+10 lbs./week to squat

>+10 lbs./week to squat
>+5 lbs./week to deadlift
>eventually squat will surpass DL

explain for lil brainlet ole me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No it wont because you can't add that much weight every session after a few months

Also it doesnt say you should add 5lb week to dl, its a lower body movement you moron
T.

You only deadlift once a week, hence you only add the 5lbs once a week

Damn, I'm retarded

>Progress with 5lbs for lower body
Nigga are you counting your legs individually or what

but i feel like by the time your squat starts to stall your deadlift will be hilariously behind

bump

unless you have very squat-oriented proportions, your deadlift will naturally be ahead of your squat

also squat and deadlift tend to somewhat drive each other up

Use symmetric strength to track how proportional they are. If your deadlift DOES fall behind, just start alternating them every workout.

good idea, ty

yeah but what im saying is if your squat is X and your DL is x+50, after 10 weeks they'll be even and by the 11th squat will be ahead.

good thing the progression is autoregulated and you'll hit 10 for your 5+ set on deadlifts more often, doubling the progression increment

pic related it's you looking at routines

i guess the question becomes whether or not starting ahead and adding 10 pounds a week occasionally vs starting behind and adding 10 pounds a week consistently will result in an imbalance. at the very least it still seems you'd be missing out on DL gains.

what program is this with the fancy colors

I ha exactly this concern so for the next 3 weeks ill add 10lbs on the deadlift each workout. Then ill continue with 5lbs

you're missing out on deadlift gains the moment you decide to do any of these 3x5 programs that prioritize squatting so heavily

squatting drives the deadlift, but not as much as more deadlift volume would

Greyskull. There's a book too.

I did this exact program and my squat surpassed my deadlift after a few months, that being said there were some obstacles in terms of my deadlift progress:
>Shit bars
>Kept doing double overhand for too long
>Shit proportions
>Kind of fucked up technique

It's not a lot of fun deadlifting 3pl8 when you're squatting that for reps

Oh well though, deadlifts can suck a dick anyway I never really enjoyed them.

none of that was really a factor other than
>shit proportions

you just suck at deadlifts because you have short limbs, can't be helped man, don't blame you for avoiding them because the risk reward ratio for short armed lifters on conventional deadlifts is completely fucked imo

Yeah, I honestly don't really care about my DL at this point so I'd rather just squat and get my hamstring work in through isolations or partial range pulls like block pulls. Plus I have a pretty good back just from doing different types of rows anyway and I'm not competing in anything so fuck it.

Such is life with over 3 foot legs and arms that barely go past my dick.

Lol

is there any GSLP variant with more deadlifting? 5 times a week is ridiculously low volume. tired of all these Western programs treating deadlifts like a sixth will kill you.

Just do 3x3+ instead of 1x5+, alternate squats and deads if you want even more.

good looking out homey

I have the opposite problem I guess

>tfw long limbs
>145lb squat
>210lb deadlift

unless you have marfan syndrome i can almost guarantee you your squat form is messed up

youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw

Well, probably not I guess.

I have these long-ass legs so I have to lean forward quite a lot, but I think maybe my ankle mobility is shitdicks and also my hip flexibility or something

I'm the guy he was replying to, I'm 6'5 with long legs (36 inch inseam on my pants). Do you fail from folding over or are you just unable to extend your legs?

It's always my legs that fail, as far as I can tell.

My back never seems to have a problem supporting the weight, despite leaning forward pretty far.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

In this one, am I supposed to add weight during the days where for example bench press is an accessory instead of the "main" exercise?

So far I've been able to do so but just wondering am I actually doing it wrong.

Should I do this as routine a total beginner dyel? Deciding between this and standard PPL

Greyskull would be better than a PPL for beginners. Personally, i would recommend doing phase 1 of starting strength first just so your squat and deadlift isnt pitiful when you start. That should only take a month at most.

That is pretty normal.

ok, fully stupid question but here goes.

Say I wanted to do greyskull BUT with squats first and 1 set of deads last, ala starting strength. Would that work?

Also if I wanted to do dips, would I just add them in as another rotation with bench and ohp, or would the lower frequency cuck me somehow and lead to imbalances?

You probably won’t stall on deadlift for about a year and a half, you could do 10lbs till your first stall then 5 lbs after you deload.

His point is you don’t need to rush making deadlift gains. It’s dangerous so it’s best to learn slowly.

Honestly you’d make better strength gains with this program HOWEvER if you want to look good then who gives a fuck about that shit. The logic behind recommending SS, SL or greyskull to a beginner is flawed because high reps like 8-12 build strength just as well, except at higher reps

>can squat 100kg for 11 reps
>have to squat 200kg next session

>If last set goes over 10 reps, double the weight for the next workout.

>if last set goes over 10 reps, double the weight increase for the next workout
>double the weight increase
>double the increase in weight

are you ok user

Ty for the new brainlet

yogueghgh welcgegmgm

For the first one you might as well just do starting strength at hat point for the second yes you ill be cucked. Do dips as a secondary movement after your deadlifts in the place of close grip bench.