unit of energy, by default an "easy workout" is just a poor use of time). Basically what i'm saying is you are gonna need more than 10lb dumbells if you want to compare cardio and weightlifting. Cardio will be more effective with your equipment, but it doesn't hurt to do both.

That said, diet is a much larger factor than cardio or strength training if your main goal is to lose weight.

1. lateral side raises
2. tricep kickbacks

thats pretty much it, perhaps light skull crushers to prepare yourself for heavier weights

Gotcha. Thanks user (and all the other anons), sorry for not reading the sticky.

Actually this reminds me, when I walk for even a short amount of time I get a lot of pain in my right ankle. I went to a doctor but he didn't have much to say about it. Would this be fixed by good insoles or do I have a big problem, like shin splits or something? I am sedentary as fuck and obviously relatively unhealthy as evidenced by

if you wanna burn fat, go on a diet

Is it cramps? Those go away after a while. If you feel it's serious try cardio thats less intense on the joints like cycling, stationary cycling, rowing, elliptical

I don't think it's cramps -- it's more like a sharp, searing sort of pain that surges upwards a bit from my ankle.

>I just wanna burn 50 pounds of fat with a toned, muscular body
>with a 5 lb dumbbell

nice job not even attempting to read the sticky. retard.

Did you even read the post brah?

> I don't want to be super bulky or anything, I just want to burn about 50 lbs. of fat. Even being slightly toned would just be a big extra.

> Don't want to be bulky
> Even being slightly toned is a huge extra

I just wanted to lose some weight duderino.

You will be surprised by how many of your health problems and mystery pains disappear when you drop the weight. Push the limits but dont injure yourself and dont use pain as an excuse to not exercise which is a reason all fat people have thats why theyre fat

Not him but even if you lose 50lbs ,a big even, yoi are not going to be toned by a fucking mile you are going to have a lot of lose skin hanging and a 5 lbs dumbbell isnt going to do shit, but wish you luck you are in the right path

Obviously not a english native so dont pay attention to my grammar