What do rows hit that deadlifts don't hit? Guess I'm just trying to find an excuse not to do rows cuz I hate them

What do rows hit that deadlifts don't hit? Guess I'm just trying to find an excuse not to do rows cuz I hate them.

there are half a hundred variations of rowing, i don't know enough about biomechanics to answer your question but don't be a bitch do ur rows

You shouldn't neglect your horizontal or vertical pulling.

They hit the sternums and the Ursula major. Fucking obvious.

loling at that egolifting retard in the pic. if you have to use straps and can't keep your back straight, then the weight is too heavy for you lol.

Range of motion at the shoulder and elbow.

Deadlifts hit the lower back, lower lats, and upper traps in the biggest aesthetic muscles hit
Db rows hit the middle traps, lats, and lower lats, and upper traps if you're more upright
BB rows hit the rear delts pretty good, and the lats, and middle and upper traps

If we ignore everything but the back and assume you do nothing else but these exercises this is what your body would look like

Deadlifts would give you a christmas tree back with some v taper via lower lats and some width via lats along with big upper traps. You wouldn't have that thick back look.

DB/BB would give you good development in your traps both upper and middle ( not really lower) and give you some width and decent lower lats (db and bb). You'd look thick with good rear delts (bb) and thick middle (db and bb). Some lower back growth (bb).

And if you really want width, you'd do weighted chins/pullups.

This is only speaking of back of course. Rows will hit your biceps and forearms as well, while deads hit forearms, arse, hams and quads.

This guy is a woman now.

This user is actually too weak to not use straps on heavy rows
hahahahahahaa

i used to not like them either cuz I always thought you're supposed to go super heavy but when I lightened up the weight but a shit load and focused on pulling up the weight with nothing but my lat then I started to love the exercise.

Okay griplet.

I still can't believe it. It's like all the testorone in his body went full circle.

Do cleans instead.

Cleans and rows aren't the same lul

thank user

I think it just attention seeking, but maybe all the estro sides caught up with him. Seems like the cool thing to do is change gender, it’s like “like farming” online gone too far.

This is what happens if you don't PCT kids.

Kroc rows may lead to over developed Traps

rows arent a core part of starting strength and power cleans are. why would you stray from the light?

Your grip will never be at the same level of your traps/upper back retard. If you limit your lift with your grip, you are handicapping yourself for no reason. Just do grip work later and that's it.

You do realize these are croc rows right. I mean 2/10 you got me to reply but Jesus I actually believe you are stupid enough to believe his form isn't intentional.

This is the problem with anonymously posting on a fitness board. You look like shit and know nothing but since you're a normie you need to virtue signal that you are knowledgeable and passionate so you don't have to realize that you are in fact, an empty, weak pussy.

Kill yourself faggot lol

Deadlifts use your lats/erectors/traps to hold a position while your lower body does all of the work, your back still gets worked on them but it is no where near the same.
Just do weighted pullups and a type of row which you like if you don't want to do bb rows

Fucking classic

DB rows hit the upper biceps, middle biceps and lower biceps. They also hit some of the biceps.
>tfw DB rows never feel like they're working the lats in any fucking capacity, no matter what I do mechanically or how I rest my body
I just wanna give up. It's fucking useless, a lat pulldown nukes my lats while DB rows doesn't even tickle them.

You're pulling wrong then. Try lowering the weight and learn to pull with the lats in your back.
Similar to DLs, you're not supposed to feel anything in your biceps. Your forearms (for grip) and upper back should be activated, not your upper arms.

>you're not supposed to feel anything in your biceps
How can I pull wrong? I don't know what sort of elbow you have, but in order to bend mine I HAVE to activate the biceps. How do I lift my elbow up to get my hand parallel without bending my arm using my biceps? On lower weights I never feel my lats at all, and on higher weight I feel my ceps and forearm holding the db. If the exercise is so intricate that you have to do rocket science for it to actually activate the muscle it's supposed to, then it's not a good exercise. You can't NOT activate your triceps on a tricep push-down, or not activate your quads on a squat, or not activate your delts on a front delt raise, or your lats on a lat pulldown.

>holding for support
nevergonnamakeit.scx

alpha destiny would disagree.
cheat rows are in

>when the irony escapes you

You're definitely supposed to feel it in your biceps

Try lowering the weight and pull it to your hip almost slanted like instead. It will hit your lats harder than your middle traps.
Once you can feel your lats doing the work, up the weight to a comfortable weight.

I wouldn't worry too much about hitting your lats on a db row. It will hit them, it just won't be nearly as hard as a pullup or lat pulldown. There are two main (at least for me) ways to do db rows and then kroc rows. Your normal db row everyone does will hit mid traps good. The way I just told you will hit lats more. If you still can't feel it afterwards, then jump over to your favorite lat workout and finish it off.
On another note, you can almost mimic the lat movement for deadlifts with resistance bands or cables. Grab some cables while keeping your arm straight at your side and just pull it back (focus on your lats while pulling to get full mind muscle connection). You get a decent tricep exercise from it too.

Your grip can never handle working lats, shoulders, back, legs, traps, etc

You need to use straps for something because the grip will be the weak point.

The one time I actually injured myself so badly during lifting that I must stop for two weeks was during one arm rows with 70 kg.
I stopped them entirely and only does barbell rows, deadlifts and pull ups.

I can DOH 455. I have no problem doing my pulling without straps, griplets.

>455 dead

you have to be 18 to post here

Lol my best is 570

Stay lazy and don't do Rows, bitch