Isn't it cheaper to buy 2-3 core gym gadgetry and lift at home?

Isn't it cheaper to buy 2-3 core gym gadgetry and lift at home?

yes

Barbell and 150 kgs + rack and dumbbells will be fairly expensive.
For cheaper and probably not as good workout, get some ceiling fixtures and gym rings and a sturdy chair. 50 dollar home gym

Yes. I bought myself power rack olympic barbell bench dip bar attachment and enough weights to fit 5 pl8 on the bar for a price of like 2 years gym membership.

Of course. But more people tend to have 20-40$ a month than 1k (meh-tier rogue set) to 6.5k (actual mirable homegym) upfront, even if it evens out pretty soon all things considered.

You won't do it. NOBODY will do it. People buy shit all the time to 'work out at home', and it ends up sitting in a corner collecting dust, being used to hang clothes on, then a year later it gets sold at a garage sale or on Craigslist for a fraction of the new price; go check CL yourself, you see shit being sold all the time, in 'like new condition'. GO TO THE GYM. You're there, you have a task to complete, you do it and go home. If you stay at home you get distracted by the TV, the internet, your family, or whatever shit you get distracted by. Or you say 'I have a home gym, I can work out whenever I want, I'll just do XYZ real quick then start my workout', then 3 hours later you've totally forgotten, don't have time, and say 'Oh, I'll do it tomorrow' and you NEVER DO.

JUST GO TO THE GODDAMNED GYM AND LIFT. Shouldn't cost you more than $10 a month if you shop around.

I'm thinking of getting some things for my home because my nearest gym is like 30min car ride from my home and if I add up gasoline + membership it looks like it's cheaper to work out home

And you save a ton of time.

Only in the really long term. You can get the core items, and it might only cost you equivelant of 2-3 years membership. But you don't get everything the gym has, all the machines that you could want, as well as the extra facilities your gym has. Home gym is taking up space that could be used for something else, you have to clean and maintain it, and if your gym membership works for multiple branches it might be more convenient to get a gym membership. And some people aren't thinking about super long term. I don't expect to be living in the same place I do now in a few months, let alone a few years. I don't have anyway to move gear if I bought it, so a gym membership is better across the board, even money wise.

>t. weak willed low t dyel
t. Home gym master race

If you can't find motivation to lift at home, or in your backyard you're sure as hell not going to find motivation to go somewhere much further away to complete the same task

Rubbish. I lifted weights at home 5 days a week, for 9 years. So people do do it.

However, I will agree that a gym is far superior. The atmosphere and the equipment will simply not be matched at home. Joined a gym last year and wouldn't go back to lifting at home now.

This is wrong. I bought a squat rack, bench, a bar and 250 of shit vinyl weights for 60 fucking dollars 3 years ago.I roll out of bed, put on WHATEVER MUSIC I WANT at WHATEVER VOLUME I WANT, workout yelling and screaming with my shirt off while shitposting on Veeky Forums cause my computer is like 10 feet away. Its total bliss. Gymcucks will never know this kind of ecstasy.

The amount of time I save alone is absolutely massive.

This is not about buying a treadmill and three sets dumbbells off amazon and calling it a day. You dont just build an actual homegym and forget about it. The do xyz thing first then lift later will not happen if you are dedicated enough to spend hard earned bux on good gear and have to quite literally renovate a room in your house for it.

That in mind, some people are just lazy cunts and nothing will get them off their ass anyway.

its way cheaper. Plus you get to act like a retard while lifting. And the thrill of not having a spotter when doing 3pl8 bench pumps so much adrenaline that you're actually able to do 3pl8 bench

I've always exercised at home or on the street/in parks and never had any issues with motivation. If anything having to go through the effort of travelling to gym would be the problem for me in terms of motivation. It might help that I don't have much of a life to distract me though/

>tfw homegym master race
>tfw still have to deal with assholes that dont put away the weights REEEEEE

Gym is more for if you dont have space. 99% of Veeky Forums could reach their goals with a door mounted chin up bar and a resistance band that you step on. If you are roiding and want to bench 500lbs, yes you need to go to a gym.

Get the fuck out of here. I got a quality squat cage, bench, bar, weights and dumbbells for under $500 by getting used.

>And the thrill of not having a spotter when doing 3pl8 bench pumps so much adrenaline that you're actually able to do 3pl8 bench

Well that's just silly. Cages have safety bars for a reason.

It is in my country. Cheapest gym membership costs around 40 bucks a month.

The problem will be space, not $$$
If you have the space, go for it, for less than 500$ you can do everything, and you save a lot time if you work out every day

Source: I'm fucking jacked from my home gym

Its a excuse to get out of the house, chat it up with some tight housewife, fantasize fucking her in the parking lot.
Also i wouldn work out in my house unless i owned a good power rack.

I go to gym for the mires

>hen a year later it gets sold at a garage sale or on Craigslist for a fraction of the new price
I fucking wish. 95% of the listings for weights and equipment are being sold at like 80-90% of their new prices and most of the stuff isn't even high quality.

I definitely would if I had the space.

what's the name of the guy in the gif? he's pretty cute

I the long run yeah. For me the gym is one of the only things that gets me out of the house though

What kind of routine to get a Rich Evans body?

I built a home gym and use it all the time. I'm actually expanding it now that i've cleaned the garage out some more.
It saves time, it's nice to be able to scream without bothering people, and if i feel like lifting at a weird hour i can.
It really doesn't cost that much either. Cage, bench, bar, weights were about $600 total with free shipping.

Exactly my experience. Most people seem to hopessly cling to this stuff or give it away to people they know.

that assumes you have extra space in your home. if you live in an apartment or other small dwelling, the cost of rent for an extra bedroom > gym fee

I've bought adjustable dumbbells and use them all the time. Yeah I'm still a skinnyfat weakfag but I'm progressing.

all you need is an oly barbell, some oly weights, a bench and a rack. You can get all that shit online for $500-$600 if you're thrifty.

This is extremely true, and all the low test dick loving soy boys home gym fags replying to him and getting all triggered just confirms this theory. Just go to a real gym you autismos, you can always come home to shower if what scares you is let the world knows about your micro peepee

Underrated post