QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

how do you train legs with dumbells?

pic related destroys my legs

Also walking lunges, goblet squats

does anyone have the image where a Veeky Forumsizen lied to the sensationalist media about what the habits and supplements taken of a school shooter or suicide pacter or something?
cant remember the exact image

There are many good leg exercises that you can load up using DBs. Examples include the ones this guy mentions, as well as double DB front squats, sissy squats, and several other variations.

The important thing however is not so much the exercises you use, but the principles you use.

If you want to make gains, regardless of whether we're talking about strength or size, you must apply overload. That means you must always strive to improve your performance over time. There are many ways to do this; you can do more reps, more sets, rest less, slow down the tempo etc. But over time the only practical solution is to increase the load, and this is unfortunately very hard to do if you don't have a barbell.
In other words you can easily work your legs using DBs, but you can expect to have a ceiling on your gains after a certain point because you can't load up the exercises any heavier.
That said, if you're clever you can increase the tension on involved muscles in other ways than by increasing external load, namely you can manipulate leverage in the same manner as you do with calistenics.

If I'm not adding any salt to my diet, and I'm drinking a Veeky Forums amount of water, should I be worried about hyponatremia?

Did a cut but didn't work out my abs/core specifically. If I had, would that have helped my abs be more defined or I'm still a bit of a fat fuck?

I can feel them when I flex easily.

You're talking about elliot rodger and the creatine meme

Bigger muscles are more defined even through a layer of fat. That applies to your abs too, although some will say that your abs can actually become too big to be aesthetic. Personally though, I don't think that's very likely to happen unless you try really fucking hard. I know I never woke up being shocked at all the crazy muscle growth I suddenly gained in one area. So it's not something I'd worry about.

As a rule, if you want a balanced physique, train your body in a balanced fashion. That means do an amount of work for each major muscle group that makes sense considering the anatomical size of the given muscle groups. That means you don't do 2 sets for your quadriceps and 25 sets for your tibialis anterior, because the quads are much larger. Your abs are actually decently sized, so don't fucking ignore them.

cheers man
exactly what i was looking for

Guys, help

I am meeting some friends to go to the sauna in a few hours. While I've known them for years, I've never been around them naked.
Should I jerk off at home before going to the sauna? I lifted today, my test level is high right now and I'm horny as shit from looking at pictures of scantily clad broads without fapping. Now I'm scared I'll get a boner in the sauna surrounded by a bunch of dudes that I made gay jokes with who might think those jokes bore a kernel of truth.
I'm 100% straight, I just don't want to be ridiculed for getting a stiffy because Stevie Shae pops into my head.

Where does your bodyfat burn first? Or does that depend on genetics.

I have a fatty face so I was curious if it slims down over time as I try to figure out how to cut

>inb4 you say spot reduce doesn't exist
I know that isn't a thing

>try to figure out how to cut
Eat 500 kcal less than TDEE. Congratulations, you've figured it out.

I need a deadlift program to bring me to 4-plate diddly dids. Currently at 3-plate for 3.

Lmao do what you need to man. That's funny af

Could I realistically lose ~15Kg of body fat in ~16 weeks?

It would be extremely painful

Depends on how fat you are but with the willpower to stick to your cut and enough workout, sure.

I'm retarded Idk what kcal means nor do I know what TDEE means

literally type those into your favorite search engine and read the first result

Google it autismo, he's basically telling you to watch how many calories you eat versus how much you use

Why did you abbreviate it then spell it out? :s

if i do around 30 mins a day of weights every day, would taking a day off occasionally be better purely for letting my muscles "rest"?

Depends.
If your leg workout consists of getting up from a chair once, you can literally train legs 10 times a day every day.
If your leg workouts consists of 10x10 deep barbell squats, you probably shouldn't do that more often that once a week.

Get the point?

its pretty light just stuff before i run into work.

3x10 of "Dumbbell Clean"
3x10 One Arm Swing
then some abs exercises and press ups

Well if you're always doing more or less the exact same thing with no real effort of pushing your performance up from session to session, you're probably working well within your capacity, and as such the need for rest days will be less.
If on the other hand you always strive to beat the performance of previous sessions, then your body will have a much greater need for recovery and a dedicated rest day will probably lead to better results.

If you're doing the former, it's mostly just exercising, which is fine from a health standpoint. But if you want to see strength and/or size gains, you MUST adhere to the principle of Progressive Overload, which means doing the latter.

While benching i found out i didnt go full rom, so i started again. After that i failed most of the lifts for the day, and i think thats the reason. Should i deload or keep going?

If you've never really done the full ROM, you should probably start completely from scratch. yeah it's a minor setback, but hopefully it'll be one step back and two steps forward.

Why is that women who don't even lift big (meaning lots of weight) sometimes look "huge". Is it just because you rarely see women who lift seriously and not just do squats with 5lbs?
I've seen a couple of women in my gym lately with a really broad back but they don't move a lot of weight. And they are definitely not some kind of roid monster. They just look "huge" compared to other women.
What is that all about

For you

Should I take creatin? Why/why not?

because 99% of women do no lifting at all?

No, not talking about the bench. Basically what happened is i did 3 sets not in rom. Then noticed it, removed like 5 kg and then did 5x5 perfectly. The problem is after that I was so fatigued i failed the next exercises.

>Why is that women who don't even lift big (meaning lots of weight) sometimes look "huge".
Not trying to be a dick, but any question that start with "why is that..." followed by some random observation that's not true very often, is a dumb fucking question, and as such will only lead to dumb fucking answers.

is it normal I've put on weight since I've started lifting?

I've gone from 72kg to 76kg (5ft 10) and i'm worried I might have put on fat as well

As a novice lifter who started from skeletor mode 3-4 months ago, I should be focussing entirely on bulking, right Veeky Forums?

Well yes, but don't think that muscle gains will be proportional with food intake. You need to eat a certain amount build muscle, but there's a cap to how quickly muscle will be built, and anything you eat beyond that is just going to be stored as fat.

So by all means bulk, but don't mega bulk.

How to change a PPL into a PLPL? Maybe sounds dumb, but fucks me up. I want to do push and one half of leg on one day and pull and other half on other day. Would it make sense to combine the "pushing" leg excercises (leg press, calf raises standing/sitting, leg extension) with push day and the "pulling" ones with pull day?

Any helpful ideas?

Is it worth hiring a personal trainer?

So you want to work out your right leg on a different day than your left one?
Working out your legs and your back on the same day is not a good idea, since both are the largest muscle groups you have.
And what leg exercises are there where you do "pulling" motions, except maybe leg curls and deadlifts?

DB bench vs Decline / Incline bench as a secondary lift for chest? I currently do
>Mon: flat + incline
>Thur: flat + decline

If you have the money or want to compete, yes. Good ones are expensive. Bad ones probably just give you broscience advice

Every day I wake up very small and looking like shit. As soon as I eat breakfast I blow up. All of my glycogen shouldn't be getting depleted overnight right?

>So you want to work out your right leg on a different day than your left one?
Kek. No, just want to split leg excercises, so that I can hit whole body in two gym visits.

>Working out your legs and your back on the same day is not a good idea, since both are the largest muscle groups you have.
Hmm, then maybe push + legs one day and pull (maybe + cardio) the other?

>And what leg exercises are there where you do "pulling" motions, except maybe leg curls and deadlifts?
I see ... But I do hip add/abd because this spares me seeing a physio (need to train these isolated).

any home remedies for neck pain?

I was tossing in bed this morning and snapped my fucking neck somehow, it was so painful I couldn't get out of bed for like an hour
it's better now so I doubt I'm injured, but it still hurts like hell doing any motion and I aint leaving the house
what can I do to speed up recovery

How do you find a good one that's not adverse to /fraud/ing? London reporting in

I mean shoulder and calves seem to be a common workout combination. I mean if you do squats + other push movements on one day and deadlift (maybe trap bar and regular) on the other it should be ok.
Stationairy bike or running won't give you gigantic legs,but it's probably not bad either. However, this might as well be the worst advice you could get

I have no idea mate. Just look if there is a buff guy in your gym and ask him if he knows someone? Try searching online,look for testimonies?

Thanks a lot, I'll consider that and will fiddle about with my routine.

there was a good thread on r9k yesterday, and now i wanna start lifting
wanna buy weights (dumbbells) by the end of the day-- i was recommended to start at around 50kg, good start? for context, im 10stone skelly.

>tfw no gf
how do i get a gf user? squatting and bench presses dont seem to help me with this

I need some help picking a program lads. Currently 6months lifting 180cm, 84kg, 18% BF on cut.

OHP: 85 lbs
Bench: 185 lbs
Squate: 165 lbs
Deadlift: 225 lbs

Only started squats and deadlifts 3 weeks ago no flame. Currently been doing some sort of modified PPL alternating push and pull days and just sticking legs in there every 3 days with 2 days rest a week. Swapped deadlifts with rackpulls recently but after I do my main lifts I do a bunch of minor stuff as well (curls, lat pulldowns, dips etc.)

Its working decently so far but I feel as though my gains could be better. I heard GSLP is really good so should I get on that or stick to what I'm doing right now.

What if I eat less than 1000 cal a day? does that mean as I exercise and work out I can cut down more fat as long as I eat nutritious meals?

I have a couple of questions about diet:

- I'm trying to have a healthy breakfast by eating muesli and natural yogurt but it's too acid for my taste, what can I use to cut the acid that's not sugar?
- What's a good replacement for salt?
- Good fruits/veggies to eat in winter and fill you up?

>I'm trying to have a healthy breakfast by eating muesli and natural yogurt but it's too acid for my taste, what can I use to cut the acid that's not sugar?
Try an apple. I do with my muesli and it's really tasty.

What to do for better ankle mobility?
I can't do a proper "slav" squat without falling backwards.
When doing squats with a barbell I always get buttwink if I go ATG

starting with IF today, already ate everything this morning, might have 1-2 beers tonight. How fucked am I?

Can Noob Gains happen again if I haven't been to the gym in over a year? What diet + routine can I do to maximise strength and muscle growth?

I did SL before, do I just start from the beginning again? I'm chubby, so do I cut or bulk?

anyone? Is this not really enough information

is this a normal amount of weight to put on

not supposed to go ass to grass. only low enough so that the top of your patella or knee bone is at level or slightly above the crease in your hip where the torso meets the leg

watch Alan Thrall's how to squat video on youtube

bulking: +1lb/month
cutting: -1lb/week

noobie gains are pretty insane. Normal to put on lots of muscle when you start lifting but eventually it'll even out.
For the first month - 2 months or so eat at maintenance, this will help you get an idea of your caloric needs while maximizing noob gains i believe. After that the increased amount of muscle mass will help you cut harder

I'm trying to cut weight as fast as possible then bulk. I'm lifting every other day and running at least a mile a day, and I'm on a 1000 calorie diet. This should maximize the amount of fat I'm burning and help me retain my lean mass, r... Right?

Are deads or squates better?

green means it's practically done, red is what I'm focusing on right now. I hope it helps you

same user fromforgot to mention keep on tracking calories if you aren't already. Starting to go hard at the gym might subconsciously make you eat more or something.

No, you're gonna fuck yourselves op. Go for a light cut (-500 calories than your total AT MOST).

No, you can't cut that drastically without losing tons of muscle, eat more you retard

How's it gonna fuck me up? I'm 6'0 213Ibs, 18 years old. I've got pretty good muscle mass but I'm really trying to get rid of all the fat as fast as possible, and I do realize I'm going to lose a lot of muscle but that's fine with me because I've got quite a bit and I'll have more motivation to lift if u look better

>get Veeky Forums
Full Rick or nothing, senpai

1000 seems pretty low, what's your TDEE? going that low might not be the best cause

1. have to make sure your getting a lot of protein like 1.2 g/lb of bodyweight or something so that you lose the least amount of muscle

2. it can fuck up your metabolism

3. Might make you really tired decreasing how hard you go in the gym and stuff thus decreasing calories burned.

Also do more cardio 1 mile aint shit unless your sprinting that or try HIIT. At most I'd go for a -750 calroie deficit desu

My TDEE is 3386. I've been eating a lot of protein and losing muscle mass isn't a concern, I'm relatively bulky and it's always been easy for me to build muscle.

I work in cardio as much as I can barely it, I'll usually jog another mile as cool down after lifting too. I'm really not much of a runner but hopefully that'll change. I mean, I run a 10:30 min mile and got my heart rate up to 194 yesterday so cardio seriously fucks me up, that said I'll do more.

How bad do you think it would effect my metabolism? I didn't think about that. Would there be any more longer lasting effects?

(I'm pretty new to this board)

I'm getting closer to 2x bw squat but when I go above 280 lbs, my knees start clicking. After working out I feel a small burn in my knees but I wouldnt really call it painful, the next day I don't feel anything special.
Am I fucking my knees up? Should I be worried?
I really love squatting so should I switch up to front squats or something that strains my knees less? I really wanted to hit that 2x bw squat this year..

THREE THREE EIGHT SIX are you fucking mental cunt why the FUCK would you go to 1000

Listen mate you are going to fuck your shit up like that. ABSOLUTE LOWEST you should go is like 1600 and see how it goes do it for a week and see what changes. If you think you can manage lower go 1500 but if its fucking hell then go up to 1800 yea. You can't go straight off on this shit gotta do it in increments

Clicking in itself usually isn't a problem, but if you've begun getting an uncomfortable feeling it could be early signs of a little bit of overuse.
You could change the exercise (although front squats are MORE knee intensive than back squats), but that can be a setback if your goal is to get that double BW squat.
Instead, consider decreasing your squatting frequency and/or volume substantially for a while. Not so much that you lose strength, but enough to give the tissues more rest than they normally get. See if that changes your symptoms. When you hopefully feel recovered, gradually up the dose again.

I'll bump it up to 1600 for now, thanks for the advice. I've been doing 1k for about a week now and I feel fine.

Does depression physically effect fat loss or gains in general?

It doesn't keep me from sticking to my routine and diet but just wondering if it physically hinders progress or something

Is it true that wearing tight/restrictive underwear can be bad for your hormone production by being too tight on your nuts? Or something like that.
I need to buy new underwear and I want some that will not be too tight on my junk. I am currently overweight and trying to lose weight so maybe it doesn't really matter what kind of underwear I buy since it could be poorly fitting and restrictive either way.
Also underwear recommendations.

Is "The Anabolic Cooking Cookbook" worth checking out/good to follow, it's linked on the TDEE I'm just skeptical about anything I'd have to pay for just to figure out good meals to prepare and eat

your weight gain will always include some fat

don't pay for this shit

Is overtraining a meme? I can go to the gym everyday

Done a bit of reading on the world wide web and looking for more opinions on strength workouts for women.

Wife has been doing cardio and HIIT type stuff for two years now. She's fit but getting more skelly with an increasing case of n'assatall.

Last night, after her 30 min boot camp, she comes into the weight area where I have her almost convinced that she needs to stop the boot camp stuff for at least a little while and hit the weights for six months.

Found stronglifts for women but I think ICF would work for her as well.

Any opinions?

I'm doing pic related it's my first workout session
but I realize there is no place for the press and free-squat
can I switch them for something else or should I change the routine entirely?

I wear those and these, pretty comfy desu :3

do you have bonds in your country. They kick ass.
I also recently bought some velvet underwear from asos.

bumpu

blueberries are god-tier for parfaits

Best ON flavor?

I had basically the same issue about a week ago. My left trap so tight and I could barely move my neck in any direction. I used pic related and it probably sped up my recovery to 2-3days (prob would have taken at least a week otherwise)
basically you use roll this along your muscle against a hard surface (like a wall). it can hurt the skin with overuse though so watch for that.

What kind of Adidas are they? Filename related?
Bonds, an underwear brand? I live in America so probably.

yeah an underwear brand, great underwear here in Aus.

after doing SL for 4 months, I want to try something else.

For max muscle gains, should I switch over to

A) Greyskull with arms plugin
or
B) PPLxPPL

Greyskull for strength
PPLxPPL for bodybuilding
Depends on your lifts but considering that you're only 4 months in I believe you're not that strong yet.
If I were you I would do greyskull for atleast a while to get a stronger base.
Then again, PPLxPPL is more fun

Im a recovering fatty losing weight, down from 99kg to 87. My problem is my noon gains have topped out and I think I've reached a plateau in strength that won't really change until I can start bulking. As I'm still a long way from my bf goals, this is very demoralizing.

Are there ways to maximize your potential gains while on a cut? My calorie deficit isn't severe and I'm keeping cardio fairly limited.

>I've been doing 1k for about a week now and I feel fine.
The thing is, you could absolutely do that for a week or maybe even two. But after some time you go into starvation mode and you body starts saving energy in order to keep you alive for a longer time. Maybe intervalling could be a solution aka 1 week of 1000 or 1200 and then some days of 2000 or 2500 in order to prevent starvation mode. Look up carboloading as an inspiration. But my advice is kinda broscience desu so do on your own risk.

I'm not sure it's so true. There might be something to it but I don't want swinging while I'm working out just as I don't want untied shoes because muh fashion trends.

If there is something to it, then the hour and a half you're in the gym shouldn't affect you if you take the binding stuff off when you get home.

I'm drinking fish oil which gives me 10 µg(400IU) of vitamind D a day and I bought some supplements, which suggest to take one to two capsules a day. The capsules are 2000IU. Is it okay to take 4400IU a day? I'm not taking in consideration any vit D I get from other foods, there is also some small amount in the multivitamin I take, so I'd say it's actually around ~4500IU.

Is there a nice way of telling guys they really need to start working legs?

I was thinking more day to day, walking, sitting whatever. I guess I'll just buy what other people recommended or some underwear that at least feels like it's not restrictive at all. It'll be important to lose weight because none of my current underwear is too tight, otherwise I wouldn't wear it, but my groin area can be so cramped that sometimes I'll shift around and notice my underwear was too tight.

What do I do in terms of figuring out the right amount of weight to lift if I skipped going to the gym for a few weeks like the dyel that I am?