Hello. I'm new here and I want to get a bit healthier

Hello. I'm new here and I want to get a bit healthier.

My parents have fed me shit my whole life, all I do is sit at a computer and drink soda and eat fast food.

I'm 19, I literally weigh 110 pounds, I'm probably malnourished.

The first thing I want to do is drop soda and fast food. I feel like that is a good starting point and I'll most likely see an improvement in my health.

So now I need some advice.
First off, what do i do about my sleep schedule? I go to bed at 6 am and wake up at 3 which completely fucks me for my meals.
So what is the best way to fix a sleep schedule and stick to it?

Secondly, what is the best way to work out at home, I don't need any crazy gains but I do need to work on my cardio and I would like to build some muscle.

That's really it, if someone could hook me up with some advice I would love to hear it. Thanks.

18+

Weed make you unhealthy. So, cut that shit out.

obligatory read the sticky

>i'm 19

?????
I don't know if that's true. Depends on the person. It can make you un healthy if you smoke and sit around just jerking off and eating shit all day but a lot of people smoke and go work out.

I don't smoke but I don't think it just makes people unhealthy.

Reason a lot of people on this board have this opinion is because half of the people on Veeky Forums are those low spectrum autistic kids at school that wore iron man hoodies and chain wallets.

Get into death metal and google search some pre-basic military training regiments. They're a good way to work yourself up from nothing.
It's not just the stuff they do in basic. It's a sheet to prepare you for what WOULD happen in basic. So it basically assumes you're an under/overweight piece of shit and tries to get you prepared for basic.

Get a fucking job

male or female

Smoking Weed is the same as you inhaling smoke itself. It is not much different from smoking
a cigarette. Only difference is chemicals.

Piss off. I tried weed myself when I was in high school and college. It made me sluggish and lazy. Not only I experienced myself, I saw how weed affect on people. Only few people who love to smoking weed are fine. Most don't.

Holy shit, good advice dude. Thank you.
I've had one since I was 16.
Male
What if you make butter and cook with it then? You don't need to smoke it.

>a bit healthier
>a bit
>bit
Go hard or go home.

You're right. Mindset is key.

Read the sticky

I did, I'm going through the whole thing right now and highlighting the key things I need to focus on but I don't think it goes over sleeping which I asked about.

Go to sleep and wake up the same time everyday. Get at max 9 hours. min. 7.
I use a nice website called sleepyti.me

dude i was in your shoes about 3 months ago. first thing first get more sleep and eat better. second buy better food, don't make the " i have no money" excuse, find the money. drop an expensive hobby or don't eat out and you have the money. third don't give up. it's a slow process. working out for one day or week won't magically give you muscle.
hope any of this advice helps.

Fix your bedtime slowly. Trying to suddenly start sleeping at a normal time won't work even if you stay up for days beforehand, you'll just feel even more miserable. Before bed, take melatonin, drink herbal tea, and limit exposure to screens that don't have blue light filters (F.lux for computers, Twilight for smartphones).

Nobody here can fix you, only you can do that. You obviously know what you need to do, just do it

Set a time that you'll go to bed to around when you normally go to bed. Every day, go to bed a few minutes earlier, and wake up a few minutes earlier. Set an alarm in the morning 8 hrs from when you went to bed. When you hear it, get up out of bed and don't be a pussy and snooze it. If you want to stick to it, then you have to want to stick to it.

If you're going to work out, find a reason to work out. Your reason for wanting to lift so far sounds half assed, and half assing something doesn't matter. Either do it or don't. When you have a goal that you think you can achieve and want to achieve, then you're ready for advice on how to work out.

Dropping soda and fast food for some people isn't easy to cut off immediately. For a week or two you'll crave it. A good way to stop having soda is to drink seltzer water instead. If you want fast food, eat something like a PB&J sandwich. It'll fill you up.

Get a hobby that will take you off the computer. Even better if that hobby requires a lot of time or attention.

I was in a super similar position as you, probably even worse about 3 months ago. Was 110 at 6'4 with very similar habits. Since then I've gained 20 lbs and still going.
Cut out soda and start drinking water. I was drinking 5-6 sodas a day for about 5 years which fucking sucked. I completely stopped drinking them and was insanely tired for about 5 days or a week, but after that it's easy.
Read the sticky, make a plan, start waking up earlier and planning your meals. The biggest thing for me is cutting down on time on the computer and phone. The blue light really fucks up your sleeping pattern, it's something I'm still trying to fix.
Lastly stay motivated and take things slow. It's gonna be a gradual process gaining weight and putting on muscle. My life has gotten 10x better and I'm overall way more happy so look forward to that.
Apologies if this is written autistically, wrote it out on my phone.

>blue light fucks up sleeping patterns
>always watch youtube videos on my phone in bed
>sleep schedule constantly shifts forward by 2 hours most nights so that I'm nocturnal half the time
Is that the cause? I thought there was something wrong with me. Anyone have any advice or similar stories?
t. guy who's in a similar situation to OP minus the weed.

just set an alarm at 10, then two alarms at 1030 and 1032 and put your phone on the other side of your room so you have to get up to turn it off. snooze for half an hour, then make absolutely sure you actually get up, out of bed and out of your room once the second alarms have gone. if you have a shower, dont even think about getting back in bed afterwards even if its just to watch a video or whatever
the most important thing is that no matter how late you actually fell asleep, you get up and stay up at 1030 every day for 3 days. that way if you only got like 3 hours you'll be really sleepy come 11pm, and falling asleep will be easier.
after 3 days, shift the alarms 30 minutes earlier and repeat the process. do this until you're waking up at the hour you want to, and pretty quickly if you stick to it it will go from feeling horrible and nasty to totally natural. make sure you don't look at a screen at all within 9 hours of the time you want to wake up

>after 3 days, shift the alarms 30 minutes earlier and repeat the process. do this until you're waking up at the hour you want to, and pretty quickly if you stick to it it will go from feeling horrible and nasty to totally natural. make sure you don't look at a screen at all within 9 hours of the time you want to wake up
Alright, this sounds good. So, this will actually let me have a consistent schedule again?

For better sleep. In order of decreasing importance:

Melatonin (0.3 mg) a half hour before a proper bed time (10 pm-ish) will help you get to sleep and reset your internal clock. Vit D (2000 IU) at noon will reinforce that.

Stay away from blue light after dark. Get a sunset/screen color temperature app like redshift for your phone/computer if you absolutely have to use it after dark.

Make sure your room is cool (65-70F) and as dark and quiet as possible for sleep. A pink noise or white noise app for your phone will mask most normal sounds.

Make your bed every morning. Wash your sheets every week. Wash your pillows and mattress pad every couple months. Wash your comforter and blankets every year.

Tidy your room before you go to sleep.

yes but you gotta stick to it, no excuses, for at least a month or so. after that your brain will have adjusted and it's fine to have late nights/nights out or whatever every once in a while, but in that transitional phase if you let it slide even once or twice you're very liable to gradually do it more and more, and eventually fail
its also really important to spend as little time as possible in your bed unless youre trying to sleep, and especially bad to be on your computer in bed

>but in that transitional phase if you let it slide even once or twice you're very liable to gradually do it more and more, and eventually fail
Yeah, I know how that is. I'll stick to it for a month then. Thanks, user.

Stop buying soda and fast food. Problem 50% solved.

Twilight is so shit. Either root your Android and install F.lux or if you have an iPhone use the built-in.

0.3 mg of melatonin? Are you dumb? Melatonin barely has any effect already and I don't even think an LD50 even EXISTS for melatonin. Take 5-15 mg of melatonin, not fucking 0.3.