What program should I run 5/3/1, Westside, Korte 3x3, or Sheiko #29?

What program should I run 5/3/1, Westside, Korte 3x3, or Sheiko #29?

The one you like most and think you'll benefit the most from.

Sheiko is coo

Prepare for endless sqauts

5/3/1 is the dumbest program ever. Unless your on Rich Piana's stack then you aren't going to make progress doing 9 reps

8/10

nuckols 3x int med for bench
Candito 6 week for lower body

Isn't 5/3/1 designed for washed up powerlifters?

Are you a fairly experienced powerlifter prepping for a meet? If not, that tosses out Korte and Sheiko

Are you comfortable diagnosing weaknesses and dialling stuff in on the fly? If not, that rules out Westside

5/3/1 is the most basic/most generally applicable. That doesn't make it ideal for you just less likely to end up being a complete clusterfuck. Plenty of other options.

Well all you're going to get is people's opinions, not facts. That said, here's my opinion.

Sheiko: very high volume. Will provide great gains if you've earned the right to do it. And that's a big if. You don't just jump head first into a program like this; you've got to build up your work capacity over time. Otherwise there's a high chance you won't see progress and/or you'll get hurt.

Westside: the basic template hasn't really got much to do with what training actually looks like for the Louie Simmons' powerlifters. Still it's not completely retarded although I personally believe most people would see better results doing more conventional stuff in place of the speed work.

Korte: The split between a high volume phase and a high intensity/low volume phase is clever and effective. But this program is very specific to powerlifting with its limited exercise selection and super low reps in the later half of the program. I say this should be modified if you're not an actual powerlifter. Also the low exercise variation can set you up for overuse injuries.

531: More of a method than a program these days. As such it's hard to say anything concrete about it because different versions can be quite different from eachother. There are many ways to modify 531 which can be both good and bad. While something like Sheiko is best done for a limited period of time only before going back to more sensible "easy" stuff, 531 can be run for literally years.

The other big issue Korte (and its one that crops up with Westside as well, though to a lesser extent) is that it assumes you're a very strong and proficient equipped lifter. Which means that the numbers as written are skewed as all hell for most people asking these questions.

>the numbers as written are skewed as all hell
You mean the percentages or?

Yeah. The maxes are meant to be taken off a single-ply max, generally a comp one at that, and the test lifters for it were Worlds-level competitors which means everything is super deflated when the average lifter goes and inputs a raw gym lift.

>5/3/1
Shit without jokers and FSL, extremely dependent on autoregulation with jokers and FSL. Don't.
>Westside
Not bad but requires equipment. Don't unless >400 Wilks and planning to compete in gear.
>Korte 3x3
Retardedly minimal. TM, but worse. Don't.
>or Sheiko #29?
Rule of thumb is never do Sheiko unless you've tried everything else and still need more volume.
>So what do?
Candito LP

How about nSuns 5/3/1 or GZCL?

Those are the programs I think would be most applicable to the audience around here.

westside or sheiko

why the fuck do programs even matter?
I just go to the gym and do 5 sets of 5 on a few compound exercises, why should I do anything else, powershitters?

Post your body and lifts

first tell me why it matters

because once you graduate from middle school tier lifts it helps to have a structured approach, periodization, fatigue management, etc

>periodization
why does this matter?
>structured approach
5x5 on everything to failure, what's the problem with this?
>fatigue management
sleep more eat better

BECAUSE LINEAR PROGRESSION DOESNT LAST FOREVER REEEEÈEEEE

it doesn't most of these retards just want to justify why they paid $99 for some trash meme program

brrrrrrappppppppfftttttttttttt plop btbtebrbrbrbeffffffffffft plop!

awesome quality post man keep it up
proofs?

Yep, both are equally good to Candito LP too. Do whichever one you prefer.

Play don't last forever

Nobody actually does just the three sets of 5/3/1. If you do you're a moron and need to read the actual program.

FSL and Jokers are simple as hell. Stick to FSL or another variant, and do jokers if you feel really good, DONT skip your FSL/variant if you're doing jokers, it's extra work for when you feel good.

It's fucking simple.

SS LP, TM.

Shit

Do Brian Arlsruhe "westside" on his channel or if you are a beginner do westside for skinny bastards.

This

Do 5/3/1 main sets and if feeling it, jokers to a given RPE. Then do some FSL paused variation and maybe some light accessories for whatever you want

On the subject of 531 how would you lay out a three day a week bodybuilding routine? The book has a few templates but I'm curious about what others have done.