Marriage&Life

I want to hear your honest unbiased not retarded opinion.

Do you guys want to get married?
Do you think finding a partner worth of marriage is easier nowdays?
Is marriage even worth it?

Ultimately everything we do as human is to find a mate and build a family but for me it feels like finding a good wife material is impossible.

I'm not opposed to raising kids and spending the rest of my days with one girl, but i'm not signing a marriage certificate that will allow her to financially eviscerate me in court

>Ultimately everything we do as human is to find a mate and build a family
there are other ways to leave a legacy beside your dna which will be replaced in 7+ generations

I very much want to get married anf have children. After my party phase of life when I reached about 23 I longed to have a nice wife and kids with a house of my own.
My first serious gf cheated on me with like 3 guys and that eventually ended but I was young. Some years later in my mid 20s I met a very nice girl. We moved in together after about a year and within 3 months of living together she told me she had a child. I fell to pieces, broke down crying like a bitch. Because I was so excited about a new lifeI was going to share with someone, and I was looking forward to marriage and kids etc.

So decent women are quite hard to find now and probably the older you get the rarer they are. When you meet a girl just be cautious, ask all the questions and don't dive right in not only in terms of moving in etc. But your own expecations and hopes of the relationship.

Been there, done that. Fuck my life, it's not worth it, user.

Yes, as I get older the idea of having kids seems more and more natural and ideal. And no, it's not easier to find a good wife nowadays. Sluts are good for casual banging but I'm not marrying one and there seem to be a lot of them now.

Sage because this isn't Veeky Forums related, take it to /b/, /r9k/ or find a MGTOW thread on /pol/.

>Do you guys want to get married?
>Do you think finding a partner worth of marriage is easier nowdays?
>Is marriage even worth it?
No to all of those.
Best option for a man is to become the kind of guy who women approach (or at least make themselves easy to approach) and just be a player until you want to have kids.

Of course if you're ugly like so many of us are, you might have to opt for the LTR option for the first thing that pays attention to you. Not that I think it's worth it.

There's contracts you can sign so she can't take all your shit.

It's called common law marriage user.

if there are kids involved, which is the only reason to marry, then they get chucked senpai

Yes, I gladly would.

No, the exact opposite.

Sadly no.
The way the current legal system works and the way woman behave/act, you could consider marrige in todays age to be suicide without the death part.

Which are not worth the paper they are printed on.

yes
yes. people usually believe in the fary tale that you'll find the perfect person for you, that is a lie, but you can find someone nice that will treat you well and respect you enough so you can live a decent life while building a family
no, not at all, if i didn't wanted to have kids i would never mary

living life is already hard on my own, imagine trying to live life while being with someone for real, shit must be miserable unless you find someone really chill and comprehensible

I would never betray or cheat on someone, never have in my life and never will. Id be a fucking disappointment to myself if I did.
With that In mind I think you realize that finding someone who wont do that is pretty much impossible. Obviously theres geniune people on this planet, but in this society I wont crawl through a billion relationships just in hopes to land with someone trustworthy.

I really would love to find someone but I don't think I'll ever find that person. My current gf is a wreck and the only way to keep her is with stupid head games, at first I really thought she loved "me" but she starting to act like all the rest and k can tell if I slip up and seem weak she'll be off. It's really depressing me man, I've never with been a girl who wasn't like this in the end.

The ONLY rational reasoning left is that I want to get married because I want to have kids and I want them to have a stable home and a mother who can provide a good example as to what it means to be a woman, a mother and a wife.

It is increasingly difficult due to legal and social trends to achieve this. Women can and will leave the marriage at any point , for any reason and justify it to themselves that it was okay to rip their family apart and scar their children because they wanted different cock. I've seen it happen time and time again.

Yea man, I'm married, have a kid, life is great. She loves and supports me in my fitness, if I gave up on the gym she'd love me, if I pick up a new macro ratio she'll cook it. Lost gains the first few months with my daughter, but once the schedule leveled out everything was back to normal. We both have BA degrees (we are both going back for Masters in a couple years) and make decent money for a very comfy life in southern California. She was my everything, and now she shares that with my daughter. Nothing feels better than a family cuddle in the morning.

Brainlets confirmed.
It varies greatly by state the extent to which premarital agreements are enforced and what they can contain.
W/r/t kids the biggest thing is that the contract can't adversely affect the rights of the children, e.g in some states less child support than statutorily required.

In most states common law marriage is very similar to statutory marriage in terms of premarital contracts.

t. Family law fag

I think that as long as you live relationships in a way where you would feel hard grief when it ends you cannot have a lasting one.
I think the key to a long, lasting relationship is to treat it as something that is a nice addon to your life, but not more.
Where you would feel a little sad when it ends but not more more than a few days and also not to the point where you would call it grief.

I seriously think that's the best way to avoid things like jealousy and related feelings, which often destroy relationships.

but its hard dude.

but how can you really love someone and not feeling jelousy?

That's just fear getting the better of you, so you're distancing yourself from your partner (which they can sense) and will ultimately drive a wedge between you that eventually WILL drive you apart. You're so afraid of being hurt that you end up hurting yourself. The only way through is to find the unicorn, the diamond in the rough kind and considerate girl who'll let you know in your heart of hearts that she's the one and only for you. If you keep fucking with thots, you'll keep getting fucked. It's simple as that.

My parents are getting separated, after 32 years of marriage. I was never big on the idea of marriage but seeing this shit unfold is really cementing my views. People are weak, and this union between men and women was never meant to work. I'll die alone.

The same way you can disagree with a political opinion without being angry at the other person for having it: don't insist, internally, that your perfect picture for life and the world necessarily needs to be everyone elses. Then take it a step further and don't even get too attached to your opinion or perspective.

>do you want to be married
I have and am
>Do you think finding a partner is easy?
No. Not at all so many sluts. So many worthless shitty girls. OP im saying this to you now and to everyone. Look at te girls parents. If they raised her well, are they happily married themselves? Did they instill strong moral values in this girl? If yes she might be marriage material. If no, shes just another cock sleeve. No matter how good you think she is if her parents didnt make it work for them she wont make it work for you.
>is marriage worth it?
100% yes. If you find the right person. A good marriage means you never need to look put for yourself, i always make choices that are in her best intrest, and in return she always makes choices that are in mine. For a good marriage you need to drop all. And i mean all selfish motives. If both parties do that the partnership is invaluable. How stress free is my life knowing there os another human doing everything they can to make me happy. When shit goes down i always have someone to turn too. But. See above. You need to be very very very very careful and weed out the slutbag shits. Number 1 tip is always look at their parents.

Sorry for typos posting from phone.
Also been happily married for 5 years, monogomis (steady) with one another for 9.

can confirm

I think there's something wrong with my brain. I just can't figure out how to make connections with girls. All memes aside I'm starting to suspect that I may be mildly autistic. For this, and several other reasons.

So to answer your question, I strongly doubt I'll ever get married. I would have to get a girlfriend first and I haven't managed to pull that off in my 23 years on this earth.

I had a horrific marriage when I was younger. If I listed out the problems it had you might think I was trolling, it was that completely fucked. I know my marriage was an extreme example of everything that could go wrong, but years later it still colors how I act toward women and the idea of making myself open to them. I want to get married again, because I see how happy my parents, my relatives, and my friends who are married are. I want the security and comfort of a partner, and even maybe my own kids to raise. But my tolerance for someone else having any say over how I live my life is completely gone. My tolerance for even minor problems in a relationship is next to nil. I'm so vigilant I never give another woman the chance to ruin me again that I can't trust any woman, can't compromise, can't feel completely happy.

So yes, I want to, and I think it would be worth it, and believe there are good women out there. Just not for me.

yes but i have ed so no one will want me

doomed to lift the feels away for all eternity

It has nothing to do with fear and all to do with realizing that most relationships are based on insecurities and immaturities and that this is not a good base for a relationship.
They are based on each parts need of receiving affection and attention from the opposite gender.

Look - I feel like many people here would feel jealous and insecure if their partner wanted to go on vacation with a work colleague of opposite gender.
And I would too if it was one of the relationships where you try to invest a lot of time and energy into it.
Most people, especially women from our generation, don't live relationships as serious as that. They have a lot of other social activities going on. And I feel like a relationship will never last because one part will eventually lose interest in keeping something so intense up.

People have fear because you have a 90% chance of getting cucked in that situation.

Is becoming a sperm donor and casually dating the final Redpill?

No, starting your own anti-government apocalyptic cult in the mountains and impregnating the wives and daughters of your zealous followers is the ultimate Red Pill.

sup bros, i need some advice. i dated this one girl for a while and it went pretty well but for reasons she had to move away. she wanted to do long distance but i said no but we still talk everyday. shes marriage material but at the same time i have a chance to smash some other chicks. what should i do?

marriage is retarded from a financial pov but i can see why people still want to do it.

This guy speaks the truth. Married happily myself and my wife's parents are a real example to us both. Meanwhile all the shitty gfs from the past had equally shitty parents.
It's almost like there's some kind of connection between parents and children...

>Do I want to get married?
Fuck yeah, I’m young and in my prime time whore hunting stage but ultimately I want to find a nice QT at church and have a whole family

like jealousy depends on you lol. you can't control it, it's a human reaction. Natural. You can act by not let it ruin the relationship, not troubling the other person, yes

>Giving your sperm to dykes and loser cunts.
>Allowing your child to be emotionally and physically abused or be brought up to be inferior by genetic refuse
>Having a child who's only reason for being is to fill the slave pens of society

That's not a redpill.
That's evil

/thread

Your daily reminder that a prenup will not save you from being repeatedly raped in court and common law marriages dont exist in most places. There is literally no reason to get legally married

it's not 1950 gramps

Why the Fuck would anyone want to?
Im happy, free to do what the fuck I want, have a friend with benefits, still in touch with three exs that would fuck if I asked. Good job, two cars walk in the countryside when I want to, never waiting for a woman, when my parents die I'll have at least 3 million in the bank if not closer to 7.
Sister is divorced, my father had to pay him off £50,000, he also had to pay her last ex of £50,000, somthing to do with the house, she has two kids a house and car she can not afford and takes money from my parents and NEVER pays it back.
I have made two g/f have three abortions, lucky escape, not marriage but close enough.

No. Yes. Maybe.
I did miss out on one once. One. Once, like 15 years ago now. She's still perfect, but I'm still happy with my life.

lol, fuck no. Read above.

>Ultimately everything we do as human is to find a mate and build a family but for me it feels like finding a good wife material is impossible.
No it fuckin is not, humans do not and never have mated for life.
Marriage is a religious construct and somehow got written into law, you are a fuckin moron if you actually believe what you wrote there.
Fuck off and kys you idiot.

You're probably a nerd with poor sex skills.

Prenups are basically always thrown out in court these days.

Really your best options are to just never officially get married or marry a virgin.

Like all women on the planet, I just want a wedding.

You're half right. You do need to keep some amount of jealously and possessiveness otherwise she will cheat on you or leave you for someone who "treats her better"

women's obession with marriage is one of these things i'll never get

So true, I fill my unemployed day browsing internet and learning new skills and the worst is that the last BJ I got was more than 2 weeks ago and I'm not even mad...

the obsession makes sense, attention and they get free shit in the form of you paying the bills or them cashing out once the 7 year itch sets in

Congrats bro

What are you trying to prove? You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.

Dunno.
I've got a pretty miserable outlook right now.
I just broke up with a great girl because I didn't actually love her, and we've been having issues for months that made me realize she wasn't the one. I'm now wondering if there even is someone I'll ever feel that way for and if I'll ever find them.
It doesn't seem like it at the moment, and now I'm sure I'll die alone. But it's better than living a lie.

>I'm now wondering if there even is someone I'll ever feel that way for and if I'll ever find them.

No.

Is the idea that if you don't see yourself as worth reproducing you unconsciously hinder yourself from mating just a meme, or it it true. I feel like I've been doing it to myself for a while now

If you lack confidence or self respect then potential partners pick up on this and you will only end up with partners who either have worse issues or are only in it to use you.

Lol not real

I know that feel bro
You'll learn eventually

If you don’t procreate you failed at life

Do you really? Or is that just insecurity speaking out of you?
That the way most people perceive and try to live relationships can never work because it's based on insecurity, immaturity and the lack of confirmation and affection.

Married user chiming in. I'm 30 years old, married three years this Wednesday, been with her for about eight years. She will also be 30 in a few months. We met through a mutual hobby (we're both sub-elite marathoners). We're both frugal, very disciplined, and relatively (though not inordinately) successful at our chosen professions. She is an attorney at a small law firm, I'm wrapping up a PhD in behavioral neuroscience. She supported me financially though my masters so I didn't have to take out loans (this was before we were married). I'm on a stipend now but I was only able to get into a PhD program by getting my MA first. We spend and have almost always spent most of our time not working, with each other. We train together a lot, we've lived together almost six years now, we have a large circle of mutual friends.

As far as I can tell, this is not normal. Through random happenstance I stumbled onto a woman with good self-discipline, and it was a trait that was taught to her early on (her father was also a serious runner, and also an academic). I don't think you can take a woman who isn't already a good person all around and make her into a partner worth sharing your life with. A relationship can be worked on and improved, but if one or both parties isn't a good person to begin with, it's fucked. Talking to other friends both men and women, I think what I have is very atypical. I see plenty of successful people who seek someone equally successful, but when they find them they realize that person also has serious character flaws. Ironically, couples where both people are equally lacking in character seem to be content in their mutual lack of exceptionalism and are perfectly happy being mediocre together.

Women are not worth it
just fuck them and bye

I'm about to turn 35 and I hate to say but I think I'll never get married
you see, at my age women are already fucked up to a level beyond return. They are petty, dumb, futile and so so loose from years of casual sex I have no interest in sharing my roof with one.

I'm wealthy and needless to say I have no interest in sharing my networth. I came up with a plan where I find a pretty woman, 9 or 10/10 in looks, dig into her intelligence and make a contract with her where I take care of the child on my own. She would have no contact with our son ever on her life and in exchange I'd pay her a good ammount of money.

What do you think? I talked with some lawyers and they said that with some contracts and government supervision of it, she wouldn't be able to fuck me over if she changed her mind

Would you take a girl seriously after dating for a couple months, then doesn't want a relationship (with you), then comes back a few months later wanting to start over.

Im in this scenario and I just feel like Im the second option safety because something else didn't work out. The more she gets attached (as opposed to the first time) the more it bothered me and im going against my self respect/dignity

Im definitely less emotionally invested and put in less effort than before. I want to feel like when we first dated but also don't want to feel like I whatever I had going for me then wasn't enough then

Nah fuck her and move on.

>I want to feel like when we first dated but also don't want to feel like I whatever I had going for me then wasn't enough then

You can no longer have that with her. She erased that possibility. You can only capture that feeling with a new girl.

Honor before anything else. Big no to her

You are an absolute fucking autist. Kids need both a mother and a father in a stable pair bond to develop an ability to relate to other people in a way that isn’t completely screwed up. Granted being raised by a single father is magnitudes better than being raised by a single mother but it’ll still screw your head. If you can form an agreement like that it’s probably fairly easy to form one that pre-emptively grants you sole custody in the event of a divorce and gives her no access to pre-marriage money. Just don’t screw up some poor kid because you’re incapable of forming a meaningful relationship with another human being.

good luck with your trust issues

Women aren’t as calculating as a lot of the people here make them out to be. A lot of them are just dumb. They make stupid decisions on the spur of the moment that they then regret later. Chances are she left you thinking she could do better and then realised that she couldn’t. If you actually like her enough to want to be around her for an extended time I guess you can make a shot of it, but when people pull stunts like this it usually isn’t a one off. People with shitty impulse control in one area of their lives tend to have shitty impulse control across the board, and shitty impulse control tends to correlate quite closely with a bunch of other fun and exciting psychological hang ups.

No second chances, cut ties with that slag.

Thanks and I agree

i'm at a point in my life where i'm 25 and been in a 6 year relationship with the only girl ive been with. I need to get out of this small town and she's unsure if she wants to. At this point i hope she doesnt so i can live alone and go insane

sad but true

I've never felt marriage is something I have to do, something inevitable. It happens, then it happens, if not, then not.

My wife is amazing, but she is from Taiwan.

My girlfriend and I, when we can afford it and if we come to the decision on the whole matter, will have a wedding ceremony to celebrate our devotion and love for each other and just never sign a marriage license. The ceremony is what she wants and I don't mind letting her have that at least.

I am married. She wasn’t hard to find. She is amazing. We’re having a baby.

No no and no.

I'm 25 and most girls my age are used up goods. I'd sooner slit my own throat before committing my life to someone like that. Fucking slut culture.

Marriage is a trap. No one is worth such commitment. Marriage and procreation is not the ultimate goal in life, such a view is incredibly niece and held by religious conservatives only. You should get married and see how fast your life goes to shit. Then have a kid and see how much you regret it.

T. Married father user.

I'm 30 and married. Finding a partner took a while. I have an ex who I was engaged to until I realized just how deep the crazy went with her and her family. Dodged a bullet there. It's been worth it for me but it's also not magic. It's work.

Got married 2 years after high school, mostly for the bump in pay in the navy. She got her degree and I got medically retired after 5 years, it's been rough but mostly because of my health.
We don't want kids now but since all of the other married people we know are having kids we just hang out with their babies if we need a reminder.

Women are broken, it's been a slow process but it's been in escalating for almost 20 years. The overt attempt by mass media to normalize infidelity/STDs only makes the prospects of finding a sane partner more dismal.