What has been historically the perception of beauty across the world?

how the romans parthians chinese see each other?

Attached: 41f1777cb50fff1104b521bde0fb5397--pretty-redhead-ginger-hair.jpg (736x734, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lwUQlkAUQDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Big titties have always been popular

i there any writing of the preferences at that time?

Attached: Zhao-Jiamin.jpg (500x538, 109K)

Attached: vszzv.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Ancient Chinese the Ancient Chinese associated red/colored hair with barbarism. Though particularly red. The Chinese slur for white people derives from what they called these people: Hongmaofan (Red Haired Barbarians) or Ang Mo in today's Cantonese/Hokkien, which comes from a time where they were racist vs. Indo-Iranian steppenigs.

Men have always been willing to copulate with women from any part of the world.

For the study I will post a few women from across the world to help spurr ideas

Colombian

Attached: 1521353024590.jpg (723x904, 117K)

Scandinavian

Attached: 124125.jpg (1263x1891, 566K)

Desi

Attached: 1520926105935.jpg (1000x750, 248K)

keep posting pls

French/Some kind of Polish

Attached: Anne_Wiazemsky_in_Il_seme_dell'uomo.png (960x576, 630K)

Probably Mediterranean.

Attached: 1520853468035.jpg (1072x1024, 248K)

realistically you wanted a plain, wide hipped, strong woman. like those venus figurines.
if you wife was too pretty, anyone of a better social rank would simply take her.

British Isles

Attached: 1520028333299.jpg (736x981, 160K)

Russian

Attached: 2352356236.jpg (960x1280, 203K)

Probably Russian

Attached: 1517353641715.jpg (1080x1350, 135K)

another Russian

Attached: 1512089728772.jpg (972x971, 72K)

Japanese

Attached: 345783583458.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Ottomans described beautiful people with the phrase 'moon faced', which I find strange, since people with round hedas always inspired disgust in me.
Definition, my friends, makes the man, and as Burns wrote "the man's the gowd for a' that." Particularly cheekbones.
That said, the Turks were fond of catching what I daresay are the roundest hedas in the world - the hedas of the Eastern Slav.
This theory of mine explains the risible absence of mass, organised gang rape from the 14th century Balkans - the heda of a Dinarid South Slav is not round, it is not like the moon; rather, the heda of a Dinarid South Slav resembles a lightbulb, for it is wider at the temples than the jaw.
The simple reality that the lightbulb did not then exist, whereas the moon, in fact, did explains why for centuries thousands of East Slavs with their obscene fucking plum hedas were farmed for export to Turkey, destroying the natural jawline of Turkish men forever after and provoking the mass beard growth which would in turn allow 'Turkish barbers' to establish themselves as qualitatively different from the (less honest) barbers of other nations - the Turkish barber knows you are there to hide your weak jaw from the outset, for is this not his trade?

This, but that doesn't mean they didn't have standards of beauty that differed quite highly between cultures and times.

Being willing to fuck isn't the same as praising someone or some group for their beauty.

Yes. Greek, Roman, Islamic and Chinese ethnographers wrote fairly detailed to ridiculously detailed descriptions of the physical traits of various ethnic groups (as well as their mannerism and how they viewed their temperaments). We also know pretty well what these literate societies valued in their own people's beauty, what cosmetics they used, etc.

Pre-Islamic Iran is a little more fuzzy, but there's a good degree of information on makeup. Similar with India (they just didn't write about this stuff much it seems).

Also, male beauty was also talked about, not just female.

finn

Attached: large.jpg (453x604, 60K)

Attached: ee4a936efd9f302eace7068f59ac22df.jpg (625x615, 129K)

>moon-faced
No, it's more complex than that. The near-eastern people like Assyrians were always described as having round faces, but they are not called moon-faced. That term is an originally Iranic-Islamic term referring to fair, wide-faced Turkic people of the steppes, like Cumans etc. This was a standard of beauty (the "turkish beloved" is a big theme in Iranian poetry) for a while, and often combined with the fact that the Turkic soldiers of the Islamic world were tall and well-built (coming from the steppe.

And the term itself was used to refer to fair, shining skin (radiant like the sun/moon) far before Turks were encountered. It's just a figure of speech in many cases.

>shining skin (radiant like the sun/moon)

Like a lightbulb?
My theory is flawed if a lightbulb shaped head can also be described by this term.
Years of research. Excuse me for reading about three words of your post, I have to get in touch with Dr. Lowry before my manuscript reaches the publishers

user I...I don't understand this humor.

Indian

Attached: e567568.jpg (1080x1080, 101K)

>user I...

Shhhhh, my little celebi, that's all I needed from you.

Attached: [rapes you in latin].png (619x603, 168K)

Persian

Attached: 1487722497155.jpg (1017x679, 170K)

Italian

Attached: 1486953736039.jpg (438x810, 100K)

>they just didn't write about this stuff much it seems
There actually used to be a lot of texts in various libraries but they got burned throughout the years.

I'm noticing a pattern here

Men to women:
>Masculine = hot
>Successful = hot

Women to men:
>Feminine = hot
>Pure = hot

Also, traditionally it was preferable to be THICC

Even with the face tattoos she still is hot.. Damn.

What pattern?

AND THEN YOU CAUGHT MY EYE
I WANNA SUCK YOUR THIGH
I WANNA SNIFF YOUR SOLE

Attached: 1517175881524.jpg (928x1161, 114K)

Attached: 1512012979165.jpg (1062x1412, 143K)

Indian

Attached: 1252356.png (513x651, 688K)

Some mix of asian and white

Attached: 1511717802140.png (1679x1128, 3.66M)

Probably true, but it's also just the case that Romans and Chinese were quite above-average in their autistic recording of history.

No shit. It's almost as if that's biology.
But what constitutes "masculine" and "feminine" are somewhat variable. Secondly, there's tons of physical characteristics and phenotypes which have nohting to do with these, or are indicators of wealth/health, and these are the things which vary a ton between cultures. I think that's worth talking about.
And things like "pure" and "successful" are not indicators of hotness, but rather fitness to be a partner with. In societies with different social structures (like say, duolocality or even visiting marriage matrilocality), these aren't important. And in most societies there's other things too of this vein, like ability to perform the typical duties of a nuclear family, or kindness.

>mix of asian and white

Tatar.
youtu.be/lwUQlkAUQDI
That chair when you will never have a rich Russian gf who likes to roleplay like she's poor but it's okay because she doesn't speak English native so you never quite make that connection between her and those awful hideous New York faggots who do the same exact thing, down to making HQ expensive rap vids which no geniune nukk nukk could ever pay for.

You sound like a catastrophic retard

Smarter than you, Achmed.

Attached: fitting in.jpg (645x588, 57K)

Attached: 78686.png (1193x1201, 927K)

The chinese didn't have dealings with indo aryans though.
It were the turkics they called red haired barbarians.

I suppose this is the right time to ask if anyone's got that Mesoamerican tale of the guy who wanted a woman whose buttocks were many hand spans wide. I forget his name every time.

ethnic turks are like god. everywhere at every time and do not exist

Nigga mongolia/southern siberia is the ancestral homeland of the turkic peoples.
The chinese after centuries of raids and war managed to beat them causing many tribes to migrate conquer and settle in central asia and after that its history.

>Nigga mongolia/southern siberia is the ancestral homeland of the turkic peoples.

Pffffffffft.... nuthin conclusive, kid.
I will believe it when I see it. For now, I'm not sure that Turks are even real.

Han Chinese

Attached: 1509939540720.webm (1080x1874, 2.91M)

Caucasusian

Attached: 1506034988937.jpg (1280x960, 138K)

He said Indo-Iranians. And yes, the Chinese dealt with them a ton. Eastern Iranian speakers, along with Turkics, Mongolics and Tocharians were the main peoples of the Northwest that the Chinese interacted with. Sogdians were East Iranics, and extremely important to China.

Generally they describe these "Hu" type barbarians as "high nose and deep eyes", with beards, and sometimes (but not the majority) had Red hair. This probably refers to Tocharians and Iranic peoples, not turks.

Attached: 346346.jpg (2400x3601, 913K)

Korean

Attached: 4574599.jpg (1000x1500, 401K)

ITT: OP posts attractive, modern women from various countries.

Not complaining, but it's not really Veeky Forums.

hvad de fokk
she knows she is being filmed yes?

>that arm hair

DIAMONS

Its ethnic studies

Most of the pictures posted would be considered attractive in the modern west, and generally adhere to those standards (who would have thought, those standards are global now). The OP was asking about standards of beauty in different cultures, not about whether women of different ethnicities look attractive to us.

Nothing wrong with qtposting, but it'd be nice to talk about the Veeky Forums part too.

Attached: 34d0a3dbf657eacdd1131d7c3206a070.jpg (1254x2048, 1.01M)

This has got to be the worst thread on Veeky Forums right now

This is a creepshot isn’t it...

1000% plastic

>But what constitutes "masculine" and "feminine" are somewhat variable.
Masculinity varies culture to culture too.

For example in Japanese culture, masculinity focuses on silent but reliable males while Western culture focuses on big dicks and muscles.

I'm pretty sure this has been the standard for attractive Chinese physical features for thousands of years. Pale white skin and shiny black hair with a pretty face.

The hair and dressings are more Westernized tho unfortunately. The cultural revolution did fuck China good.

> Masculinity varies culture to culture too.
Yeah, that's what I said: both "masculine" and "feminine" are variable. In the West (and East Asia), being emotional is only for women, but for me (from Iran), as well as in places like Turkey, men tend to be very hot-tempered, and also showing emotions like anger, love, sadness more freely, and are much more sensitive (it's a bad thing many times - guys will get overly emotional from getting rejected, etc.). This is actually seen as the "manly" way to act.

We are also very passive-agressive (Westerners to me, are extremely tactless and aggressive people), and have a system called "ashti" - basically giving someone the cold shoulder to encourage them to apologize and make up.

Her skin is not pale at all, and her makeup is extremely western in style, nothing traditional looking about that. And things like hairstyle or mannerisms are actually a big component of beauty standards.
Also just saying "pretty face" is a little vague. Different facial features are valued in different areas/times. From what I've seen of Chinese actresses or paintings, her face isn't really what's considered ideal (in modern China), even if it's a very typical look. What facial features are valued are very interesting, and tell you a lot about history. I don't know about China, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, almond-shaped eyes and fair, moon-faces became the ideal for Iran and Baghdad in the Middle Ages, due to Turks being so prominent, and also the later Mongol invasions.

im not is other guy

Big tiddies

Pale skin

What is the point of this post? Are you implying that this was the norm for every culture? One specific one? It's certainly not a response to the OP.

Wow, you sound really intelligent. Did you graduate from the Sorebumme?
:^)

They aren't genetically it's a linguistic/cultural thing and the term Turkic is generally used by outsiders you have racially mixed steppe empire ruled over by one royal ethnic group. One of them starts a rebellion and the rest join in. If they didn't have a common language before they have one now and they become more democratic and decentralized and spread their language and culture to other steppe nomads or even the odd disfranchised population who helps them during a conquest.

>the sorceresses made fun of him
>so he had sex with them
I forget his name too sorry bruh.

>this entire fucking thread
>just thotposting
tell me how you're any better than /b/

Veeky Forums has a few good threads and posters, but the majority of it is going to be shit, just like anywhere else.

t. Homosexual

A clear example of the masculine standard in the west. Interesting.

Argentinian, so yeah. Most likely Spanish and Italian genes

>what has been historically the perception of beauty across the world?

I’d say that it has been pretty much constant throughout history, as it’s rooted in a bazillion years of instinctual evolution; ugly is ugly no matter which culture or historical period we’re talking about.

Attached: Lena-and-Rosie-Pula.jpg (2000x1333, 1.73M)

Yes the most important parts (symmetry, lack of blemishes, health, etc.) are very universal. But there are many traits and aspects to appearance which are unrelated to biological fitness (like say, hair color, or certain facial features). All cultures show preferences and standards towards these traits as well.

Usually they will favor traits found in their own native population (but sometimes not), but even then, what traits exactly, are fairly variable. It doesn't mean that they won't find other traits attractive, but they might consider them not "classically beautiful" or "exotic" or whatever.

Being legitimately ugly is yes, a universal thing (like, having hair that's damaged or falling out - there's not a single culture which would not call this ugly). But there's pretty clear examples of things like long noses or bushy eyebrows (or even unibrows) being the beauty standard in some cultures, while in the modern west these are considered ugly.

>But there's pretty clear examples of things like long noses or bushy eyebrows (or even unibrows) being the beauty standard in some cultures, while in the modern west these are considered ugly.

I wouldn’t call those cultural norms but simply temporary fashion trends.

Attached: Funny-Hair-Japanese-Elvis.jpg (500x628, 150K)

There's a fine line, and I agree that the unibrow is probably a fashion trend. But regarding things like what facial features are valued, what skin tone (usually fair but often there's little or no preference), what body type exactly, etc., I think these are don't count as "fashion", especially if the culture sees them as some sort of "beauty ideal" (i.e. "this is what a man must look like, otherwise he's unmanly") instead of "a fashion in court". The latter also tends to be more fleeting and usually acknowledged by the culture in question, as artificial.

It's a bit of semantics though, I agree. But reducing everything to the biological universals is a little boring and doesn't say much. Whether you want to call it cultural norms or fashion, it's fascinating how different cultures see these things.

Humans instinctually prefer to be around those who are most like them (Note: there is nothing strange or “racist” about this) but despite this, all humans regardless of ethnicity can agree that a European fashion model is more attractive then an Abo.

Attached: Jamie-Gunns.jpg (1200x1500, 150K)

dont give them ideas man we are already pretty cucked as it is

>implying
Explain interracial dating rates it's mostly white men being most desirable and Asian women being most desirable

here we go

>Humans instinctually prefer to be around those who are most like them
Yeah, which is why I said " they will favor traits found in their own native population". It's a natural thing. But it's by no means universal either. Let's say only 5% of people in a population possess a trait, but it gets associated with nobility so it becomes a standard of beauty. If another population has this trait, they'll be seen as more attractive than the original population, by the original population.

And no, the preference for specifically European features is a socialized trait, it was by no means universal, historically or really even in modern times, looking at less westernized areas. But I 100% agree that an Abo would be unattractive in all cultures - don't know what you mean by "despite this" - it actually agrees with what's been said - Abos don't look like modern humans so we think they are ugly.

An interesting thing would be to see if Abos consider each other ugly.

>beauty is subjecti-

Attached: 1408404780871.jpg (2836x2000, 1.13M)

> Explain interracial dating rates it's mostly white men being most desirable and Asian women being most desirable

Part of it is modern day global interconnectedness, where Western ideas of beauty are promoted by corporations but there’s no denying that Asian girls are more younger and child-like in appearance that sets-off a male’s normal instinct to breed with them, while European males are usually larger and stronger and not being mud-colored, are more attractive to females across the globe.

Attached: asian-girl-nice-hair.jpg (500x748, 68K)

> And no, the preference for specifically European features is a socialized trait, it was by no means universal, historically or really even in modern times, looking at less westernized areas.

I’ll agree that on first contact, Asians thought Europeans were strange looking but ugly is still ugly and a Chinese guy back in the day would have takem a European super model over some ugly Chinese girl.

Attached: ugly chinese girl.jpg (577x637, 54K)

uhhh off the top of my head you may wanna look at some of the writings of juvenal?
If i remember he was contemporarily writing in the roman empire about the sexual acts women were performing, dude talked about how popular titjobs and anal were. Dunno if that will help at all, but it gives you a rare enough "contemporary" look at what people were finding sexy?

>European super model over some ugly Chinese girl.
Well yeah. As said already, foreign features don't necessarily make people unattractive. An attractive foreigner will usually be called "exotic" or noted for their foreign features. Each person values different things, so maybe some Chinese guys would even prefer foreign women (as in Tang, they did find Sogdian/Tocarian women very popular concubines), and some might prefer a Chinese woman. But as you mention, if the comparison is between an ugly woman and an attractive one (in terms of universals), then it's a no-brainer.

Things like "beauty standards" refer to the things which are not universal.

White men are not desired because of their light skin alone, it's more the association with a more successful, prestigious and media-dominating culture. Being taller and larger probably helps too.

Why are white people universally considered beautiful tho?

They weren't. They are near-universally, now, because of globalization.

Give example of mexican? please?

>beauty thread on Veeky Forums
>no Simonetta Vespucci

REEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 220px-Primavera_04.jpg (220x297, 26K)

Attached: h2594.jpg (700x525, 214K)

Attached: poster-simonetta-vespucci-309570.jpg (375x500, 117K)

Attached: 82cd7b62afdccb4e7feeb35ff2aa03e7.jpg (400x500, 62K)

Attached: 91e2150a-ec54-49bc-9ba5-c0c8a5227546_large.jpg (1280x841, 258K)