DEADLIFTS

>DEADLIFTS

when did you learn this exercise was a noob trap?

>fatigues CNS so you can't do actual exercises
>shit hypertrophy
>hamstrings already worked through squatting
>risk of injury
>retarded energy and time consumption (3pl8+)
>makes you look like a fridge, killing your v taper

for all the mongoloids who complain about lack of size gains: How about you stop doing this retarded exercise and invest more effort and energy in lifts that actually matter for aesthetics, like pressing?

my deadlift PR is 455, and I stopped pulling months ago so suck my dick dumb 3 month SS faggots

Same time I learned that squats are a meme too. This board used to push that shit like crazy to justify their superiority over people that actually work out upper body and look good

deadlifts too hard for poor little baby boy?

Case in point

>but it'll ruin my v taper thats why i dont do them i swear!
>says the 150lb dyel

sense when were squats a meme?

t. leglet

I don't have anything to prove here m8. I lift to look good, just like everybody else despite what they say. I don't like squats or deadlift so I don't do them

Squats themselves aren't a meme, but the idea that you are morally superior to the average gymbro for doing them is silly

>shit hypertrophy
How retarded do you have to be to do deadlifts for hypertrophy?

I'm at 3 pl8 and have literally 0 noticeable oblique or side addominal development from it . Unless you are getting up past 4pl8 for reps you are not going to "ruin" your v-taper and most of you niggers will never actually have a v-taper because your hips&waist have to be much smaller structurally than your chest and shoulders.

The majority of people are never going to have a v-taper, and the majority of the rest are never gonna lift enough that it even fucking matters.

>not wanting to be fridge mode
Want to know how I know you're a faggot?

>fatigues CNS

lol

>my deadlift PR is 455

LOL

you have to be 18 to post here

Are there any actual refutations of the OP or just resentful meme arrows?
I'm gonna start lifting this week and trying to choose a routine and don't know whether or not to include deadlifts.

>>shit hypertrophy
I'm seriously confused about what people mean when they talk about deadlifts not being good for hypertrophy. Why wouldn't this particular movement be able to cause overcompensations?

id rather look like a fridge than a bodybuilder

do it when you start out, alway great to build strengh.
I've been lifting for like a year but I stopped doing them since like 4-5 months just to focus more on other parts and cause it was too tiring.
do them, you'll feel amazing.

they're only trying to rationalize to themselves why they don't do the hard lifts

lol nigger i have a v-taper and i've been going to the gym for 1 month.
My whole v-taper comes from doing cali because lats make up the v-taper and i did plenty of pullups and i have visible lats.
Obviously i have to exhale and flex abs.

OP is as new as you are i don't think listening to him is a good idea

Post body.

it's probably because you don't do enough reps to get to hypertrophy because you usually do warmup and then like 1x5.

how much you weigh twink?

because you're not supposed to do more than 5 reps (because of injury risk) with any meaningful weight, retardo

hypertrophy is through VOLUME, strength /= aesthetics, and 3x5, is not VOLUME. If you can't understand this concept go open a book

So why are you doing them? Just to lift heavier numbers? Even if you don’t compete?

well duh
i'm also a kind of manlets at 5'10
i weigh 160.

>makes you look like a fridge

It's kinda cool looking though. Strong looking

So in a 4x8 hypertrophy routine should I be doing something like rack pulls instead?

the point of a rack pull is to load up weight you can't do otherwise so jacking the reps up to 8 is a little counterproductive

I deadlift.
Nothing wrong with My V-shape

Rude.

>hypertrophy is through VOLUME, strength /= aesthetics
How about we stay a little consistence. It really shouldn't be that hard.

It is btw not set in stone that you can only do deadlift in low reps just because some coaches recommend this. Others don't. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge has you doing up to 70 % of your 1RM for 5 sets of 10

I get that it can be a reason why people say they aren't good for hypertrophy but it don't really have anything to do with the exercise.
It's as simple as just adding more volumen

I like DLs but I don't train it, I pull once a month.
My leverages favor DLs so I rather just focus on squats.

DAAAAMNNNNN
no homo

Deadlifts don't make your wait bigger you fucking incel

Noice, mirin the back abs

It's my favourite exercise, so suck my dick op.

Appriciated.

DL doesent ruin your V-shape eating like a big and bad form does.

Also fuck do rows and wrighted pullups aswell doing just DL is retared and SS is fucked.

OP is a faggot ofc.

>roid acne

word

Lmao scared of an exercise that makes ur back stronger.

>not just doing it correctly

You deadlift significantly more than 455?

nice roid acne

what the fuck lol.

You think Bodybuilding.com and T-nation are also liars?

There's some memey stuff here but squats and deadlifts are lifting staples. If you have good reasons for not doing them that's cool, but don't try and suspend reality

>DL obsessively for a year
>reach lmao 4pl8
>huge thick quads and hammies, strong powerful glutes, incredibly thick muscular lower back
>buncha dudes 'mire me in the gym
>literally nobody thinks I left outside of the gym

>injure back after a combination of overtraining and slightly off form one rep
>also fuck up my right pec at the shoulder insert after making gains too fast and benching too much

>welp, fuck
>just start training my biceps and triceps
>dumbbell curl shoots up to 80 lbs, tricep press 200lbs on the cable machine
>literally never train chest or legs
>tfw nobody mires in the gym anymore

>suddenly everyone outside the gym is constantly miring
>girls are all over me
>just hit the tris and bis every few days instead of DLing and cleaning for hours everyday like a fucking nerd
>finally have more time to study, grades go up

My life is so much better after I stopped ego lifting

low quality bait, try harder 4/10

I'm 100% serious

>I don't like squats or diddlies so I don't do them
>I don't like eating clean so I don't do it
>I don't like getting up early to work out so I don't
>I don't like doing anything but sitting on my ass watching television so I don't
Slippery slope, my friend
>t. guy who hates squatting but does it anyway

Deadlifts make me feel like a big man, and I enjoy doing them

Some people care about being strong more than looking like a faggot curlbro
/thread

why would you even want this

ignorant audience fallacy -- people outside of the gym have no idea what amount of work it takes to DL4pl8, but they like arms. anyone who lifts thinks you're the epitome of bro

you are ego lifting, btw
lifting to improve ego in a social sphere

user those curlbros are stronger then you anf they arent dumb enough to be suckered into the faggot cult of "Real strong men" be fat hasbeens and shills

Youll be sucking down cock to prove how much of a real man you are in no time

Naive idiots with no sense of self are easy targets for those types

agreed. the best looking bodies i see at the gym are on guys lifting dumbbells/machines

Is Graba Eleniposting back?

who?

Graba Eleni

she worked at a bikini coffee place, Grab A Java

If you don't deadlift, you are dyel. This is not up for discussion, debate or any form of conversation. If you're okay with being dyel, then that's great. Be a mediocre """""fitness""""" enthusiast, but you will forever be dyel. You are on the same level at pajeet, lat machine guy, curlbros, and the like. You will NEVER, read N E V E R, be anything but a guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym and can never adequately be considered someone who can give decent lifting advice. You'll be mocked by anyone who actually lifts, when you say, "w-well I used to d-deadlift b-b-but I don't now." You are dyel, and always will be.

Why does the anti deadlift crowd completely ignore the fact that DLs are fun? Like doing anything other than arms is just a chore to them and everyone's only doing it because Rippetoe's forcing us.

Probably because for a lot of people it isn't.

I still deadlift - and still have to push it fairly hard - but the best part of a heavy deadlift is being able to put the damned thing down.

>deadlifts 1 pl8

Hit 5plate from a 2 inch deficit the other week.

Its too important a lift to Strongman to give up but if I never have to pull a true max again I can't say I'll miss it. Certainly won't miss greying out on the platform and blowing out every damn blood vessel in my face and eyes.

ehhh, I'd disagree. I think the deadlift is a great exercise, don't get me wrong. It's just that if you're lifting for aesthetics then there are ways to get the same results, if not better ones, using selectorized exercises and other compound movements. Sure, it may not be as efficient but you're going to lower your risk of injury. I'm an endomorphic guy, 5'6" manlet, and within two months of lifting I was deadlifting 470 because I had a lot of muscle that was disproportionately developed. Aesthetically it's been way more beneficial for me to do a long cut, skip the DL for a while, and focus on rounding out my physique.

if you think a back squat is working hamstrings then you are doing something seriously wrong. glutes yes, but there's absolutely minimal hamstring activation in a squat

>Deadlift
>Injuries

are you fucking retards to don't know how to do a proper form deadlift
deadlift is the best exercise after squats, so stfu

>are you fucking retards to dont know how to do

>manlets
>human
Hello, dyel

>hamstrings already worked through squatting
What planet are you on?

doing proper deadlifts has actually helped me immensely in my recovery from having two lumbar herniated discs. That plus yoga has strengthened my lower back to keep it aligned

>FOR THIS

That explains why Arnold's V-taper was so shit. Damn... Should've worked for aesthetics instead.

>these are the people posting on this board

The low bar squat works the entire posterior chain with a focus on hamstrings and glutes, as opposed to the high bar which is quad dominant

Jesus Christ, fucking embarrassing. Open an anatomy book

>thinking an anatomy book goes into mechanics of a squat and how physiology is affected

you mean a weight lifting book?

Jesus Christ, fucking embarrassing. Actually try reading an anatomy book

You're wrong, as it turns out. Both styles of squat are quad-dominant and quad-limited.

only retards and dyels only do 1x5 deadlifts.
jesus christ people on this board really are retarded and don't lift.

If you think you can low bar squat without utilizing the hamstrings you need to open a fucking anatomy book, end of discussion, retard

i dont dead lift, squat, bent over row or t-bar row.

>I'm quite fond of my spine and lower back thanks.

>have a better physique than 95% of this board.

name me one anatomy book that goes into low bar squats and hamstring activation. Go ahead

Post pic

Take my boipussy

>still no pics
Lets be real, you look like shit and are dyel

Compound movements are hard ones to master, especially lankets do have issues with them too. I do understand people wanting to walk away from it but once you master it you'll never want to quit it.

Starting strength by Mark ripptoe

>universities will start using Starting Strength to teach anatomy courses
>book will mainly go into how to properly lift and skip out on all systems of the body

>lifts that actually matter for aesthetics

>lifting only for aesthetics

What kind of girls are you guys after that they care so fucking much about marginal muscle developments jesus fucking christ what a horrible world to live in get me off this ride.

this guy knows.

you gotta remember, most of these people are grade school children.

It's a shitty exercise if you are gde

thread destroyed

From the amount of shitty CBT threads I've seen on here and the lack of anything worth looking at, OP or anyone else in here does not have an argument.

Look up louie simmons you dolt

Louie has no formal education, has not written any books specifically on anatomy and is talking about a style of squat that is completely unlike what everyone else means when they say squat.

>name me 1 anatomy book that goes into lifting mechanics and physiology
>names another lifter

its like you guys dont actually know whats being taught in school

my goodness..... Anatomy books go into circulatory, digestive, nervous, endocrine, excretory, reproductive, lymphatic, muscular, integumentary, and respiratory systems. They don't go into lifting and how squats activate hamstrings.....

well you know Veeky Forums. Discrediting lifters who have been lifting for 20+ years, have PhD, and been lifting at national levels. Just 3 years of lifting will give you this knowledge

Arnold was known to deadlift 700+ lbs and had the best V-taper in history. Youre just too much of a pussy to lift heavy.

liftlet here
>fit says you aren't impressive until 5 plate... this is less
>fit says mixed grip will kill my bicep or something

way to bump your own thread faggot

v-tapers are fucking gay as fuck. in saying that, deadlifts are an unnecessary waste of time.