Im thinking of replacing of replacing bench with dips for a good couple of months because im bored

Im thinking of replacing of replacing bench with dips for a good couple of months because im bored.
Anyone try this? Did you get nice results (bench going up, good chest, etc)? What method of progression did you use?

Do you do incline dumbells presses and cable flies (all angles) ?
Because they're much better to build an aesthetic chest

Fucking hell boyo, just try it and see how you like it, micromanaging all this bullshit helps little to none.

And what "progression scheme" you use entirely depends on your trainability as well as personal preference.

izlee izlee izlee

I mostly care about strength desu. The only chest thing ive been doing for a while is bench.

Bump

Most people don't do well with dips as a main movement just because they can be really rough on the shoulder when loaded heavy. Generally you'd get better bench carryover from using a bench variant (which one depends largely on what you suck at with benching).

Also when you first come back to benching you'll probably have lost some numbers just due to being rusty. They'll come back fast but don't be surprised if the initial sessions suck.

How about pause or slow reps? Incline is a good way to mix things up aswell.

Bump

fuck off luke

U NBR LERN
MEYT

The only people who can't dip normally without pain are just genetically inferior. OP don't listen to this joker

If all you've done is bench then dips are going to humble and destroy you unless you leave your ego at the door. Having said that you torso WILL EXPLODE if dips are your primary chest exercise. You won't get super aesthetic pecs but you'll get big. I did 2 years of bench and 1 year of dips, dips made me much bigger than bench ever did, bigger everything between the stomach and neck in a way that bench just doesn't.

I mean i used to have them as an accessory, but ive just been focusing on bench for a while.

Those fuckers snap my sternum up 10 ways from Sunday every time

Then swap out your bench sets for dip sets, come back in 6 months

>meme’d
>memeed

If you are on Veeky Forums you are probably genetically inferior. OP should definitely listen to that joker

Dips are tricky AF. It's about learning what to keep tight and what to keep loose, what to push with and what not to push with. They are hard, took me maybe 8 months to figure out the form

>dip swap for boredom
Clean and strict press for unnecessarily high volume
You'll never get bored because if you fuck up you die

Going on benchless nearly 2 yrs btw, and two years close grip before that

Those dont look fun desu

Im also doing btb dl instead of conventional for a while too :)
Will do zercher dl when i get sleeves

The only real solution is to replace barbell with dumbbell.... OR ... a machine similar to MED-X which squeezes pecs.... perhaps Hammer Strength, or Cybex.... But... keep working chest.