People ACTUALLY think starting strength is a good routine

People ACTUALLY think starting strength is a good routine.

*inhales*
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH

maybe you wouldnt have to inhale after every sentence if you actually went to the gym

it's not a good routine, it's fucking excellent

found the fatass who fell for the SS meme

lower body (squat and deadlift): 105 reps per fortnight
upper body (bench, press, chin-up): 135 reps per fortnight

and power cleans are part upper, part lower.

>shitposts loudly

Enlighten us and post a good starter routine brosplit-kun

SS can be good if you add curls, pullups, rows, ab work and don't eat 5000 calories a day.

So basically do what the book says then?

beginner strength routines are a meme. strength training should only be for specialized and highly experienced lifters. and by strength i mean near maximal loads. a beginner builds plenty of strength on bodyweight even.

>lifted for a week and i actually have larger arms than this fellow

>people ACTUALLY think SS is for aesthetics and not to build a strength base.

>But m-muh strength!

so what should i be doing guys

SS for 6 months then full body, PPL or brosplit if roids.

calisthenics

>roids
isnt that a bad idea

Never ceases to amaze me that when Rip says arrogant shit like “the sad truth is a lot of people are just too fucking dumb to understand the simple shit in this book” he’s actually right.

Go to the gym and derp around for a month, explore. Then when you know what are your fav lifts, what do you excel at focus on those, and then bring the rest of your body up to those. Eat a lot of meat, vegies, and some carbs, no sweets expect fruits. And there u go, you don't need to be an autist to follow that. Do that for half a year, and the after that you can do programs and count calories or whatever the fuck u want.

Candito's linear 6 week

pros and cons. it's not for everyone, morals and health considered. if you have to ask if it's a bad idea, it's probably a bad idea for you.

What would be a better beginner's workout then? The ones on the wiki are mostly similar.

Some meme strength routine if you want to get strong like the elitist autists here

Some bodybuilding split you find on the biggest bodybuilding sites around if you want to improve your looks and be aesthetic, like any regular guy

starting aesthetics

read sticky.

Just focus on compound free-weight lifts.

Bench Press
Shoulder Press
Incline Press
Dips
Pushups
Dumbell Rows
V-Bar rows
Barbell Rows
Pull ups (Hammer grip, overhand, chin ups)
Shrugs
Squats
Hamstring curls
Calf raises

Use low weights until you can lift heavier weights

Do Strong Lifts 5x5 for like 5 or 6 months. You WILL grow muscle, mostly because you're just a beginner, and anything works on a beginner.
After a while you'll have strengh, and proper form, but won't grow anymore.
Then you drop it, find yourself a decent full body workout routine.

Stay the fuck away from brosplits! Training muscle groups once a week is a meme, it works if your body has shit recovery or you're on roids.

dumbest possible noob question: why are they called splits

this. SS will get you strong but will not get you chad unless you add some ancilliary exercises or you do a sport that helps you get chad’ed

personally i added curls and dips for arm size, lateral raises for shoulder width, calf raises and hamstring curls for leg proportions, and chest flyes for pec definition

it depends on what you want to look like. SS lays the foundation for your physique but you need to add exercises to train body parts that you want to stand out or if you want certain insertions to pop

nsuns 531 LP

Ok. You can go back to your barre class now sweetheart.

I guess if you're fine with wasting a year in the gym. Might as well P90x and save some money and time until you wise up and want to get strong

>He thinks SS is a bad routine

My progress pictures say otherwise

SS is good (if you want to get a big ass).

Seriously, the best starting routine is to not waste time reading books about lifting weights and just go to they gym and lift some dumbbells. After some months you will start figuring most things out by yourself.

Greyskull LP

The routine is fine if you add your own accessories. Fuck GOMAD or eating 6k calories a day though.