What happened to Toys R Us? What happened to JCPenney and Circuit City...

What happened to Toys R Us? What happened to JCPenney and Circuit City? What happened to Blockbuster Video wow what a difference? All of these franchises are gone.

Attached: download.jpg (300x200, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=4JYUo9WKkao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

internet

It's not fucking fair. :(

They were no longer competitive with other brick and mortar stores by the 2000s and then the Internet absolutely killed them. Sears is probably the best example of a company failing to adjust. For the entire history of Sears a major part of their business was mail-order yet somehow they were too retarded to transfer that to the internet.

Poor investment decisions and failure to adjust to the market accordingly.
And compare that to Amazon that started off as an online book store.

>your child will never enjoy the magic of running through a toy store eyes full of awe and discovery trying to pick from all the toys while you tell them no, not today, maybe for christmas
>you will now just buy whatever curated fad toy shitty hoverboard of the year is on amazon's front page for christmas

Sounds like more time for you to bond with ur child instead of them spazzing out over toys in a store

just a bunch of merchants. More appear, like weeds.

What happened to the 1000 automobile companies that were operating in the United States in the early 1900s?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_automobile_manufacturers_of_the_United_States

This.

Toys R Us got bought out by another company that they proceeded to dump $5 billion of their own debt onto, they never recovered from that.

The magic just goes away doesn't it?

>The corporate ad brainwashing was better back in the good ol' days
Same shit, different generation.

Mitt Romney and his industry did it. He's a Gordon gecko style raider.

This is a really good video on the topic.
youtube.com/watch?v=4JYUo9WKkao

Attached: the-communist-manifesto-karl-marx-and-friedrich-engels-Qa13Y[1].jpg (640x958, 32K)

>mfw netflix offered blockbuster to buy them out in 2000 and they laughed them out of the meeting

Attached: 1470257311027.png (640x480, 13K)

Jeff Bezos and other kikes are the reason modern Amerian cities look empty as fuck. First they moved the stores from downtowns to the shopping malls in bumfuck, now even those are abandoned thanks to the internet.

This is why we need anti-trust laws and why ancaps are fucking retards. These megacorps just buy out small towns entirely, ruin small business, and employ everyone in one place, then just leave the town fucked over the MOMENT they start to feel any sort of struggle.

Capitalism works best with many small businesses and I think things like wal-mart need to be broken up.

/thread

Well shopping malls are also going out of style in the United States as well. I think the most recent shopping mall that was built was in 2008.

But that would require you and you child to put down your fucking phones for a bit.

Can't see that happening.

Attached: dinner phone.jpg (800x500, 106K)

Whoops.

How is this even remotely Veeky Forums related? It's not even ,,,,,&humanities,,,,,.

Amazon
Netflix
Newegg
Ebay

>megacorp starts buying properties
>prices skyrocket
>everyone in the town becomes a millionaire
>megacorp only gets some shitty backwater town in return
???

TRuss sells the same shit but marked up

Children being children, what else is new? I think that's the problem right now. We have so many adults who are basically perpetual children that I think its because they weren't allowed to be children when they were young as child.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

What if Lazarus turned into an Anaconda?