So Veeky Forums is it worth doing Hex bar Deadlifts if you can do regular ones?

So Veeky Forums is it worth doing Hex bar Deadlifts if you can do regular ones?

It effectively replaces both the squat and deadlift. The only reason to do either is if you compete.

sure

more quad involvement, less shear on the low back, can be loaded heavy, favored by a lot of s&c coaches for that reason

also has the highest carryover to power production of any lift apparently

>It effectively replaces both the squat and deadlift
nah dawg, nah

I started doing trap bar dls and I will probably never go back to regular

t. Rippletit sucker

No. It's mechanically the same as a quarter-squat.

Do it on an elevated surface. Problem solved.

Hex is better if you don't compete.

Less posterior activation though so I'd add straight leg hex deads as well.

Still worth learning to clean a BB right IMO though.

not at all, it's fundamentally still a hip hinge movement like any other deadlift

Only if you're a manlet and use high handles.

If you're doing it right it should not be like a squat.

Breaking Muscle had a study looking at the mechanics and Trap DL is more of a hip hinge and more like conventional DLs than Sumo. T-nation did EM studies and also found it to be more similar to conventional than Sumo.

Definitely more quad dominant though.

in a deadlift the load is in front of your body that's what makes it so hard and that's why it requires so much more back strength, glutes and hamstrings
with the hex bar the load is further back just like a squat, and you don't even hit close to depth with it. Just do squats instead.

when did you find out?

Which is why exrx and strength coaches categorize it as a back and glute exercise not a quad one....

the mechanics are totally different my man

lifting up a hex bar is a fundamentally different movement than picking up a barbell from the floor or squatting with it on your back

not that it's a bad lift but you should be doing all 3 -- not skimping out on the 2 most important and thinking you can replace em

what makes them the two most important

> using trap bar for deadlifts
Nani ?

but the point of hexbar DLs is egolifting like 1/4 squatters, can't do that on an elevated surface.

no other lifts challenge your mechanical systems like picking a heavy bar up off the floor or squatting while balancing one on your back

sounds like someone just read starting strength for the first time and is eager to share their "knowledge"

Have you ever even used the hex bar for deads?

rationalize not doing the 2 biggies however you want im just telling you straight up that if you do hex bar dl and not standard dl or squat you won't make as much progress as you would if you worked all 3