My girlfriend is trying to lose belly fat so she started going to the gym...

My girlfriend is trying to lose belly fat so she started going to the gym. At least three times a week she goes to the gym and does mostly cardio and belly exercises. She hasn't changed anything else about her lifestyle and has been intermittent fasting for months now. Instead of losing anything, it seems she is putting on fat all around. What is going wrong?

>intermittent fasting
HOLY KEK, how can women be so dumb and buy into every meme. Dump ur gf, she's a fucking brainlet. Prolly thinks intermittent fasting doesn't count shitty snacks women love to eat and probably eats a large pizza everyday because "I didn't eat breakfast or lunch", because that's a woman's rationale.
have her read the STICKY

>my girlfriend

We know you're talking about yourself.
We know you didn't read the sticky.
We want you to fuck off.

Eating too much

>belly exercises

lmao

She doesnt know what the fuck she is doing

She goes to the gym and does nothing, she's cheating on her shitty diet. I know because I'm a girl and thats what I did until my bf literally had to baby me through everything and tell me exactly what to eat and go with me to the gym to tell me what to do.

Could you be more retarded? Just because your trailer trash momma shoves a large pan pizza and 5L of mountain dew Code Red up her loose hanging gash every day for tea time doesn't mean that's normal for every woman you greasy shut-in

Is she really doing IF or is she eating small amounts of food while "fasting"?

>What is going wrong?

She probably does light cardio for 20min while using her cellphone. She needs to get on a threadmill and run like her life depended on it

1. Count calories
2. Intermittent fasting is a fine tool but it will not work unless she is in a caloric deficit.
3. Change her life style eat better foods
4. Doing ab exercises will not "target" belly fat. Spot reduction is a myth
5. Weight doesn't matter nearly as much as body compasition. Just running will not vastly improve her body compasition unless she's decently fat.
6. Do an actual routine. Lift weights she will not get "to big and bulky" what she will do is gain muscle which will improve her overall body compasition.
7. Since she is a beginner she will be able to gain muscle and loss fat on a caloric deficit.

>tfw no simple minded gf to become enraged at

As for the anons above, what do you recommend?

>Count calories
>Caloric deficit
She was doing this at one point and apparently stopped. I'll keep an eye on it myself this time. Although she rarely eats fast food as it is and sticks to her fasting pretty faithfully.

>Just running will not vastly improve her body composition unless she's decently fat.
No. She isn't really all that overweight. Just noticeably chubby in her stomach region. But will running help at all?

>I didnt eat breakfast / lunch
My gf says this every single day.

she is eating too much

keto or low carb is the only way to get down to 5-8% bf without fuck tons of cardio

>tfw don't eat breakfast cause eating at 4am
>tfw don't each lunch cause fuck carrying one (cycle to work)
>tfw coworkers think I'm skinny and say in in such good shape from riding
Nah you fat fucking retards I just don't eat.

What foods, sizes, and eating times do you recommend? I need specifics.

Let this be a lesson to you all, a "fix up" chubby gf rarely works, because they're the shape they are because they are stupid and lazy.
Unless you want to hold their hand constantly, prep their meals, make sure they have no oppertunity to snack, and generally control every aspect of their life, she's just gonna stay fat, or get fatter.

If the pudgy bitch can't keep the cookies out of her mouth while she's sat at her desk at work, you're wasting your time.

If she's doing IF then she is straight up not eating except in one area of the day. It doesn't matter what times, and the fact that you had to ask this makes me think that she isn't doing it right... at all.

Here's a simple solution to the problem here; she eats twice in a 6 hour timeframe. 18 hours of the day she doesn't eat. So let's say she eats breakfast and lunch, that's it. She eats nothing else in the day. She drinks nothing else but water in the day. She has no snacks. She eats lunch and dinner. She eats no breakfast. She has no snacks.
That's the easiest way to do it. That's the simplest way. You don't even have to count calories, you just don't have to be a glutton at those meals.

Let's say I wake up at 6 in the morning, and I plan to eat 6 hours for lunch and dinner. That would look like this:

>6-11:30 only water. Nothing else
>12 I eat. Water is what I drink
>4-6 I eat dinner. Water again is what I SHOULD drink
>6-bedtime is when I drink water. Nothing to eat, nothing to drink besides water.

That is a simple schedule with easy as fuck instructions and easy as fuck to do. Some people do one meal a day in a four hour window. If your gf is not doing the bare fucking minimum, she is not doing it right. If she is drinking Starbucks with everything in the coffee, she is not doing it right.

On that note. If you need coffee, drink it black. That is the only other acceptable thing to drink.

Looks doable. And she usually works out early in the morning (only time she has for it) and for about thirty minutes each session. Only eats between 12pm - 8pm. I'll make sure she cuts out the snacking. Though she only does occasional light snacks between meals.

Would protein shake and green tea be fine to add onto what she can drink? And if so, when should she drink the protein shake?

Green tea is fine. If she "works out" in the morning, she should be drinking a protein shake right after her workout or within 12 hours. And that's pretty much a meal right there. Which means she should move the timeframes around to eating in the morning to lunch. But if she's "bulking" then she might as well not even do IF... I mean to pretend she's doing IF anymore.
If she's snacking, well... come on. She could probably cut that out and lose the fat.

IF is not meant to be a long term solution. It's meant for people actually trying to lose weight. She shouldn't be having protein shakes, and she shouldn't be snacking. And I bet she eats a bunch in that 8 hour window. And snacks before, during and after.
She's not doing IF at all. Just tell her to cut out the snacks and carry on normally and she'd probably lose weight on her bastardized "diet". It's not hard to not snack. I can eat 4k calories everyday if I wanted to, and all I had yesterday was 2 quessadillas, 2 sausages with 1 bun, 2 glasses of milk, a cinnamon bun, and 2 mini donuts within 2 hours. Which wasn't healthy or even done on purpose, but even with that amount of shit food, I was still way fucking below what I should eat in a day, and it was really easy. The donuts and bun weren't even needed, I just wanted them before they spoiled.

Which brings me to this; if she doesn't want to snack, then don't buy fucking snacks. If you somehow found about about IF, then how the fuck do you not realize you can't do that?

Not eating fast-food is good but overall I mean things like (all memes aside) oats and chicken. Things that fit her macros but also have alot of micros in there as well.

Yes you should always do some cardio
1. Good for the heart
2. According to Lyle McDonald it improves calorie partitionining
3. Its a good tool for creating a deficit.

BUT make sure she doesnt overdo it and actually does a lifting routine. One lie that the fitness industry sells to women especially is that the only way to get that flat stomach is to
1. Don't lift weights cause you'll get bulky :)
2. Severe calorie ristrictions
3. Too much cardio
This will make her skinny fat.

Also user what is your gfs exact fasting protocal? Like how many hours eating and how many fasted?

Likely she's binging during her feed state especially if she does a lot of cardio. Get her to do barbell movement's and eat less.

>Also user what is your gfs exact fasting protocal? Like how many hours eating and how many fasted?
She eats between 12pm-8pm. Her diet consists of salads, baked chicken, rice, salmon, etc. And although she keeps it in her eating hours, she likes snacking on potato chips sometimes.

No protein shakes. No snacks. Got it. And what's a good long-term replacement for IF? Want to keep her thin but healthy.

??? women are fucking stupid

Eat at maintenance with enough protein and actually working out.

Once she gets thin, she can eat whatever she wants as long as she isn't overeating. Though realistically, she should eat healthy and again, enough protein.

If she has to eat 2000 calories a day to maintain her weight, make sure she's eating that or under. She doesn't need a replacement, she just needs to control herself.

>lol at potato chips, jesus fuck

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.
>mfw thinking of you hurting

Her goal is no more than 1200 calories a day. So I'll have her drop the snacks completely and run/light weight-lift/stretch for 30 minutes at least three times week. I guess that'll do the trick and I'll monitor her to make sure she strictly sticks to it.

Last questions for her: Is oatmeal a good breakfast? I usually switch between cereal and oatmeal for breakfast (if I eat anything). She doesn't like oatmeal but is it worth having her try it? My understanding is that it is a good source of protein and fiber.

Last questions are for me: I've recently cut sweets out of my diet besides milk/cereal and tea. I've replaced them with fruits and cashews. Is that a good substitute? And are V8s and apple juice any good for you?

>tfw this is EXACTLY what my gf does and what I have to do

You just can't trust women man

Stop this. Just started seeing a chubby grill as I am just getting in shape from sports and diannabol

Ok so standard IF protocal got it. After reading this thread I must reiterate she shouldn't be "snacking". Those "snack" foods are complete garbage, and do not taste good enough to even come close to justifying their lack of nuttirents and caloric content. and if she can't go 16 hours without eating than she needs more will power.

As for what the other user said. She can have a protien shake if she needs it to hit her goals but only under 2 conditions
1. Post workout
2. Post workout is not during her fasting window

As for keeping her thin... That is a very very large discussion but to kept it simple....

What this user said

I would like to add however that long periods of dieting can decrease your bmr
There are two solutions to this.
1. Reverse dieting
2. Some research suggests that due to the hormonal responses to water fasting that the bmr does not decrease and it some cases over a 4 day fasting period increased in one study in particular.

Your gf sounds like she doesn't have enough will power or enough fucks to research safe and proper fasting so I don't recommend it for her. I did how ever feel I should at the least bring it up.

How about forcing the gf to get a really physical job? Like at a warehouse? Then you know she would be getting some exercise.

He probably doesn't know the terminology as its for his whale...why is this so amusing to you.

This is so fecking.true. I'm.so.sick of.seeing.fat asses at the gym walking slower than I do naturally on the treadmill (to be fair at that size theyre prob at 170bpm the fat fucks

>its for his whale
At worst she is a little skinny fat. Not really what I'd call a whale.