My shoulders hurt after every chest day now and I feel the conductor is going to stamp my ticket to Snap City any day...

My shoulders hurt after every chest day now and I feel the conductor is going to stamp my ticket to Snap City any day now. What do Veeky Forums?

Assuming you're doing barbell bench press, drop the weight a bit and focus on shoulders for a bit: I had the same problem and it cleared up after holding bench weight constant for a few weeks.

If that doesn't fix it try stretching, getting more sleep, eating more/cleaner.

Specific to barbell bench: hand placement. Hands too close or too far apart will place a lot of strain on the shoulders.

time to change to the floor press masterrace or take a ticket to snap city

Post delts. I’m willing to bet your front delt is much stronger and bigger than rear delt. You need to cut back on push motions until your rear delt catches up. Face pulls are good. Google some others. I like behind the neck ohp cos it uses your rear delt to push not just front delt like regular ohp or bench.

Also you should be able to row as much as you can bench. If you can’t you need to sort out your whole back desu.

Basically just work rear delt a lot and it should fix shoulder pain. Worked for me.

Bro fix your form, dont overextend SHOULDER JOINT in push motions, and more importantly start doing a good rotator cuff workout every session!! Regain good shoulders then continue ..
MAYBE fix ur Daily posture too.
/thread

Physio out

Narrowing my grip fixed my shoulder pain.

binge watch athlean x videos vaguely related to your subject.
angle of your armpit likely too big my guess

Yeah, I had the same until I took a week off of shoulder work and came back benching lower weight but focusing on keeping my elbows closer to my sides.

This illiterate cunt is right.

If your shoulders aren't locked down and back throughout the whole movement, you're doing it wrong.

This is also why I train antagonist movements on the same day (front felt/rear delt, chest/back, etc)

fix your form, and do facepulls.

I'm doing chest to lockout with each rep but I noticed the bigger guys stop just short of their chest and just short of lock out is there a reason for this?

>no cable machine
Are rows a substitute?

Deload and perhaps change up your exercises or even just rep ranges. A lot of the time if you spam one exercise you'll accumulate a fair amount of wear and tear to the tendons/ligaments/joints/connective tissues and cutting back to let things return to normal is good. For example if you do low bar squats try moving to high bar for a month or something or change your rep ranges. And yeah deload

Stretch. Stretch. Stretch. Literally when you wake up, before you go to bed, and before and after exercise. Look up some stretches for various muscles and do all of them, should take only 5 min max, but you are saving yourself a lot of pain.

Probably trying to keep tension on the muscle. Some people believe this makes for better mass training. It does get a pump better and makes you hit failure faster, but if strength training don't do this, all you'll do is compromise form and reduce weight

what exercises do you do on chest day?

don't flare your elbows benching, keep your elbows close to your body.

the main purpose of facepulls is to work the rotator cuff muscles and has fuck all to do with rear delts like some people might tell you. if you have no cables do dumbbell or band exercises that involve rotating the shoulder like pic related, might need to find a couple to fully replace facepulls. also band pull aparts.

Rear delts get hit by rows just like the anterior delt gets hit by bench, but you need more than just the compound lift. Facepulls are best, rear delt raises are an okay substitution.

Time under tension, there's been studies that claim you gain strength significantly faster if you don't lock out at the top of the movement, because that takes strain off the muscle and gives it a second to rest.

keep your shoulder blades pinched, nigger

Oh, and stopping right before your chest is to avoid using momentum to bounce the weight back up.

Normally max out on flat bench for sets of 12/10/8/6/4 then pyramid back down again

Then 4 sets on an incline with dumbbells and 4 sets of a lateral movement like dumbbell flyes.

>Injured right shoulder in college by being a full retard
>Pick up lifting again 3 years later
>Feel same injury coming back, it's either snap City or smol City for me
>Some dude on fit gives me one piece of advice, no pain since
Keep your shoulders immobile on bench and ohp.
>I was rolling mine for extra weight.
Super thankful to that guy.

Can anyone remind me, who's gonna make it?

>tfw row far more than i can bench
>300lbs
>can hardly bench 235

What do you mean by keeping shoulders immobile on OHP friend? Do you mean rotation of the shoulder but no movement up, down, side to side?

Abandon barbell bench asap, concentrate on dumbells and cable flies

t. Fucked up shoulder from benching too much

you dont understand user. how can you even say you lift without a 3pl8 bench

Well if you lift for strenght only, I guess 3pl could be important.

For the love of zyzz dont