Is there like a.... step-by-step tutorial of what to do at the gym? A video perhaps?

Is there like a.... step-by-step tutorial of what to do at the gym? A video perhaps?

I'm scared of signing up to the gym and feeling lost in there. Like do I start doing weights straight away or something? What if a big nigga is there?

Do you have any friends, or relatives that go to the gym?

It doesn't matter what you do so long as you remember to tip the gym receptionist.

Only 1. He's a work colleague and I admire him (no-homo).

His advice to put it simply was, just go sign up, stop making excuses. Fair enough. But I don't to go gym, feel overwhelmed, turn 360 and walk out

start with the machines and then when you're more comfortable you can move over to the free weights. The machines usually have a small tutorial at the side that show you how to use it. There is also plenty of youtube videos available to watch.

Dont Sweat it, the people there are too busy with themselves to even Think about you..

Just go in, go change in locker room, go for a run for 5-10 min on threadmill or Whatever, then do what you feel like :D chill and have fun

dont go straight for the weights user. for the first few weeks id recommend some cardio and using the machines.
just observe the others and read up online about programs, exercises etc and if you're comfortable try the free weights.
id recommend a simple full body routine for the beginning

gl user

Yes there is. Its called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe

get a coach?
don't go for the weights right away stretch a lot.

Listen up you little nigger.
There’s no shortcut. The iron church is a sacred place and you have to go through the trial by iron to deserve its benefits. Man the fuck up, put on some gym gear. Take a water bottle. Pick a workout and when you go ask an instructor to show you how to safety do the exercises. Like anything new it’s scary at first but you’ll get used to it.

bitch lasagna

>Is there like a.... step-by-step tutorial of what to do at the gym?

the answer depends exactly on how many times a week you go.

But essentially you do your 'core'/primary lifts first, then supplementary lifts, then you do cardio, then you get some water, then you hit the steamrooms, then you drink the coconut body wash (it tastes like real coconuts).

Jesus christ this board is autistic.

Sage

Why don't you find a program you want to do, like SS or PHUL or whatever, then book a couple personal trainer lessons. Tell them what you want to do and get them to show you the correct form for all the movements.

After 3-4 lessons, you'll be golden. But don't be afraid to just ask a strong looking bro for form tips or a spot, in my experience everybody's happy to help.

Or ask your colleague to go with you.

Good luck!

I'll probably never go to a gym even running outside makes me feel self conscious. How fit can I get with bodyweight and cardio?

nibba just do bodyweight
gyms are full of sweaty ass homos

this

>tfw 5'7 chubby 16 year old
>aunt always made me go to gym with her
>beefy msg muffin eating asian chad always gave me 5 and and taught me to lift.
>22 6'3 strongboi i wish i could see my asian gym dad again :'(

gym bros are really nice just ask one for some tips. theyre always happy to help

There's probably people working at the gym tha can help you out.
Show you exercises, how machines work, that kind of stuff. Just ask them if they don't come up to you've straight away.

Gym owners and employees have all the interest in making you understand how things work, they want you to be as comfortable as possible, if you quit after one month it's less income for them. They'll be eager to help.
Hell, they'll probably even throw down a basic 3 days split for you, which I highly suggest you do for a couple months, just to get used to going to the gym regularly, and to the sensation and experience of lifting weights.
After that, you can jump on any novice program you like

Even if you somehow miraculously manage to get a decent body with a dumbass bodyweight routine, you're still not going to be able to get a gf because you are too much of a chicken shit to fix your mental issues.
So go to the gym.

First, if you haven't already, go read the sticky. Pick a program. Look up the exercises on bodybuilding dot com's exercise list; they have short (under a minute) videos that explain the bare basics of each exercise. Just go through your program, consulting those short videos when you're not sure of an exercise.

If you're absolutely paralysed with fear, spend a week or two going as often as possible and just using cardio equipment. Nobody will really bother you, and you'll feel more comfortable in the gym once you've spent a few days just in the corner working out. Plus with cardio it's pretty tough to do something wrong.

I don't want a girlfriend to be honest. Getting other people involved in your life just complicates things and increases obligations I don't want. I am perfectly happy going to work and coming back to my apartment where I live alone and watching anime. I am just worried about my health and want to get fitter with minimal social interaction.

>turn 360
Math isn't your strong suite eh?

Oh. My. God. You newfag, you fell for one of the most classic bamboozles in all or Veeky Forums history! He simply pretended to not know it's 180° to bait newfags like you, and you walked right into his elaborate trap!
Heh, seems like you need to lurk more, if you want to browse this webzone without making a complete fool of yourself.

newfag

double bait idiot

Triple bait. Baited so hard faggit

How long do you lift weights for?
I have this schedule for PPL and I feel like I get done way to soon and I should be doing way more but I don't know?

should I double the volume on lifting? (the time stuff on the middle column is cardio shit so ignore that)

>thought he was the one baiting
>actually fell for the ol' post post ironic double bait

not to offend you OP but I don't understand how people make the starting process so convoluted
when I started, I figured I wanted to go to the gym three days a week, so I look up a three day split, screenshotted the individual days on my phone, and went to the gym. whenever it was time to do a new exercise that I didn't know how to do or I was unsure of my form on, I just looked it up on my phone as well

ultra gay bait pretending newfag, kys yourself asap

Step 1: pick up weight
Step 2: put it down
Step 3: repeat
Step 4: fuck bitches

>browse this webzone
>classic banboozles

Hilarious

Quadruple'd. You faggots couldn't even fathom reaching this level of irony.

18 and over to post here. GTFO, Caleb.

If you have machines at the gym it's incredibly hard to mess up unless you're a star-A retard
>machines
Fuck off to the sticky then