Reminder that deadlifts are a complete waste of time if your goal is aesthetics (which it should be)

Reminder that deadlifts are a complete waste of time if your goal is aesthetics (which it should be)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WedxXEijWHw
instagram.com/p/Ba0AQPrgI2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they both look like shit

youtube.com/watch?v=WedxXEijWHw

hmmmm

it's almost like you can get big with a wide variety of exercises, and your ability to demonstrate strength with an exercise is influenced by which exercises you choose to do in training

have a sage you DYEL fucking geek

If your goal is esthetics and you're looking up to that exercise is the last of your problems

>this guy is shit at deadlifts even though he’s strong enough to do them, therefore you shouldn’t do them

Ok

What's the point of deadlifting and risking snapping your shit up then if you aren't a powerlifter

and you think you can't snap your shit up squatting, doing SLDLs, or RDLs? lmao at you

The risk of snapping your shit up is extremely small (comparable to squatting/benching/etc) unless you're an idiot and/or have too much of an ego and insist on grinding out a bad pull.

That aside, it's just a decent hip hinge movement. Good for building the hamstrings and glutes, solid lower back engagement and has some reasonable trap/upper back/ab carryover. Not by any means necessary though.

What's the point of exercising when you can injure yourself

what's the point of existing when you can masturbate on ketamine?

Blaha is a terrible example. This shitter needs roids to hit a 500lbs deadlift and 330lbs bench. He has horrible genetics.

you're right thanks for reminding

instagram.com/p/Ba0AQPrgI2Y

OP is right. That's why Arnold wasn't aesthetic at all. Should've worked smarter, not harder.

Buendia is far better than Arnold though

Roids for those lifts no fucking way I look better and lift more than him while being lighter. I refuse to believe the guy roids unless his diet is literally poptarts and donuts

Lmaoooo
>men's physique
>better than Godfather Arnie
Please kill yourself.

thats not 505lbs though
also
>shit at deadlifts
>can dead lift more than twice his weight even without lifting for strength

Arnie's conditioning was utter shit

>aesthetics thread
>conditioning
Makes you think

What is context?

He admits it though

>Arnie's conditioning was utter shit
it definitely wasn't shit on stage, but it also wasn't as unrealistic and unhealthy as it is nowadays in bodybuilding. Arnold arms and chest were and still are one of the best on bodybuilding ever

God forbid anyone that doesnt have the same goal as me.

Bodybuilding is boring.

There's no sense of progress unless you're on gear.

At least with power-lifting you can continue making progress year after year, bodybuilding depends on taking steroids, and increasing your dosages as your body adapts.

>At least with power-lifting you can continue making progress year after year
tell that to Isley

I'm talking about the average person, not someone trying to compete at a decent level.

Get 1/2/3/4, then spend the rest of your life slowly going for 2/3/4/5.

it still gets frustrating if you have average genetics and don't want to fatfuck yourself though, I hit 500 years ago and am still 10lbs away from a 6pl8

no matter which path you choose you will run into agonizingly slow progress at some point unless you are a talentchad, so I think it's best to just make lifting part of your routine and be process oriented rather than goal oriented after the initial 1-2 year babbygains dry up

So what.

I'd rather slowly work my big lifts up over the years, instead of just doing random bro-split super retarded pump style training, literally doing hundreds of worthless reps per session, all for literally 0 gains because not injecting steroids.

I know plenty of natural lifters that train for hypertrophy who look good, make progress, and are pretty strong at the lifts they do

I really hope you don't actually believe training for strength and muh big 3 is the only way to train and make progress, because wew lad is that some misguided newfag bullshit

>At least with power-lifting you can continue making progress year after year,
Yeah, if you're on fucking gear you can.

You can't progress in bodybuilding or powerlifting like the gear heads as a natural.
Even hinting at that or pretending that it's true is horribly irresponsible and fucking stupid.

General hobby weight lifting for mass, strength, and basic fitness is so much better for the average person.

I honestly don't know why the gear heads, shills, and lunatic powerlifter people are trying to steer the conversation.
They're the reason no one wants to touch a weight in the first place and why most don't touch it after a few years.

I've been lifting for over 6 years.

For the first 4.5 years I trained doing body-part splits, progressively overload, but also doing a lot of "Chasing the Pump" style training.

The gains for this kind of training I feel stopped working after about 2 years. The reason I decided to change to strictly focusing on the main lifts (OHP,Bench,Squat,Deadlift,Rows,Weighted Chins, etc) is because there was no longer any noticeable progress to be made by doing the bro-split style training methods, it just became 1 big meme grind of pumping out hundreds of useless sets every week that achieved absolutely nothing, just a temporary pump in the gym, but no real solid progress being made that I could actually record and improve upon.

The reason above is why people get on steroids to begin with, they train for a few years, doing the brosplits, then they suddenly hit that wall, and progress is non-existent. So to continue seeing progress with those shitty training methods they must begin to use steroids, and they continue making results, at least for the first few cycles, until they must begin slowly increasing dosages in order to continue making progress.

I did not want to go down that road of having to rely on steroids to continue seeing progress, so I decided to switch to power-lifting, because it gave me another path to go down to continue with progress in the gym.

Muscle mass for a natural is limited, therefore if you want to continue with progress in the gym, you must decide, strength training, drug free, or building more muscle mass, which will require steroids if you want to surpass your natural limit which you will hit within 2-3 years.

The natural limit is a lot lower than people think, especially if you have average genetics. Not everyone is going to look like a top 1% genetically gifted natural lifter, most people are going to only achieve a "meh" level of muscle mass naturally, and even then, only that top 1% have the proportions to be impressive.

You don't need steroids to hit 1/2/3/4

You don't need steroids to hit 1.5/2.5/3.5/4

You don't need steroids to hit 1.75/3/4/4.75

You can still possibly hit 2/3/4/5 over 20+ years of training if you have shit genetics.

Now speaking of bodybuilding.....purely bodybuilding........if you don't look like a Greek God after the first 2-3 years, you'll never look like one, so your progression ability is very very short lived, at least naturally.

lifts?

user, you'll hit the wall harder and faster in powerlifting.
But you'll have already invested too much in the "put more weight on the bar" mindset and ego lift/powerlift your way into a life ruining injury.

No natural healthy man lifts in one single way like that. And people who seek constant progress like that will always hop on the iron dick eventually because their tiny fucking ego's demand it. Simple as that.
They can rationalize it as a one time thing to get to that pr but by then you're pretty much a bitch.

I don't push progress like crazy with my power-lifting. I wouldn't even call it power-lifting to be honest, I'd just call it strength training.

I lift with a power rack at home, there is no ego-lifting. I lift with a moderate program, and I don't use my absolute 1RM as a base for my training blocks, I use generally 5-10% under that, and I don't push like crazy, everything is done comfortably, at the same pace no matter how light or heavy I go. My body is as tight and form strict with the bar on it's own, as I do with squatting above 4 plates. I don't take any unnecessary risks or try ego-meme-pushing the weight for no reason. I do my the sets and reps my program calls for and that is that.

The way I use to train with bodybuilding for 4.5 years was 1000x more retarded and led to far more injuries, doing hundreds of sets every week, using all kinds of random exercises targeting the muscle from every angle, etc. That shit doesn't work forever, it works well temporarily and then stops, hence why people either quit lifting all together because of burn out, or they jump on the steroids to knock that wall down and keep moving forward.

this

if you aren't a talentchad 3/4/5 will take a long fucking time, and 4/5/6 will not be attainable to you at all, the plateaus in powerlifting for someone with just mediocre genetics are absolutely brutal

started lifting in 2011 around the time zyzz died, here's my deadlift progression

135x5->405 in 8 months, 485 in another year and change, still have not been able to do 585

Okay, so you're just...stupid.
Is that it?

You fucked your shit up ego lifting while bodybuilding so you're going to just fuckaround with "strength training" now?

Don't condemn one facet of fitness because you snapped your shit up while approaching it poorly.
I don't hate bodybuilding or powerlifting or strength training. I just hate how it's pushed on unawares people.

Someone has to be a moderate voice when it comes to lifting shit damnit.

There is no such thing as approaching bodybuilding appropriately.

Everyone who trains that way long-term ends up snapped even if they NEVER lift "heavy" for their standards.

ah, the old k-hole tugger. good times

Everyone who lifts eventually snaps their shit up.
The people who lift for strength tend to snap faster and harder
Bodybuilders usually end up with serious overuse injuries
The level of snapping that powerlifters get is...unbelievable.

I reiterate. Moderate weight lifting is superior

>deadlift trains the posterior chain, the backside of your body mainly
>posts pic from front
>look guys he looks like shit the deadlifts didnt work
??

If you aren't lifting for yourself your goal should be ottermode, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Casual strength training isn't he same as competitive power-lifting.

Casual bodybuilding is literally exactly the same as competitive bodybuilding.

This is why you're wrong, and I am right. Stop trying to act like the superior contrarian.

ARE YOU UNIRONICALLY DEFENDING BLAHAS PHYSIQUE WHAT IN ALL NINE HELLS IS WRONG WITH YOU

he has klinefelters syndrome

You don't HAVE to deadlift heavy to be aesthetic. Honestly if someone is after aesthetics they should never need to max out a deadlift or even go lower than 5 reps desu, only powerlifters needs to fuck with that shit.

T. 555 deadlift 540 squat wanna be pl'er

>mfw hurting people's ears watching my body nearly rip in half in the while
You really can't go wrong

Mirror

>comparing a 2 plate OHP to a 3 plate bench.

shiggy

how necessary is it to have a full hamstring flexibility? ie you can do a Active Straight Leg Raise, raising your leg so it's 90 degrees

weak bait, blabla is just fat as fuck

is 2/4/6/8 a thing?

now there's a goal

Yeah I'm sure he'd look like Buendia if he cut down

>this
>aesthetic

pick one

roid monkeys look like shit but they all have big-orexia and will argue until they die (from heart disease) that bodybuilders are aesthetic

still on my linear beginner program, the post

I don't give a fuck what I look like so long as I'm stronger than the rest.

i've lifted on and off for the past year

i'm not a bodybuilder, i just lift weights and do cardio so i can eat more without getting fat

either way im just giving my opinion buddy, dont get hurt

>implying thicc aesthetics aren't a thing
>implying that Klokov isn't the aspiration of many men on this board
>implying anything really

I think you're gonna hit the natty wall either way
the best thing to do would be to try to find every natty wall you can
I wanna get as strong as possible, then look as good as possible, and then switch to yoga and shit as I get older
or do it all at once
the jack of all trades can never plateau

Arnold or Zane weren't ascetic?

You're retarded.
Typical result of Veeky Forums memeing and and a person who can't think for himself

>Casual strength training isn't he same as competitive power-lifting.
Actual strength training has nothing to do with training for powerlifting. At all.

>Casual bodybuilding is literally exactly the same as competitive bodybuilding.
Casual bodybuilding isn't the same as competitive bodybuilding because there are no drugs involved. You litterally CANT do the same shit they are doing and have to approach lifting in a different way entirely.

That's the main fucking problem with modern day lifting culture now. Geared up retards and acolytic nuts with an agenda steering the conversation.

not everyone is in a competition, inferiority complex betacuck user. some of us do this for enjoyment

>i've lifted on and off for the past year

your opinion is invalid

What's the point of having hospitals when everyone is going to die

fpbp