/fast/ breakfast is unimportant edition

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

IF AND LIFTING:
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html?

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRAMkuIzp0
strawpoll.me/14278436
youtube.com/watch?v=bbJ_17y7M5c
youtube.com/watch?v=iywhaz5z0qs
bigthink.com/design-for-good/new-findings-suggest-eating-late-at-night-could-be-more-dangerous-than-you-think
amazon.co.uk/MyProtein-Electrolytes-Plus-Tablets-Pack/dp/B00L7WXKWU/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5153500/
vocaroo.com/i/s06sj9PBUnKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This way of eating changed my life

Started dropping weight and finally took my life in a better direction. Not sure why I didn't try this before even thought I've known about IF for a long time

Day 1 of my fast. Just jumped right into it. Went to lift today and I felt amazing. I'm not even hungry. My goal is 5 days.

Stop eating.

do you guys mix in pink salt with your water?

Yea, this makes weight loss easymode, and I'm hoping to reap many of the longevity benefit also. I did a 72 hour fast over the weekend, then ate with coworkers for lunch today (ate an omlette at a diner, keep it keto). I'm trying to not hurt social gains. If I can rinse and repeat with 3+ day fasts between now and thanksgiving I'll drop another 20lbs. I've done longer term fasts earlier this year (10 and 15 days) but shorter consecutive fasts are just as effective, just not quite as fast.

-50lbs, soon to be -70lbs before thanksgiving.

Yes, the salts are important for electrolytes. If you don't get salt in you you'll get headaches and your body will eventually just pass water you drink.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRAMkuIzp0

tl:dr
>1 tsp NoSalt (Potassium Chloride)
>1 tsp Pink Salt (Sodium Chloride)
>per 1 liter of water
>if you get the shits you drank too much too fast
>if you get headaches (post 48hr) drink more.
>if you sweat a lot / workout then you'll need more

>breakfast is unimportant edition

IT IS!

>Falling for the fast meme.

Congrats you’re officially retarded. Hey since you’re easily manipulated into falling for memes. I heard that eating your cum boosts gains ten times faster than gear. Not even meming. You should try it.

Fucking spooky skeleton shit

strawpoll.me/14278436
strawpoll.me/14278436
strawpoll.me/14278436
strawpoll.me/14278436

I never skip breakfast, I merely postpone it. :^)

This is what happens when you skip breakfast
youtube.com/watch?v=bbJ_17y7M5c

Fasting kicks ass. I decided to start after lunch last monday and I lost 10 lbs since then.

Not voting, but yea... I make this. I don't workout while fasting and drink about a half a liter a day. I still drink coffee tho, which Cole would rage about.

youtube.com/watch?v=iywhaz5z0qs

OMFG SHE IS BACK BEEN FUCKING WAITING FOREVER

THICCCCC

Lmbo

>tfw he said self experiment

Nice, going to listen this while I go for a walk

t. retard who cant read studies.

It's okay if you can't read bro, just go play with a drawing book whilst the big boys lose their weight faster than you.

MAKE SURE YOU DRINK SNAKE JUICE AND PISS FAT FUCK

>Breakfast get some

The study is the first of its kind to look at meal timing while controlling for sleep-wake cycles, exercise, and macronutrient intake (the intake and ratio of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats). It put 9 healthy weight adults through two separate eating schedules. For the first 8 weeks participants adhered to a daytime eating schedule between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Then, after a two-week break, which allowed them to return to their baseline, they started a second 8-week period, during which they ate between noon and 11 p.m.

The results showed that eating later, compared to the daytime schedule, led to an increase in weight, insulin, fasting glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. Higher glucose and insulin are implicated in diabetes, while higher cholesterol and triglycerides are linked with cardiovascular problems.

In addition, when participants ate earlier in the day their hormonal profile changed. Ghrelin, the hormone which stimulates appetite, peaked earlier, while leptin, the hormone which keeps you satiated, peaked later in the day. This finding suggests that eating earlier in the day may prevent overeating in the evening and at night.
bigthink.com/design-for-good/new-findings-suggest-eating-late-at-night-could-be-more-dangerous-than-you-think

I have been IF and fasting for a while now and have lost 50 pounds in a couple months and I am at 215 now. Is there anyway to help get rid of fat at an accelerated pace? I want to be at 180-190 before thanksgiving. I started my long fast yesterday and plan on going 5-10 days. Should I do any more than walking or would I put myself in danger?

Why does almost every post in this thread sound fake?

because you have never fasted fattie

This.

Fasting is the holy grail of weight loss. No matter how much "muh thyroid" or other bullshit, fasting will work, you just need motivation and self control. I couldn't believe how much weight I lost and I'd still be a fat ass if I didn't.

I've only been eating from 2pm til 10pm for the past like 2 months and I've barely lost any weight. What am I doing wrong?
Your dad's friends all secretly hate him and take the piss out of him behind his back

>I've only been eating from 2pm til 10pm for the past like 2 months and I've barely lost any weight. What am I doing wrong?
One of two things
1: You still need to be under your TDEE if you are trying to loose weight. I'd recommenced a 1000-1500 calorie deficit.
2: Just try water fasting with days of dry fasting, this is the fastest way. Best way to start is go for a long run and jog right after your last meal and a couple hours later, this burns all the energy left in your system and makes it start using fat for energy.

Why the fuck are you eating at 10pm, fatty?

cut your eating window down to 4 hours (2pm-6pm not 6pm-10pm) and get back to us in two weeks

I'm not really overweight, I just wanted to try fasting to save time with meal prep and maybe drop a few kgs from Summer. I'll give that a try, though.
I'm not eating at 10pm am I tho? I'm stopping at 10pm. Also your dad's friends just find him really annoying and desu I can't blame them

>I've only been eating from 2pm til 10pm for the past like 2 months and I've barely lost any weight. What am I doing wrong?

EAT BREAKFAST FAST IN THE AFTERNOON

What a stupid fucking reply.

don't eat at 9:59 either, you pedantic faggot.

>The results showed that eating later, compared to the daytime schedule, led to an increase in weight, insulin, fasting glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. Higher glucose and insulin are implicated in diabetes, while higher cholesterol and triglycerides are linked with cardiovascular problems.

Hey guys. On day five. When do the stomach cramps stop?

>stomach cramps

Cramps might be low potassium if you are doing if and breaking fast with carbs might be it. If IF break your fast with a high fat low carb meal

Nope, I'm on a straight water fast

Are you taking multi vitamins?

No not yet. I thought that was only needed after a week. If they'll stop dese cramps I'll buy some today

It really depends on how your body reacts. I was asking because they can be the cause of them but they can also stop them.

I'm on day 31 atm

I take

-Multivitamin
-B complex
-Biotin x 2
-Electrolyte pill x2 (two for RDA)
-Vitamin D

By far, the one with the biggest effect will be the electrolyte pills, the first week is pretty god damn tough but it does get easier as the fast goes on.

Which brand of electrolyte pills do you take M8?

amazon.co.uk/MyProtein-Electrolytes-Plus-Tablets-Pack/dp/B00L7WXKWU/

Huh, I think I just discovered something wierd.
I can sort of tell what energy source my body is burning by the kind of food I'm craving.

When I'm burning a lot of carbs or am running low on carbs I remember the sugary junk foods I ate
When I'm running on fats and I'm starting to tap into them I remember fatty savory foods. usually with a bit of carb with them.

What electrolyte pill do you use?

Very specific

did you scroll down a tiny bit?

My bad I'm just a fucking brainlet apparently

no worries brah, good luck with the fast.

i thought i had fucked up the link or something.

Does drinking black coffee interrupt the fast?

What does Asian Matt Damon say about women fasting? Specifically does it have any word effects on their menstrual cycle?

no

not in any meaningful way

It does have some changes on prolonged fasting.
You may have longer periods or not have any period at all.

Don't have babby when fasting. Probably should supplement iron. desu I have no idea

>I can't study while IFing

YES YOU CAN, FATTY. STOP TELLING YOURSELF YOU CAN'T FOCUS BECAUSE YOU'RE FASTING. CHASE THAT BRAIN GAINS SENPAI
>we observed a fasting-induced increase in prefrontal-cortex-related cognitive flexibility tasks. Working memory, visuospatial discrimination, and spatial orientation abilities were not affected
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5153500/

Does IF 16/8 have any noticeable health benefits? I'm on week 3 (cutting) and while the weight is steadily dropping due to being in a deficit (the reason i started IF is because its easier to be in a deficit and i dont get hungry) i don't see how it could have a meaningfull effect on health.
Is OMAD any better health wise? Planning to do this the last two weeks of my cut.
All the positive health effects i read about are on 2day+ fasts.

I honestly think 16/8 is way too low, why don't you try increasing your window as see how you feel?
I usually do OMAD, you probably get a slightly better benefits, but think about it: you get 6~8 more hours of those slightly benefits DAILY. By the end of the month, that ads up by A LOT.

that's a lot to cut off in under a month

losing weight is addicting but try to take it at a reasonable pace, you'll be better off for it

you shouldn't be cramping friendo

This tastes like ass I tried it before. Way too much salt

Well thats what i wanna accomplish by doing OMAD. I just don't feel like explaining why i dont eat during my lunch break at work. And i like to sit down and eat with my wife too. So its 16/8 till i dont see a real change in bodyweight anymore.
But next to supposed improved insuline sensitivity, not much is going to happen on 16/8? Not even a boost in autophaghy?

I can't drink salt water either. I just teaspoon it to my mouth straight and flush it down immediately with water. Don't put it on the top side of the tongue because you might throw up. Put it under the tongue between the lower front teeth under the tongue.

It does improve insulin response, autophaghy also happens but not nearly as much on prolonged fasting.
But anyway, what matters is that you should follow a fasting protocol that you can sustain over a long period of time, log your results as much as you can so you can access later what works best for you without compromising your life.

vocaroo.com/i/s06sj9PBUnKM

If I'm in the middle of a 7 day water fast though, what's the best way to regain some mental edge back? Because the mental fatigue hits hard around day 3/4

I just started IF for the first time, and I'm getting extremely cold hands up to 4 hours before fast ends. Is this normal?

He brings it up in the various lectures. It's fine and he treats female diabetes patients with fasting all the time.

Complete newfag when it comes to fasting, im just trying to lose weight, if i only eat between 3pm-7pm am I doing it right? Of course only eating the calories I'd eat anyways, not more. Enlighten me if I'm retarded or if that's all there is to it basically

IF is good for keeping weight off (not gaining any further weight) but it doesn't produce large weight loss gains

You're going to want to do fasts >24hrs to get meaningful weight loss results.

Alternate day fasting and long fasts (2 weeks is the edge of the safe zone) will lead to long-term weight loss

Salt

So no point in 4 hour fasting to lose weight?

That would be a 20 hr fast.

You could lose some weight if it was a high fat diet, but if you just eat what you're eating now, its unlikely to substantially reduce your weight.

If you don't eat one day and then eat however you want the next and so on, you can lose weight.

Starting the big one, a 14 day fast, on Wednesday. Done a few 4 and 5 day fast. Wish me luck fellow fastfags. Will post results.

Eat breakfast then try not eating until you feel death creeping in then eat breakfast again

So you'd say alternate day fasting is good. Do I eat tdee or do I eat under my tdee? I van eat all day on my eating day, right? Is /sip/ping allowed on fasting days?

Have my waifu in return for helping brah

tsp Pink Salt (Sodium Chloride)
i heard you like cardiovascular disease

You can eat whatever you want whenever on eating days

To maximize weight loss, avoid refined sugars and artificial sweeteners, but this isn't strictly required.

If you want to track your calories, then eat your TDEE so that your metabolism stays high.

try fasting

>fasting all week
>tfw everyone says they stop thinking about food, but all I can think of is what I plan on cooking on the weekend

I watched the Thomas DeLauer video on 5 IF mistakes, and his #4 was some shit on "toxins in your body". Can someone give me a rundown on this?

I've always treated anything that mentioned "toxins" as bullshit, but the rest of his video seemed to be pretty solid, so I'm torn.

fuck all the toxin bullshit. im fasting right now and smoking cigs. all i care about is losing a lil bit of weight. 38 hours into my fast atm. going for 5 days. then breaking it saturday for the fight + wings

>we found increased anger

Well, this is great

5 days is good if you plan on smoking still, no longer though. If you keep smoking after a week of fasting it starts fucking up your brain and you start feeling like shit when you smoke.

HOW DO I INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF KETONES I CAN AS FAST AS I CAN YOU FAT FUCKS

LIKE EXERCISE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT? WHAT WOULD BE BEST LIFTING? STEADY STATE CARDIO? HITT?

HITT and Cardio the first day, light cardio and stretching the second, and walk for 30-90 minutes a day the rest of the fast.

50 pounds in two months is extremely fast, but if you feel comfortable with fasting sprinkle in some 24 hour dry fasts and lift weights at 60-70% max 5x5.

/fast/, you guys have me tempted.

I'm not fat, only around 12-15%, but I really want to get down around 10%. But I want to keep lifting and running as a bit of a priority.

Would it be best to eat just three days a week, on the days I lift, or should I just suck up and cycle five-day fasts and eat each weekend until I have abs?

see
Make it a water fast on the weekend, IF on the weekends with less than 20g of carbs, 150g+ protons doing weighted ab exercises, and you will have visible abs in no time

Nah, that comes from chronic inflamation not salt brainlet. Fuck off momscience.

Was that water fast on the weekend or the weekdays?

just broke after 40 hours
fuck fasting

Even better, just rest and do a water fast. You'll be at 10% fast, rip th bandaid off and get back to comfy bulking.

Your anger is your liver telling you to keep eating sugar for the easy energy.

good
now try again in 2 weeks :^)

I might have to try next week. Can't this week, I already have social obligations. But I've also had a lot of trouble with binge eating in my life and I'm hoping this will help me with learning to disassociate from the mental desire to eat as well.

weekdays

Just start again in a day. My first time I didn't make it past 40 hours. My record right now is 144.

Are you a feminine fuckboy or a boyish looking girl?