Is it acceptable to drink alcohol while powerlifting?

Is it acceptable to drink alcohol while powerlifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

kabukistrength.com/whiskeyanddeadlifts/
youtube.com/watch?v=LAl95iEcJl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that guy who takes shots between sets

Bumping for interest

>citrus beer
Gross

Do you mean having alcohol as part of your diet while embracing doing a routine, or literally drinking in between sets

Why wouldn’t it be?

>Is it acceptable to drink alcohol
No

I always assumed you treat this like soda. Yeah you can drink soda while bulking or cutting, but you have to stay in your macros. Same is true of alcohol, it's just that alcohol makes it harder because it's an easy way to pack on a lot of calories/carbs quickly.

If you're an athlete I would say it's nor worth it since you're a powerlifter I would say if you want to have a beer have a beer but don't overdo it.

kabukistrength.com/whiskeyanddeadlifts/
>Alcohol can be a performance enhancer that can reduce tremors, improve balance (yes…immediate but not long term), and thus ultimately improving accuracy. In addition to calming the nerves, reducing inhibition, and reducing fear, it also heightens whatever mood you’re in – including aggression or sociability.

tl;dr: take a shot of whiskey before maxing out

Neither of those are chad brews

>Shock top
>Chad
Pick one

Wondered why I shot better with a buzz going.

Chris Duffin is weird as fuck and shouldn't be listened to under any circumstances.

these

Drinking beer is considered cheating with shooting sports

>A world class powerlifter with several world records shouldn't be trusted

If you only lift for strenght, yes drinking is perfectly acceptable. Just don't get drunk every single day

was about to post this. The tremor reduction is significant for shooting
>tfw no tactical diazepam

I'll just leave this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=LAl95iEcJl4

yep

Is that the world famous Bedroom Bully?

that was tiny frank

there's plenty of anecdotal evidence from people trying it and it seems to work to some extent. at the very least it will take the edge off and increase your confidence going into the lift, kind of like sniffing ammonia would

you do you brother

bump

Shock top is bogo rn

Saved 20$

I like ST. Pauli girl fuck you

you have shit taste m8