Philosophical debate

>Philosophical debate
>my opponent is necessarily forced to advocate nihilism as a consequence of his line of argumentation
>acts like this is somehow a victory

heh, every time.

Attached: 3697fe655a9e68b6faacc7bb671a2b47.jpg (451x429, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat
youtube.com/watch?v=9kEdMAh0aPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a victory if you cannot argue against nihilism.

Nietzsche did. You know shit about nihilism nor philosophy.

>implying Nietzsche wasn't the first nihilist himself

Attached: Nietzschwit.jpg (217x232, 8K)

t. F. H. Jacobi

I don't even like Nietzsche much but the entire point of his philosophy was anti-nihilism nor was he remotely the "first nihilist".

The entire point of his philosophy was anti-pessimism and in trying to refute pessimism, he came up with this non-standard called "power" which would remain ever elusive because it was only defined as the ultimate teleological principle but since we have no way of determining what principle is the ultimate, its just as well he should be considered an extreme cynic and consequently a nihilist.

The entire point of his philosophy was an counter-culture radical explanation of the origin of philosophy and the basic concepts used by philosophers. Jesus, read Genealogy of Morals and you will see how he identifies the ancient concepts used by peoples.

As he BTFO Plato philosophy, he seems to advocate for empiricism, however he rejects the point of view of its supporters. The necessity of objective truth, the interpretation of the concept of truth as omitting the qualia problem, as he addresses such matter more consistently.

He analyzes the origins of philosophy and debunks the constructions made by later philosophers as their concepts have no rigorous basis, and the circumstancial validity they have is BTFO by the criticism against Plato, empiricism, qualia, limitations of language, human reasoning...etc.

I'm not a huge fan of Nietzsche, but if you cannot argue against Nihilism it means you didn't even tried.

Who says I can't argue against nihilism? If I'm going to argue against nihilism I would think my opponent would have to explicitly advocate nihilism for that discussion to be relevant. Usually you can't even convince them they have advocated nihilism because they fail to realize how their own systems break down under the extreme abstraction they used to scrutinize your own arguments.

Nihilism about what?

I'm sure if you've had many philosophical debates someone has tried to invoke something like these. in order to debunk your position.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat

In the first place, nihilism is the lack of fundamental values and beliefs.

>you can't convince them
If you don't talk about that case, how are we supposed to tell you how to overcome it? In the first paragraph, I showed you how nihilism englobes a lot of situations.

nietszche said that nihilism was self-negating, which is essentially what OP implied
if you have to basically argue that it's likely that neither argument is even possible then you've negated your own argument

That didn't answer my question. I asked nihilistic about what.

Remarking definitions to invalidates someone's point is defined as "arguing". Are you a pseud?

I've seen to many people around here talking about nihilism without knowing what it actually means.

First, what's your purpose?
Then, explain the preference's process of thought. How does the guy choose between possible explanations of daily events?

Where is the nihilism?

>pseud
rei fucking leave

I'll fucking kill you, m8.

I'm not that retarded kiddo.

>where is the nihilism

In the logical conclusion that because the truth value of a statement should be regarded as irrelevant by this standard that any truth value is equally irrelevant no matter how practical it is under any category. The very essence of nihilism.

Is this what you're talking about OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=9kEdMAh0aPI

Irrelevant to what.
Are you talking out of your ass?

Both of them are wrong.

That nerd stomps the religious retard, and Nietzsche stomps atheists and science lovers.

anything, bimbo

Attached: NO SPOOKS.jpg (694x565, 58K)

You don't understand. Here is the "solution" of nihilism. It's autoinvalidating.

The rejection of offered solutions of the epistemological problem, you have to ask him the concepts of knowledge and truth, find out where does his scepticism come from and how does he define and use rational thinking into the argument as a last resort, because of the claim of justification, or just consideration.

The most misunderstood "philopshopher" imo

Yeah but I don't have to do that because he a) wont recognize his position is now nihilistic b) has already lost.

That's why you confirm the concept of nihilism before going further, also it's not necessary. You could just do the second paragraph and enjoy the inevitably path to contradiction.