/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

It's The Weekend Edition

>>Thread Theme

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just came back from the university gym. Now I'll smoke a joint and unwind a little. Going to visit my parents over the weekend and help my dad build a new shed, and then the old man and I are going on a 10km jog on Sunday. Have a nice weekend anons.

>go to uni powerlifting room for first time in two years instead of normie one
>actually exert myself hard and properly exhausted by the end of it instead of coasting through with minimal weight increase because can't lift over uni breaks
>the gains I could have had if I'd done proper lifting from the start
Not sure how to feel lads

4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

Starting with calorie counting and meal prep tomorrow. Also gonna spend the weekend studying.

Struggling with drinking and finances (yes they overlap) atm bros. Any advice?

How often do you run? I can do 5k atm, how quickly did you get from 5-10 in comparison to first reaching 5?

Anyone know a good resource for improving GRE score? One of the only things I need to improve to get into grad school.

Can you help me, lads? I've got the psychological/ideological stuff well on track (Nietzsche hits like a brick, Fountainhead wasn't bad either), but I want to see some gainz before I head off to uni next year. I've started drinking milk and going to the gym, but I'm not sure which guide to use - Starting Strength, an app like Stronglifts, etc. What do you recommend to guide a challenging routine?
>t. eternal anglo 18yo 6'4" 65kg turboskelly dyel

Do you read on pdf or the actual books?

I bought Nietzsche and Ayn Rand in paperback - more satisfying that way. I have a ton of other reactionary, historical, economic etc. literature on my kindle as well, they were just my two favourites. My copy of Starting Strength is pdf.
If you're going to buy Nietzsche, the Kaufmann translation is the only decent one. The more (((modern))) translations are mealy-mouthed and shit.
(If you're buying translations, in general, make sure the translator's native language is the language being translated from, so you get more of the original Kraut or Russian soul and expression coming across.)
I read most things on Kindle - I can't read for long or concentrate very hard on a backlit screen, and while paper books are the best to read from, you can't carry around a whole library of them in your coat pocket.

Fuck no, rest today, then workout 6 days, repeat

Yes, start now, none of that tomorrow crap, it's a road to failure.

I'm going to kick the preteens away from my porch when they come trick or treating and i will beat the shit out of the older kids for trick or treating in the first place.
You're teens, for christ sake. Do acid or some shit.

>ayn rand

Remember to pick up and curl some of the young ones, every day is arm day

3 times each week, 5km. I don't remember how long it took, probably a few months. Started out at 5k

>4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

Page doesn't exist user.

>Naming Nietzsche and Ayn Rand in the same sentence
Please don't

>buying into the (((liberal))) meme about Ayn Rand
There's a reason no other intellectual name has quite the same ability to send lefties into an autistic meltdown at its mere mention. Maybe if you'd actually read Fountainhead or Shrugged, you'd realize it's basically a modern and far more rigorous and objective repackaging of Nietzschean elitism, with a focus on rationally intellectual and productive strength. If Nietzsche is elitism for Veeky Forums, Rand is elitism for Veeky Forums. Rand herself began with Nietzsche in her youth.

Any dls to a pdf or epub of a bible?
Also what are some good books to read? I'm currently going through how to win friends and I've got The Ascent of Man to read after I finish the first one.

Thanks chap

bump

Anyone here's a fan of Jordan Peterson? Some lads and I are making a JBP-focused discord server.

Have you tried www.google.com?