How many miles should I be running daily if I want to burn serious fat...

How many miles should I be running daily if I want to burn serious fat? I've been running 2 miles 6 days a week and recently bumped it up to 3. A bit new to seriously working out.

I'm 5'4, 160lbs, female.

ur not gonna lose fat without building muscle. do GOMAD and SS instead.

eat less and do HIIT

how much time do you have?
you could hike 5 miles in 2 hours and burn more calories

I have a relatively free schedule, Ive also been eating a lot less and trying to bike ride

good on you fat user. one of my best friends was a fatty in highschool (he would even skip gym because it was hard for him) but during college he decided "screw this I need to change" so he started workout out with me (I was a fit military bro) It took hard work and perseverance but after about a few years he now has a good bod enjoys life and girls notice him.
For about the first year he worked his ass of but still ate mostly junk and didnt see results fast. diet is very important. but dont think "not eat" think "eat healthy" assuming you have the standard chubby girl diet change to "less carbs more vegetables and protein"

like the other people said building muscle will help tons with loosing fat. some girls fear getting too bulky but that will not happen without YEARS of trying to get big muscles. It will not happen by accident.

On eating healthy, at first most of it will taste terrible and you will be miserable craving the old shit you used to love. If you can ignore that for a few months and keep up with healthy eating your taste buds eventually change to wear you will start to crave the healthy food.

Drink more water and less of everything else. Liquids are a fairly easy way to reduce calories quite a bit.

Best of luck to you. It will take a while but will definitely be worth it. (running 3 miles a day is legit, you've got the work ethic, just work smarter and remember the path to health is gonna take a while, but is absolutely doable.)

Back in high school for cross country, we'd run 5 miles in the morning and then 5 miles in the afternoon. Tuesdays and Thursdays we'd do workouts in the afternoon, instead. I never felt more Veeky Forums in my life.

Thank you for the advice, ive been avoiding lifting as I didnt want to get big.

I lifted and worked out a lot before getting into a relationship but then continuously gained weight through out and after getting dumped so im trying to get back in it

one mile burns around 100 calories at cardio pace
not a lot

yes cardio is heallthy for you, but youd be depressed knowing the 3 miles u run burns about 200 calories max.

my advice is to lift weights, since having muscle increases your metabolism, makes your body burn fat more efficiently, and eating much less.

if youre gonna do cardio, do HIIT. not for the weak hearted though. first time i did it i nearly passed out. if youre not nearly passing out each time, ur not doing it right

would also highly recommend body weight exercises (squats, pushups from knees if needed google others...) as they are probably the best thing for building muscle that will never get bigger than a sexy athletic physic.

Also have a healthy sleep cycle. Its really hard to loose weight if you are not sleeping enough because the body reacts to that like stress.

Yooo abs are made in the kitchen if you want to lose fat you gotta quit the bs you eat. Don't gotta lie to any of us, just acknowledge it and change.

>avoiding lifting as I didnt want to get big
There it is again

It takes years of serious training for a woman to get big

Right ones still look bad

I would say bump it up if possible but that's a good start. I'll share my experience and hopefully it might help. I was doing about an hour of cardio a day on various machines and burning off 500 calories, and eating around 1900 (about 500 under my TDEE). I would say on the treadmill alone I was doing 3 km on an incline in addition to an hour walking a day. I was losing about 2 pounds a week and doing well, but I felt as if I might be losing muscle so I switched to SS ( don't do GOMAD whatever you do). Since then I've been stalling and it's because I'm not doing the same cardio.

So I guess my advice is if you do end up doing some kind of weights (which would be good to try maintain muscle while losing weight) make sure to keep up the same kind of cardio. I've done HIIT a bit but it hasn't had the same effect at all and I'm going to go back to doing traditional cardio on off days and calorie counting more rigorously.

Also, stealing that rare Pepe

P.S. women have a much harder time putting on muscle than men, I think it's 0.25lb a week max naturally, so don't worry about getting big. Make sure you get enough protein so you don't lose muscle as well as fat while cutting, as happened to me

>cardio pace

don't eat less if you're going to workout, made that mistake for over a year and i did not lose any fat just muscle, it was the worst experience of my life

Gay