Will lifting heavy really make me shorter? Im 5'10 I cant afford to lose even an inch ;_;

Will lifting heavy really make me shorter? Im 5'10 I cant afford to lose even an inch ;_;

I dont like deadlifts so if I have to stop doing them thats fine, but do I have to stop squatting? How heavy until spinal compression happens?
inb4
>just complete the rep loL!
I dont wanna hear it

Bump, same height here OP
I've heard a lot about weight training stunting growth

Quit being faggots and just lift heavy

>How heavy until spinal compression happens?
"Spinal compression" happens in various degrees all day, every day. It's not a dangerous thing. In fact continuos compression/decompression is required to keep your spine healthy.

There is zero scientific evidence that lifting heavy weight will stunt growth, let alone make you shorter.
On a related note, the forces that go through your body when simply running fast are very, very high and comparable to lifting.

youre already a manlet. losing an inch wont matter

im 6'3 and am perfectly ok to lose an inch if the reward is lifting heavy, 6'2 is slightly more aesthetic anyway

nah 6'3" is the perfect height

t. 6'2"

>"fitness"
>people complaining about height

This is why allowing manlet threads was a mistake.

Face, height and nofap threads need to be purged as they are not Veeky Forums related at all.

Nofap is actually fitness related.
The rest of that shit?
Yeah, that shit should go to /hm/.

>nofap
>height
Both affect fitness

As long as you have correct form and don’t lift too heavy

>The American Academy of Pediatrics does not endorse using continuous maximal lifts for youth strength training.1 Single maximal lifts are not recommended until skeletal maturity is attained,1

>too heavy

Are 5 rep sets too heavy?

The main argument seems to be that you get more testosterone while lifting which results in your growth plates sealing 100% and/or balding starts happening

>In a 2010 study, Andrew Fry of the University of Kansas and Corey Lohnes of Washington University linked weight-training exercise to an increase in testosterone production. Involved in bone growth, muscle development and the closure of the growth plates, testosterone may have contradictory effects on growth. In a 2009 review of the literature on hormones and bone growth, Bart Clarke and Sundeep Khosla of the Mayo Clinic present evidence for testosterone's effect on both bone growth and the closure of the growth plates. Though their review shows that testosterone may not significantly affect the closure of the growth plates, these findings suggest that weightlifting may stunt your growth.

Holy shit if THAT is the main argument, then it's a pretty god damn unconvincing case.

First, exercise induced hormone fluctiations are transient and have thus far not really been convincingly linked to any real effects concerning anything (AFAIK).

Second, a review actually finds that testosterone does in fact NOT significantly affect the closure of growth plates, and they somehow make the conlusion that lifting weights may stunt growth?

What in the actual fuck. That conclusion is double fucked. Poor research.

I started lifting and had noob gainz and some friends I hadn't seen in a while actually thought I got taller.

You might "seem" shorter once you get thick, but that's mostly just to other dudes. You'll look taller to girls that are shorter than you

im 5'3", age 24 lifting for about 4 years

got to a 345lb squat and now im 5'2" in shoes

be careful out there bros

>Be 15
>Friend is super chad
>Started lifting at 13
>He is now super aesthetic 5’8” 15 year old chad.
>Meet him again 9 years later
>He never grew another inch
>He started balding aggressively
>tfw was 5’3” giga manlet DYEL at 15 but am now 6’0 and Veeky Forums

Felt bad for the guy

Both his parents are a lot taller than mine so it seems weird he stopped growing so young. Wonder if the lifting was a factor

hmmm, when did u stop growing user? im 5'4 but turning 19 next week and need hope that i didnt fuck myself over since i barely do overhead lifting

I started lifting at 14, grew from 6' to 6'3" until 16. Recently had another spurt age 22-22.5 from 6'3" to 6'4.5" and still going, but then again im babyfaced as hell, still No beard

I go sub 180 after deadlifts or squats. I takes almost 2 cm on top of regular compression, even with decent form.

>5'4 at19. hate to break it to you buddy but you maybe have another inch in you. maybe.