Personal trainer

Alright gents, I'm going for my NASM CPT exam in November. Have any of you become certified through them? If so, what should I focus on studying?

Also, is it just me or is most of the material taught to personal trainers meme magic?

have you ever seen one decent personal trainer in irl lol?
Veeky Forums is my personal trainer

at least when it comes to commercial gyms, PTs are all retards. No exception. If you come up with your own routine or anything that isn't meme bodybuilding.com related they will give you condescending looks and tell you to stay away from it. No such thing as powerlifting, no such thing as olympic weightlifting, no such thing as strength training. They are interested in money only, not in bettering yourself. They will tell you to buy supplements, eat every 3 hours and do high volume high rep training. Even if you're doing it for another sport. It doesn't really matter.

wow
her neck musles, jaw muscles and back are fucked
holy fuck

>nasm cpt
>move to a bigger city
>get a pt job
>then work to get ss cert

Thoughts?

Thst is what I have seen while reading the course material. I basically want the cert to get my foot in the door at a commercial gym with the end goal of my clients not needing me. I would want them to be able to program their own routine and understand the fundamentals of barbell training.

You mean the Starting Strength cert? Why bother?

I have thought of doing something similar I do not see anything wrong with that plan.

And you'll more than likely fail if you're working with the general population. The issue isn't that they're incapable of learning this shit, its that they simply do not want to put in that time and effort. And they really don't want to be paying to put in that time and effort.

Most cross fit gyms recognize the cert, they also have most of the equippment you need to train peeps, if I could get a class going at a cf gym You could make a pretty good living off being a coach for the foreseeable future; seems like a good way to get me through school without going into debt.

rate my form, Veeky Forums. i think i finally fixed it

keep your neck more neutral bud, you should be looking half at the floor when you're down and straight ahead when you are standing straight. Try to imagine that you have to hold a tennisbal betwen your head and upper chest. Other than that bretty good form.

>20 pounds

???

Looks pretty good, try pulling the slack out of the bar, you want to tighten up enough that the bar feels like it wants to pop off the floor.

K I L O S
I
L
O
S

I think most trainers just do what the establishment tells them. You have the occasional OG trainer who used to bodybuild back in the day who knows his shit. But everyone else seems to do the most meme-tier exercises in the world.

>1pl8

???

You are probably right. I am more in it for shits and giggles while I am finishing up my flight training. It is sad that actually teaching people can lead to failure .

Looking pretty good m8.

Why are you wearing pants at the gym?
Do you skip leg day4eva?

what do you mean pulling the slack? my arms are basically fully extended if you mean that
100kg
post pic of your legs

Its 2pl8 for 100kg

>This kills the woman

Why NASM? Go with the ACSM cert. to save yourself some money and get the same quality of information. Any gym worth working at will recognize an ACSM cert. and any normie you train won't care where you got certified.

All you need to know to be a personal trainer is some absolute crap meme exercises to tell girls to do and how best to mould to somebody's body when squat spotting.

I studied the entire book for the NASM test but never took it. After talking to a few personal trainers it came to my attention that the entire business is disgusting. Gyms give trainers plans that offer just a hint of progress to keep the customer buying more training time. And that's in addition to the actual content of the NASM being made for people who pretty much have never moved in their life or are crippled.
>inb4 bitter
I'm not, I promise. I just thought it was a little more noble of a job when I began. I guess you can eventually train privately or whatever but I decided it wasn't for me.

This is kind of what scares me is the confirmation that most PTs will only provide so much information. There is money in it for the gym and the trainer if they push mediocrity. I am going to aim and going as independent as possible.

>Chinups.webm

>Do you skip leg day4eva?
>asks on a video of a dude working on his hamstrings and glutes

I'm a NSCA-CPT. All personal training certificates are useless from a knowledge standpoint except for the higher levels such as NSCA-CSCS. Only reason I got certified is because I run my own gym and needed certification for insurance reasons. Not a single one of my clients in over 2.5 years has ever even asked me about whether I'm even certified or not.