Not sure if this is the right place, I feel as though it is

Not sure if this is the right place, I feel as though it is.

Any tips on how to quit smoking? I've been lifting for a couple months now and I feel great, eating right and even running too. I've lost noticeable weight and I've gotten stronger.

Yet, I cannot stop smoking. I've been able to stop eating shit junk food and drinking soda, I don't go out and drink barely anymore, and I don't smoke pot daily like I used to, maybe once or twice a week, But the cigarettes, I cannot stop. I can't even go 2 days in a row without smoking. I need to stop. It's killing me and I don't want to smoke anymore, not to mention the damage it does to my wallet.

Anyone got any tips?

I mainly feel the urge to smoke when I'm bored or I have some down time at work.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ugFPnbtHHnQ2w0SlZmSU5kQU0/edit?pli=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just stop,cold turkey. If you want to quit, quit.

Swim every day. EVERY FUCKING DAY.

The highs you'll get from swimming will beat anything you get from lighting. Aerobic exercise gives you the best highs

Read Easy Way to stop smoking by Allen Carr. It saved my life and I guarantee you it will make you quit. Just trust me on this, we're all gonna make it bro

You just need to care more about stopping smoking than smoking, retard. I swear smokers are more retarded than fatties.

this

nothing's going to make it easier except weaning off it more slowly, which presents its own problems.

stop, and do not dare pick one up ever again. its very simple, just don't smoke. not easy, but simple. stop looking for ways around it and just stop.

Buy organic tobbaco online and roll your own
Regular cigs have a bunch of shit additives, cut them out and your smoking will at least be a little less unhealthy
I've heard plenty of people have had an easier time quitting by switching to organic too, or at the very least smoke less cigs a day
Try it out op
I'd also suggest avoiding the cancerous filter tips and bleached rolling papers

i did it cold turkey. asked my boss if i could take off of work the second day and he let me so i'd suggest that if you can

it'll be 3 weeks on tuesday

I personally know two people who were lifetime habitual smokers and both of them instantly quit after reading that book. It’s the weirdest thing. I was never a smoker so I can’t really relate to the mental processes involved but fuck that was strange to see them literally just stop in the blink of an eye

Just quit multiple times.
It gets easier to deny yourself the luxury after you go through a few periods without. Just try to go for as long as you can before you fall off the wagon. When smoking, wait for a time when you feel especially disgusted with yourself and then quit again.

honestly start vaping. yeah the culture of neckbeards vaping kinda sucks, but new vapes these days have the heat and kick of a cig. They wont be as good as a cig sometimes, but they get rid of the craving almost 100%. plus you can do it indoors if you didnt smoke in the house before

This, it's mostly a mental thing
You will feel shitty because of the nicotine cravings but they're not nearly as debilitating as people make them out to be
Your cravings peak at 3 days anyway
t. recently quit

As a recovering fatty I doubt this. At least smoking is physically addictive. The people posting in /fat/ crying about ordering 2 pizzas and eating them "because it was a good deal" can't even attempt an excuse.

I got about a third of the way through this but was turned off from the weird hypnotic suggestion vibes i got from it. Might have to give it another shot. In aus its now $30 for a pack of 25 cigs so im killing like $800 a month. Fug.

Dr Allen Carrs book helped me quit. Very interesting method he has, but effective.

I stopped smoking by having chocolate everytime i was craving.... Went as well as you would guess but i'm now 3 months smoke free

It's incredibly difficult to quit unless you WANT to quit.

Haven't had a cigarette since March. This is what you need to do/the mentality you need to get in.

>Find a proper reason to quit.
For me it had to just be more than health. I found that I was developing signs of sleep apnea, which was impacting my general day to day activity, brain function and performance. This was the major reason as to why I quit. Other friends found that their dicks were not functioning properly - couldn't get up, or weak erections etc. You might have something completely different.

But you NEED to truly find a proper reason that you believe in, in order to motivate you.

>Cold Turkey
Don't fuck with these patches or whatever. Literally just stop. Quit right now and don't buy them again.

>Limit alcohol
This was a hard challenge for me since I'm in College and drink regularly. A lot of my friends around me drink and smoke, and some social smoke too. You need to surround yourself in an environment where you're not tempted to. Times that I've tried to quit in the past were shit because I'd still go outside and stand around my friends whilst I was drunk, and be like "fuck it" and have a smoke.

Once you feel like you have the willpower to do so, you can join them but not smoke. This is what I do now.

>Keep yourself preoccupied
Similar to how fatties eat when they're bored. Smokers smoke when they're bored. Keep you mind busy and if you feel the need to be fidgety, buy a pack of gum or a fidget cube (srs).

>Try alternatives
Friends have tried hypnosis because it has gotten that bad. Not sure how successful it is but it might work for you.

Went from 60-100 cigarettes a week down to 0 in one day. Never looked back. My cardio, breathing and sexual performance is insane.

The book reveals to you that you're getting fucked by being a slave to those fucking things. After you've finished the book you can't lie to yourself anymore, there's no reason to smoke. There are no perks, it just makes you miserable and your life will improve in so many ways when you stop. And stopping is easy, there aren't any preparations. No training, no special talent or gene. You just don't smoke anymore, and that's what you always wanted. I didn't have that last cigarette or anything like that. I just took my pack and lighter and threw them in the trash after I finished reading the book, and I did it with joy.

Just stop buying them. Can't smoke if you don't have.
You can't stop smoking because you don't want to.

you have to make a real commitment to yourself to stop

there is no secret tip or one weird trick
at the end of the day, the urge will come and you will either decide to smoke or wait for the urge to pass
you're the only one responsible for it it all comes down to you

each time you win that battle it gets a little easier

>$30 for a pack of 25 cigs
How much money do you guys make down there?

Realize quitting isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, and the withdrawal symptoms peak at 2-3 days. Something that really helped me was replacing the smoke with something else. I used bubble gum, everytime you want a cig, pop a piece of gum. It seriously works. You're going to turn into an emotional bitch for 3 or 4 days but just accept this and DON'T give in.

My dad quit by reading this book.

double dubs of truth
I've read it and quit for about a month; I relapsed because I was constipated af, the first smoke really got me some relief.
It's not like the book approaches the subject from a different standpoint, but it keeps repeating these lines like "why even bother with that nonsense" in such way that I'm convinced it works your unconscious with hypnosis or something.
I now smoke a couple of american spirit rollies a day because my life sucks and it's a break from the misery. I'll drop it soon again.

ez bro just dont start smoking in the first place

Start vaping, it's the patrician counterpart to plebeian inhaled tar.

>vaping

Not the answer u want but it's all character
There is no easy way out
I started vaping 0mg from the start and quit vaping because i felt like an idiot blowing huge clouds

I feel like u don't quit smoking, u just postpone ur next sigaret indefinitely

If you care about being branded as "not cool" by online fags then lung cancer may instead be appropriate.

It comes to those it should come to.

i stopped smoking by smoking pure tobacco, it is lot stronger and less harmfull, but in order to smoke, i need to roll a cigarrete and it is a pain in the ass to do it in public, so i smoke lot less untill i felt no desire to smoke at all, now i smoke cigarettes again but only when i go out to drink

Im on 70k a year which is reasonably average as far as i know.

here’s what worked for me:

don’t put any cigarettes in your mouth

>quit smoking a little more than a month ago
>increasing back and chest pain, tachycardia, sometimes experience dizziness
S-should I be worried about this?

the poisons are still in your system. do water fasting to cleanse your body of every toxin.
i do it once a year for a week to reset my diet and detoxify

Run in the morning. You'll feel guilty about ruining your hard work.

Best way to quit smoking is to just stop. Never smoke a cigarette again. Whenever you want to smoke a cigarette, instead don't smoke it.

One of those things where you just gotta man up and do it.

But should I see a doctor? I didn't experience any symptoms until now. What if I have lung cancer and shit?

this

bought the smok alien mod for ~$50 and havent touched a cig in months. I just wish there were more studies on vaping for long term health effects

bump, I've had increasing anxiety about this over the last week

I want to pick up smoking, what are some good brands in Canada?

>only had paul malls

You are still addicted to nicotine. Stop acting like you've actually quit anything, weak-minded fucks.

yr a tard

Here's a little bit of truth / shame to motivate you.

People think you're really low class when you smoke. You think you're covering up the scent, but you're probably just masking it.
When you smoke you're lumping yourself in with the lowest common denominator of humanity. Unless you're a rockstar or a writer or are contributing some SERIOUS value somewhere in society, people will generalize you to be a loser.

I've never met a smoker who had their shit together.
I think smokers and fat people are kind of two sides of the same coin. It's just disgusting.

except im vaping 0mg of nicotine you dunce

Pall Malls are the only good ones

well nicotine has benefits but smoking is terrible on every part of your body.

I'm just going to tell you how I quit, hopefully this helps you.

I just went from smoking a pack and a half a day. To just going straight to Nicorette gum. I think it's important not to use a vaporizer. The hand to mouth thing is part of why you smoke and it's too similar in my mind to work well. The biggest thing you are going to realize is when you smoke. When I quit I noticed driving, eating and working out were all ques to smoke. This is when my cravings were the strongest. I would then chew a gum if I wasn't already. You'll just have to will power through it for a little bit it does suck but once you only get cravings on que it gets easier to prepare for them. After about 2-3 weeks of the gum I decided it was time to slow things down. I just started going down and down off the gum and switching to non NRT gum. The slow transition made it easy at that point. This was my method I think it's a better way of going about things, mainly because you eliminate all the hand to mouth habits right away. Then just isolate the drug withdraw. Happy quitting!

Detoxifying is a fucking meme you mong. Theres no such thing. Just eat clean.

Joel Spitzer's videos really help in my experience. You can do it.

>commit suicide
>can no longer smoke
>??????????
>profit

Aftercare for your lungs after you've quit anyone?

if you haven't already, start taking daily walks
I would also suggest picking up HIIT via biking, if you've been smoking for awhile you might get a wheeze when you run that can put your mind in a bad place.

There's also some very weak evidence that extended fasts can remove toxins and help rebuild damaged tissue. Last I checked, someone in /fast/ posted a study saying that yoga/meditation can help to produce stem cells, reduce inflammation, and even reduce scarring, but I would need to double verify that

Good luck m8!

docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ugFPnbtHHnQ2w0SlZmSU5kQU0/edit?pli=1

Advices by people that never smoke in their lifes. "Just stop" "Dont buy ciggaretes" and bullshit. Did you know smart guys that cigarettes are more addictive than heroine?Also the cold turkey doesnt last only 3 days(as you say) but several months, for every person is different. I have stopped smoking 4 months ago and still have argues every other day. The truth is that a smoker is always a smoker no matter how many months has quitted. Sth really sad or a big dissapointment in your life and you are relapsing.

Confirmed. This book instakilled my 2-year, pack a day smoking habit before I even finished it. Mr Carr is a legend.