Does the more weight you lift/push/pull mean relatively the fastest muscle gains...

Does the more weight you lift/push/pull mean relatively the fastest muscle gains, quickest hypertrophy- despite any potential muscle soreness and/or injury?

Could you rephrase your question, I don’t know what the fuck you’re trying to ask

Progression Overload is a meme, yes you'll get stronger but for pure hypertrophy you need to lift within the 8-12 reps and you can't add weights as much as you can if you were to lift at that rep range.

I have no idea what you asked but you should probably read the sticky

you can only gain about .1 pounds of muscle per day it does not matter what you do

But surely there is a difference between lifting 1kg and 10kg and 100kg,
so if i could lift 10 w/o a problem and then would go for 100 and managed to, but would injure myself, or would merely be sore next day, would my muscles gain more than doing the mere 10kg

>But surely there is a difference between lifting 1kg and 10kg and 100kg,
yeah 1kg and 10kg will give you .0 pounds of muscle while 100kg will give you .1

>lift 10x the weight you're used to
Gee, I wonder what would happen. You obviously increase the weight over time, but in a more sensible way

Yeah, the 10x was to prove a point, for the sake of contrast..

You probably mean 1kg gives you .00 then
You just making this up though?

nope you can gain about .5 pounds of muscle a week naturally that if you stimulate growth in your muscles during your workout if not you wont get that sweet .1 pound

oh yeah and you gotta a net 300 calorie surplus as well forgot to mention

Why do 8 and not 12?

Here I'll simplify it op since Veeky Forums is a retarded cesspool of dyel's

1. Get stronger at big lifts that you like
2. Get joocy pumps and good direct muscle stimulation via other smaller lifts, get slowly stronger at these too
3. Gradually gan weight while eating lots of protein

That's it, that's lifting, done. Don't ask me a question about rep ranges or how to get stronger. Just do it, you'll get it eventually

What does that mean and why is it important?

what it means is that everyone's daily caloric expenditure is different even if you are the same height and weight you may need vastly different calories to maintain your body weight could be up to as much as 1000 calories difference, anyways you need to figure out your daily calorie needs and then eat more then your body needs, this is how you gain weight, if you do this and you do not create muscle growth stimulus you will still gain weight but it wont be muscle but it will be fat instead. let me know if there is anything that you do not understand i will try to explain it better.

>that you like
Seriously? Do people only do their favorite exercises and avoid the rest? I literally hate squats yet I force myself to do them when its time to do them.

I do primarily isolated machines.
Also what are pumps?

pumps are increased blood flow to your targeted muscles during your workout, makes you look bigger for a short while after your workout has ended

O yeah i knew that concept, i thought you meant it in specific relation to gaining maximum muscle.
So how can i assure i get roughly .1 a day as opposed to .05, and why is .1 the absolute limit

the .1 is for the average man 5'9-6'1 150-170lbs and of average genetics if you have really great genetics or are roiding this does not apply to you but most likely you are in the average like everyone else, the best way to make sure you get your .1 is progressive overload, increasing the weight on your main lifts(bench, deadlift, squat) every week.

This guy just said progression overload is a meme

that guy doesn't know what hes talking about, let me break down the best way to gain muscle to you using weight examples, ok here we go!:
there are two ways to gain muscle hypertrophy and progressive overload, the best way to gain muscle is to use both techniques at the appropriate times, what are the appropriate times you ask? There are tiers of strength that you can train to youve heard of these on this site (1/2/3/4 etc) so say that you are progressivly overloading your bench from 135 to 155 using a rep range of 4-6 reps once you reach the new strength standard(155lbs) you should be able to rep your previus strength standard weight(135lbs) for 8-12 reps. every week that you progressed from 135 to 155lbs you should have gained .1 pounds of muscle on that day, and now that you have reached 155lbs for 4-6 reps, you could change your routine for a week or two and do hypertrophy at 135 pounds and gain .1 pounds of muscle at the 8-12 rep range, then continue progressive overload after these two weeks to 170lbs and repeat the hypertrophy at 155lbs @ 8-12 reps and so on and so forth, does this make sense? You can make gains doing both hypertrophy and progressive overload but you wont make any gains if you don't progressively get alot stronger. people make this mistake mainly when first starting because they do hypertrophy @115 pounds and make gains but dont realize that its just newb gains. let me know if this makes sense

>I literally hate squats yet I force myself to do them

So technically, yes then.
Hypothetically speaking i could wreck my muscles by lifting way above my weight and they would gain the maximum amount possible

>Hypothetically speaking i could wreck my muscles by lifting way above my weight and they would gain the maximum amount possible
I do not know how you could lift more weight then you can lift that is impossible, you can only lift as much weight as you are strong enough to lift if you do not know how strong you are you need to experiment start with 95 lbs and keep going up till you can only get 4-6 reps this is likley around 115lbs if you are a beginner and then do 3 sets of 4-6 reps and you will make your gains, then the following week do 4-6 reps of 120 all the way to 135(your new strength standard) then you can do hypertrophy at 115 8-12 reps, does this make sense?

also the stength standards that i like to use are as follows: 115, 135, 155, 170, 185, 205, 225

Thanks for the efford main!
These philosophies are subscribed to by some and the ones you denounce are religeously followed by others, and it seems to depend wether one works or if some are fallaceously thinking their method works best.
Same thing as lifting vs isolated wieghts. It depends on what works best for you..
I don't mind newb gains btw, i just need to impress la femme, in fact newb gains are probably less effort and esteatically sexier

*aesthetically
This always bothered me btw, some very well trained men who gain muscle for tactical purposes and muscle that is actually useful, don't provoke as sexually a profound reaction with women than the build muscle for show..

Honestly some people can look really great by just getting thier newb gains and getting to 12%-15% bf usually depends on genetics