GF just told me she's pregnant. I want to raise my kids to be Veeky Forums and not like our current generation of...

GF just told me she's pregnant. I want to raise my kids to be Veeky Forums and not like our current generation of... whatever the fuck we are. Any parents on Veeky Forums with child rearing advice? I figure I'll let the kid run around a couple hours each day until they're poop out and feed them good food when they're super young. Once my kid start preschool or whatever I'm going to make them do one physical thing (like some push ups, a run around the block ect.) and do all their homework or else no dessert every day. I'm also thinking no electronics until 9 or 10 so they learn to live without that stuff.

Please give me any and all advice, I'm way out of my depth here

>not like our current generation of... whatever the fuck we are
did you're literally having a bastard child out of marriage. it's already fucked. congratulations, you're part of the problem.

Unironically watch thueleanperspective on his advice.

We're going to get married before she gives birth. Now how do I make my child a good person?

teach your kids not to get pregnant before marriage.

>I'm also thinking no electronics until 9 or 10

Little kids should be in bed and asleep before that

>or else no dessert every day
Americans have dessert everyday?

No phone/computer unless they hit the gym and have good grades in high school
Constantly do physical things at an early age - kick the soccer ball around, play basketball if you're black, hike, etc. Once they start hitting puberty, start introducing them to the gym and making sure they get maximum gains. Explain the deep importance of the iron temple
Also, teach them how to read nutritional labels and what macros and micros are. I'm amazed at how many adults are clueless about diets.

Not sure if troll or retarf

I'm not a burger but yes, a small amount of fruit with just a little sugar or something like that.

Being born out of wedlock isn’t an issue and certainly isn’t something confined to your generation. Plenty of well adjusted men and women were conceived out of wedlock, you’ve missed the point of what he was asking entirely.

I was born in wedlock, and don’t have any kids that are bastards in that sense.

Teach them about this Vietnamese basket weaving forum so they can wake up to the truth earlier.

>when little user was born his father placed in his hand a small folded piece of paper before leaving forever
>when user opened it so many years later he saw just 8 words

Read the sticky and get the fuck out

Teach them to assess information so they don't associate any web forums with sources of truth.

If you're too strict your child will turn into a hard core degenerate in their teenage/young adult years. Just have some limits. What you've mentioned so far is good, but I think you should give them electronics earlier like 5-6 but limit the amount of time they can use it. A big problem is going to be actually hanging around your child, as a huge reason why our generation is like this is our parents reliance on tech/friends as a baby sitter. So instead of making them do push ups or running, go play with them outside. Take them to the park and play catch, ride a bike, anything that's active. Also recommend you enroll them in sports when their young. saves you a lot of trouble. One big, big thing I can tell you is stay connected when the kid hits puberty. It's going to be a real fight but if you can stay involved in their life, and they trust you, your child will turn out great

put your future child into the boy scouts and make them play baseball. none of that degenerate basketball or football bullshit

Just enroll them in fucking sports as early as possible. Though you would have to do it in a way so they don't worship them like cuckball fans do.

Just make him workout, rather workout with him.

no

dont forget to make your pregnant gf take omega 3 capsules for that iq boost

Never ever ever use food as a praise or discipline tool. You’ll associate food with destructive emotions or behaviors.

Teach them that they should respect their bodies and part of that comes with respecting food, physical activity, and their education.

tell her to get rid; children will destroy your life and replace all that you are with 'parent'

A V O I D

How old are you and her?

I'd start doing simple workouts or hanging on bars, running, climbing near him when he's in the playground or just generally when he's very young (3-4), this way he will get excited about it (doing it with his dad, doing adult's stuff) and this will (I hope) get him hooked on it. No need for actual strength training, just let him run around and hang on stuff.

Thanks anons, I'm going to have a home gym soon so I'm going to introduce my kid(s) to it as soon as possible. Sports is obvious but I don't want my kids to end up obsessed with any given sport.
27 and 25 respectively

Tech is fine, social media, videos, and ENDLESS GAMES are not. Have them coding or designing/building stuff with computers.
In school they are doing to sit for eight hours, half hour recess, and play after school for a 1-5 hours. Most people become worthless by by not even doing a half hour for years on end, then try to compensate the fuck out of it.

Tldr go outside, but remember people are used to sitting inside for long periods of time

Congratulations!
Good start
If it is a boy then get him as soon as possible into a team-based contact- or combat-sport
Rugby is the best possible one
-Best possible social skill development because of the sports nature (unlike football)
-gets tough from the beginning
-gets strong, fast and powerful while developing great endurance

Maybe a mix of rugby and any mma or krav maga for self defence

Definately keep him off of social media and the internet for as long as possible without being the asshole-dad (he'll thank you later)

Don't spoil him with anything without any work from his side

Teach him traditional values like discipline, persistence, loyalty, respect etc.

Make him do his chores

He has to read instead of watching tv all day long)

No matter what you do, do it with love
Love him like he is but encourage him to be the best possible
But be more of a father figure than a friend to make him look up to you instead of challenging your opinion all the time

It may seem like a lot, but you have a lot of time to find your way and I won't doubt that you want only the best for him

Good luck for you and your future wife!

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes
English isn't my native language

I wouldnt worry about it. Its probably not yours anyways.

Celebrate in a hot tub with champagne. If that doesn't work, push her down some stairs.

>Once my kid start preschool or whatever I'm going to make them do one physical thing (like some push ups, a run around the block ect.)

Fuck no. At their age, Veeky Forumsness must be all about fun. Play games with them, goof around, roughhouse, play wrestle. Keep them moving and active, stay away from serious stuff.

Regular runs around blocks, chinups, pushups, weightlifting etc. (things that require serious self-discipline) only come around at a later age. You'll only turn them off to Veeky Forumsness if you force them at a really young age.

Correct tongue position from birth

Read pic related, available on amazon. Arnold's Fitness for Kids.

>iron temple
DROPPED

Never let the kid suck on his thumb or a pacifier, never let him mouthbreathe. Make him stop immediately, that shit will fuck up jaw and tooth alignment.

My mom did this since I was born. Love you mom. Thanks for not letting me become ugly.

/thread

the child will still wonder why are their parents not married.
which will lead to issues

>If you're too strict your child will turn into a hard core degenerate in their teenage/young adult years. Just have some limits.

Let the kid learn from the consequences from their mistakes. Let them fail and fall, but always be there to catch them. Let them explore.

Father of 2 healthy children here.
Live in Bonny Scotland so most of the kids in their classes are ham moons, fast becoming ham planets.

What I’ve noticed is up to a certain age (around 7 or 8) all kids run around etc. The only variable is diet. If you feed you kids shit and let them drink fizzy drinks, they get fat and have an unhealthy relationship with food.

With our kids, as soon as they were on solids everything was home made. When they get older get them involved in food preparation to teach them about food. Explain to them good vs bad food and drinks etc.

If your an active person / family the kids just do it and learn from it. We let them watch tv and play computer etc in moderation but also get them reading and doing crafts and science experiments etc.

Explain the world to them. When they ask you a question don’t just give them the answer, give them clues on how to work it out themselves or show them how to research, e.g. what books do they own that may have the answer or what to google to get the answer.

All kids are different but all are very malleable and will be led by example. The fact you are posting this question on Veeky Forums tells me physically your kids will probably be fine. Mentally they’ll be a mess.

I call my kids “the projects”

>Junk food should be a rare treat. 2-3 times a year
>get them interested in active outdoor pursuits
>don't push them towards things they are not interested in. They will just resent it and rebel against it.
>encourage them in following their interests if they arent shit like quitting school and becoming an Internet streamer.
>Unfortunately, eventually, they will be more influenced by their friends than by you. You need to do the ground work before that stage so when it comes they still follow their outdoors interests.
>unfortunately, you probably don't know half the skills required to be a man so you won't be able to teach them. Stuff like basic car maintenance, finances, surviving outdoors, navigating etc

I really wish you used more Scottish euphemisms in your narrative.

Like calling them your wee fucktrophies for example.

i would say go to viriculture.com
but the website seems to have been taken down or all the content is gone

there are still archives on archive.is though

For the love of God feed him organic

The biggest one should be to get the kid to play team sports. It gets you social, physical and also fun. Later on it easily drives them to go to the gym

>the child will still wonder why are their parents not married.
>which will lead to issues
nobodies parents are married these days, the child will think nothing of it.

Boy Scouts is good but the true patrician non degenerate sport is track and field especially throwing.

Not the guy who wrote that post but I honestly wish I could be spiritual enough (for lack of a better word) to see my gym as a temple. I was raised an atheist/nihilist and I'm glad I was but I really wish there was a part of me that was open to a great power. not a god or anything like that but more just a universal energy or something. This probably doesn't make as much sense as I think it does.

dont force your child into any kind of physical activity, my parents did it to me and it made me hate them and the activities in question.

Sounds good senpai. But don't make them hate physical exercise. Make them play sports and have fun.

lol fucking faggot
OP, hopefully you don't have some nerdy loser for a kid like this edgy cuck.

Get them interested in the outdoors, take them fishing regularly, camping, hiking etc. Don't just tell them to run around the block or do push ups, that's boring as fuck. Get them into shit like brazilian jiu-jitsu young but make sure they don't quit. Try to keep them outside as much as possible/away from the house as much as possible, take them to the library, get them interested in reading, anything to get them away from sitting on their ass watching TV or surfing the internet/youtube/shitbook

>Get them into shit like brazilian jiu-jitsu young
starting him out as a memester at a young age
nice, dude.

No TV NO video games. Make them play outside and have useful hobbies.

Check out John Taylor Gatto for the reason why people are weak cowardly and unable to think for themselves

Make them do the chores. It teaches responsibility

>spotted the chink

nice post buddy

thanks, faggot

>boy scouts
>Literally letting girls in now

Op, don't listen to this fag

>boy scouts
>baseball
nerdy white kid 101
great advice if you want your kid to get bullied lol

Are you asking/sp/ for advice on how to raise a child?

You've already failed my good sir

Never post but I have to here for the kids.... Model what you want your kids to be. If you want them to lift weights, show them how fun it is to be in the gym with you and a ol' big smile on your face when you PR. If you want them to run show them how much fun you have when you run a marathon and collapse in delighted satisfaction. Want them to swim? Guess what? Swim with them and show them how fun it is to swim fast and blow bubbles an in your spare time. Don't be regimented, don't force them, but show them that it is fun and it will be fun for them- they want to be you. Feed em good and have fun. If you can show them how to be fit in the time that you have you are winning user. Good luck. Kids are the shit.

what are you angry about?

no dad?

The bastard boy shall inherit nothing upon his fathers death and he will bear the last name Snow!

Am I right?

>coming to that conclusion
daddy issues, my man?

>getting married because of a kid

that is literally the second worst mistake you can make outside of the one you already did

Are you guys religious or what with that "get married bro, don't get kids before that"?

Throw your kid in wrestling when he starts school. Amazing exercise

Get them in nfl,wrestling or smth like that.

Get them young in team sports so they can learn how to socialize at young age.

Best advice

The second he's born slap some ankle weights on 'em.

>making preschoolers do push-ups

You’re weird

this
make sure you are physically as good as you can be, so he or she has a man to look up to. I think this is probably the most important thing of all. Take them hiking a lot, an appreciation and respect for nature is a great way to instill good values. And for the love of god, make sure you or your soon to be wife can cook well.

>We're going to get married before she gives birth.
Have both of you gone to and completed college?

You have a few years to become the man you want your son to be, or your daughter to marry. Be a good role model and the rest will follow.

>dessert every day
not gonna make it

Just look at your own life and the problems you faced. I bet 7/10 anons are smart but underachievers because they never put in the work to make it.
Teach your children the importance of hard work, reward them if they present results. Make sure they sit atleast an hour a day doing homework.
Dont withhold electronics from them, just make sure they dont get addicted/dependant on it. If you withhold them they will be the laughing stock at school or feel left out. Put them on a team sport so they have a group they can be fit with. Just imagine your son win thr first game with his friends or your daughter performing her first dance recital. At the end either of them looking at you smiling at you.
Gym will come in time, maybe never. But thats ok, just make sure they keep up with their sport.
Have faith user, I hope you have a healthy child