Want to start Keto diet. Have a lot of fat to lose. About 100lbs...

Want to start Keto diet. Have a lot of fat to lose. About 100lbs. Don't want to do that fancy shit like fat bombs and powders. Basic as possible. Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/
keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

here's your shopping list.

bacon
eggs
deli meat (turkey breast/ham)
cheese (block of cheddar, string cheese, babybel, whatever works for you)
veggies (carrots/broccoli/cauliflower)
ranch
meat (chicken thighs, 80/20 ground beef, salmon, whatever your heart desires)
nuts (look up carb counts, don't stuff your face)

I personally supplement with protein powder and bars, makes it a lot cheaper.

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Bear in mind that this can be a decently expensive diet to follow - I do 95% of my grocery shopping at costco, which keeps the bill reasonable.

10 lbs of 73% ground beef is ~$20 at Walmart. That's around a week's worth of 2000 kcal days.

Cut the bacon, it's absolutely shit-tier for your health

Not sure I'd trust $2/lb grey meat from Walmart. I'm not saying eating keto is going to break the bank, but I spend about $200 a month eating 2500 calories a day (375 calories/dollar). Compare that to this list: efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/

You'll notice the most efficient (cheapest) foods are carb heavy.

[Citation needed]

All of my blood markers (LDL, HDL, trigs, cholesterol, even test) have improved drastically since I started eating keto.

I was talking about bacon not keto

I thought that fat was necessary for the diet?
I'm not worried about budget, just wanna stop being a fat fuck. You're right about the cheapest = carby

If he's not memeing about saturated fat being bad for you (it's not), he could be referring to nitrates, on which the jury is effectively out (veggies provide around 80% of our nitrate intake).

There's plenty of fat in everything else on that list if you're eating enough of it, removing bacon on its own isn't going to ruin a keto diet for you.
It's full of vast amounts of figurative shit because of how a pigs digestive system works.

Why not use exogenous ketones during transition phase? The sickness is really shitty no reason to suffer

You can quite easily avoid keto flu by fasting for 24-48 hours and breaking it with some bone broth/other salt bolus. Only time I got keto flu was when I was just starting and didn't know the above.

He was obviously implying that he eats bacon. I also eat bacon and am healthier than I ever have been.

Stop eating. drink water and nothing else.

problem solved, see you in 2 weeks.

That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.
Dude don't be a dick

Do you eat just any ol' bacon or are you particular-like no nitrates and sugars?

Definitely avoid added sugars/flavors, shouldn't need them. Try to look out for good fat marbling, and a higher proportion of meat to fat (avoid cheap crap like Bar-S).

Thank you I appreciate the info. I was a vegan for a long time and that's how I gained a ton of weight weirdly enough so I'm kinda a novice with picking meats.

Wait what? What is this keto-flu? Never heard of it. Does it come before or after you start ketodiet?

as someone who just started keto
this
I've been getting hambuger patties, put some cheese on it and bacon. Shit's fucking delish.
Personally I go with broccoli, lowest out of them all.
Cheese sticks are good too, wrap the deli meat around them for a snack/light meal.
Pork Rinds too.
Also start drinking water. I cut pretty much everything else out in terms of liquid.

Fat bombs are dead simple, user. Fat + Flavor + texture. It's basically a madlib for macros.

Ignore the carrots on this list, they are carbs in phallic orange form. Most everything else you still need to count the carbs in them, since they all have carbs in them (except the unprocessed meat).

Ignore this retard completely.

Immediately after, basically your body saying "dude where's the carbs lmao", mine lasted like 3 days when I did it, it sucks but I've had worse colds at points but like user said no reason to lose a few days of good workouts

I don't give white girls much props but her body is AWESOME.

nigger
kys

1) get a food scale
2) look up foods on a site like fatsecret and calculate your cals for two weeks
3) check out keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
4) for the first three days, just fuck all carbs but don't track calories. You want to end up consuming 6 tablespoons of oil over the day (butter/clarified butter/ghee, olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil pills are all easy). You need over 1:1 fat to protein (in grams) to push through it.
After the first three days or so, might be up to a week, you can start the usual regimen:
5) take potassium and magnesium (separate supplements don't get combos)
6) drink lemon water
7) be careful listing to "add salt" people if you have high blood pressure and you're salt-sensitive. At your weight you may even want to have a blood sugar meter and a blood pressure meter. Sodium is important but if you're eating red meat you can easily get enough salt without trying. You may need to add some if you're peeing clear in a week, but it may also mean you're just consuming too much water.
8) low-intensity walk at least 45 minutes EVERY DAY. Low intensity. Low intensity. You can take one day off if you get sore, but no more than one day.
9) Get those salad bags, like baby kale with spinach or some kind of mixed greens (or both). Eat a full bag every day. It helps to have a salad chopper, it's very hard to eat this many leaves otherwise. Mix in about 1 oz of cheese in it because the calcium in your gut helps avoid green veggie problems with your kidneys. I make tuna salad (tuna, celery, onion, garlic, mayo) and put this on the salad.
10) One of your meals, either breakfast or lunch, should include some lightly cooked (frozen veggies boiled for 7 minutes, or roasted veggies) vegetables with olive oil dressing: brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, okra, or 1/2 an uncooked avocado. Along with (9) this will get you around 7-10 cups of good veggies. You almost certainly have a fatty liver and this helps.

Fat bombs are empty calories and stupid for people losing weight.

People get a certain kind of unhealthy, and being unhealthy in that way makes them fat. They'll lose weight if they just get healthy. Fat bombs and bulletproof coffee and other shit is stupid as fuck. And transfers the unhealthy habits from their previous lifestyle into keto.

>white girl
>awesome body
No shit

Don't start.

>Fat bombs are empty calories

Stopped right there. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Just eat food bro.

Have fun with 0 caretenoids
You don't need to count the carbs in green veggies because your body can't digest them even half as quick enough to bringyou out of ketosis.
You still need your carbs and micros

i never understand how someone ads protein powder to a ketogenic diet. excess protein is metabolized to carbs. it is a high fat, low to medium protein, low carb diet. to much protein will kick you out of ketosis

I add it because I don't eat a ton of meat. About every other day I have chia seed+peanut butter+coconut milk+pea protein "chocolate" shake for breakfast.

I find it quite difficult to hit both fat and protein targets regularly because of satiation.

A diet high in fat and with very little carbs is the most simple and most effective way to lose weight BUT you have to lift. You can do cardio also... I guess, but I don't really see how much cardio someone with 100 extra lbs can do LOL. Lifting is much more accessible to fat people and it also increases testosterone which also helps with losing weight.

I really think there is a lot to be said about the ineffectiveness of cardio in losing large amounts of weight. I mean how much can an obese person run without passing out or breaking their knees? 5 minutes?

fatties just need to walk and lift weights

cardio is pointlessly stressful to fatties' bodies as is going for gainz

>carrots
wew

>Dude don't be a dick
He's not. If you're fat, stop eating.

>didn't have the willpower to lose weight all these years
>will magically have the willpower to go on a two week fast
It's surprising someone as retarded as you can even get dressed in the morning.

don't eat fucking butter and bacon like these fat fuck "keto cheferino" youtubers and shit do.

eat lean meat, protein as the staple of your diet and walk on as much of an incline as possible.

look up your bmr and cut that by 1000 and if you're hungry throughout the day then fast you pussy

keep doing for 120 days and report back

also, every 15 lbs you lose up the cardio by 15 mins

It's surprisingly easy once you're in ketosis.

How to get into ketosis fast. Stop eating one night at about 5p. Go for a long walk in the morning. At least an hour.

There you go.

>have to deplete liver glycogen stores
>learn this one weird trick nutritionists HATE

You can only deplete your glycogen stores to about 50% before your body starts making glucose from fat (40 pathways to do that and make up to 300g/day).

The point is to get the ketones and FFAs up to blunt the appetite a little, not breathe and piss acetone like someone in a diabetic crisis.

After the first 3 days you won't even notice. Get your electrolytes and vitamins. It's going to fix you in the long term by resetting your hormones. It's important, especially since you're lacking willpower.