/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BZruj6LHJCE/?taken-by=clarencekennedy_
powerliftingtowin.com/coan-philippi-deadlift-routine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he needs gomad

thinking about doing the coan phillipi deadlifting routine, any experience with this? Are the gains maintainable? will I lose all my gains like you do with smolov jr programs? How should I go about programing my squat and bench while doing it ?

whoever the low test numale is that keeps making the /plg/ general these cutesy little threads with retarded pictures of animals and "comfy listening" should seriously neck their self. Seriously sometimes these threads are insufferable with you reddit tier faggots blogging about your life

>inb4 nice blog

you know if you do a fuckload of volume like that of course youre going to get stronger

yeah but are the gains maintainable? In the past ive ran high volume programs like the smolov jr programs for bench and I made gains but they never were maintainable.

Bodybuilding focus rocks. Lifting more weight than ever, getting bigger than ever, getting more sloots than ever.

Do more volume.

Nice blog

Hi Veeky Forums

maybe if you tweak it to lower volume but spread over a longer time period it might become real gains

and i think coan filipi is fine never heard anyone say something bad about it

10th for Alex will get an STD before Bobby squats 200kg

You can't predict what is already the present

>200kg

What are those weights out of? And who can even squat 820kg?

Sugoi

This is a retarded question. On any peaking program that tapers to a maximum you will hit a number that you are incapable of hitting on a daily basis in the gym.

Your potential maximum will then diminish slightly until you build up to a new peak.

Your gains from a program like Smolov Junior do not completely just disappear when you finish the program. You see a slight reduction in the strength after you test your new max, but you won't lose all of your strength unless you run a program with much lower volume afterwards.

>their
nice blog sjw

I'm never going to be able to squat 200 kg SO STOP REMINDING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Got my belt today. This thing is stiff as a motherfucker. Chafes my hands to put on.

At least I can squat without a hoodie now

Reminder that we should have a camaraderie with other people who lift weights (bodybuilders, Oly lifters, even crossfitters). We're all in the same boat, and being divisive only makes us all alone.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Honestly, I think powerlifting isn't too tough to do while focusing on other training. I bet a lot of bodybuilders (for example) could just do some technique work weekly for the big lifts they don't often hit, then switch to a peaking program for a month or two if they decide to compete.

Obviously that's not the way you become a world champion, but it would probably be fine for most people.

With that attitude you'll never get to 190kg either.

>He thinks I'm actually going to be able to squat 190

>Not enjoying doggos
>Not enjoying comfy songs
Sounds like you can't enjoy your life, go outside friend

>hook-up with club slut
>next day starting getting tfw no gf feels

[Submit blog...%100]

>hook up with my right hand
>next dat start getting twf no gf feels

[Submit blog...100%]

I would much rather be in a small boat of strength athletes than a cruise ship with bodybuilders and bench-only dudebros

so which squat plug?

When I was going through some hard financial times I just got my gym Buddy to slip a finger up my boyhole on particularly hard sets

i have money

And I've got a free hand

My squat plug. Yes I'm a guy.

If I do c6w+3XInt should I keep it an upper/lower split and go 5 days or full body 3 days and have shit tons to do m/f and barely anything on Wednesday ?

>monday
c6w day one of lower body
nuckols benhc

>wednesday
nuckols bench
upper body accessories (press, raises, rows...alternate)

>friday
c6w day two of lower body
nuckols bench

oh wait, i thought you said you had only three days per week to lift

ideally you can do full c6w just remove candito's bench completely and replace it with nuckols 3xint bench as you see fit

instagram.com/p/BZruj6LHJCE/?taken-by=clarencekennedy_

how much did clarence squat here?

Might be 190kg

how do i become clarence

best squat accessories? i am doing leg raises and curls like every time like a tool

wrong thread kiddo

> Training
Gonna run a short 3 week peak since project momentum should be starting soon. Today I have
Squat-x1@8, 4x3
Bench- x1@8, 4x3
Dumbell bench- 5x8

how is that nit pl?

Belt squat
Split squat
Pin squat
Pause squat

>how do i become clarence
Try way harder for years

how can i incorporate some of these into c6w without hindering recovery?

look at what you asked

>best squat accessories?
> i am doing leg raises and curls like every time
most dyel thing i read in plg tb h, why? because accessory should depend on individual weakness

i actually admitted i'm a tool for doing it over and over again though, nice try

i'm slowly progressing on squats and have no issues with form or anything, i just want something that's gonna have more effect that simply getting a leg pump at the end of the session

just do a lighter squat variation for a couple of sets, is it that hard?

also train upperback EVRRDAY

>c6w
You probably don't. Maybe split squats.

>You probably don't.
Thought so because i am pretty exhausted even after doing just regular squats +dls after that

will experiment i guess
i did front squats with like 60% for 3 sets before that worked ok but it seems pointless since regular squat volume is p high

>i did front squats with like 60% for 3 sets before that worked ok but it seems pointless since regular squat volume is p high
nah bro keep doing those c6w volume is actually overrated its just that most people are GDE when it comes to work capacity

Fat retard my back after dl loves you for life lad

what if I [spoiler]overtrain[/spoiler]? :^)

You aren't advanced enough to overtrain

>what if I [spoiler]overtrain[/spoiler]? :^)
stop saying these dyel GDE things goddamn seriously

even if you ''overtrain'' its a good thing because you definitely need to know what that feels like. these cookie cutter routines always have low volume and if youre not progressing fast then you def should try adding volume through some lighter variant like suggested

;_;

i added 12.5kg to my squat during the last cycle
seems decent for my goals desu i am in no rush

Does anyone have a link to garagebro recipe stuff? I'm looking for some nice recipes that aren't too expensive and I can just eat a couple of days from. Also maybe someone has some other place that has good recipes like that. Generally it ends up with "Make this food with 50000 ingredients of which you'll use only half and you can throw the rest away!"

very plg post

listen up bro you should try to get to learn how your body reacts to different stimuli so you can tweak everything to your needs

alright lad
i'm gonna literally squat the next few weeks away

>tfw you realize you forgot a cue or component to a lift
>tfw you get stupid gains just by incorporating it again

I literally forgot hip drive was a thing and slapped 10kg on my squat like nothing

who /yoga/ here?

have you seen any surprising benefits when it comes to pl after taking it up?

does anyone here try to extend their back on squats, like not the spine but i mean hip extension

sometimes i feel like im not using the hips just all legs and it gets stupid hard, maybe my forms is off idk

are you familiar with hip drahve

bit of mobility gain for thiccer lads, helps recovery somehow, is relaxing as fuck. thats kinda it

>Reminder that we should have a camaraderie with other people who lift weights (bodybuilders, Oly lifters, even crossfitters). We're all in the same boat, and being divisive only makes us all alone.
Why though? It's not a teamsport.

Did 585x2 yesterday and now i have to deload my lower for le joints roooooo guess i can do some bro workouts for a week or 2

Gonna buy some new gym shorts. Anyone have recommendations for good brands etc.?

isnt hip drahve just doing a squat morning

Just go to walmart and get the $6 plain cloth ones

I have like 3-4 pairs and they're v comfy for workouts

Basketball shorts.

A squat morning is when you let your hips shoot up and shift the bar center. Hip drive is the cue to drive your hips up. If your chest rises along with your hips, there is no problem.

>roooo
confirmed for scoobysnacking, good thing USAPL dont care

I'm all for a PL, Oly, strongman alliance, but crossfitters need to be gassed.
And I mean the normies that actually sign up for crossfit and not the people who compete (because the competitors don't even do crossfit).

everyone looks like a chink from that angle

also miring clarence haircut

powerliftingtowin.com/coan-philippi-deadlift-routine/

My advice: wait for Candito's new deadlift program, should be dropping pretty soon.

true, hypertrophy blocks are fun. But after a months of that, I really start to miss the heavy weights and lower reps.
But that feeling of getting bigger if awesome.

leg press for big volume and giving your spine some rest
paused squats
Tempo squats
high bar
front squat
hack squats if you like them

>since project momentum
really? where did you see that? I want to sign up this year

Anabolic scoobydoo gummies only

w2c

>tfw not from 'merica

I also wanna look good in them, lads

Next you'll tell us you only inject Vitamins B and D.

frog are you natty? say yes if no and no if yes

>not B12
learn to meme accurately

>no answer
so yesterday's debate is settled

What debate

You know I bet you could make those, AFAIK most shit doesn't melt before ~160 degrees celcius so you could probably make dbol gummies without losing too much potency.

whether you are natty or not

>candito expects me to do either pulldowns or weighted pull ups for 12,12,10,8 reps
how the fuck am i supposed to do that many pull ups i cant even do them bw

Just be lazy and shove some 20mg dbol pills into a cut open scooby gummie and popem

Interesting

Do pulldowns then.

what if i dont have the machine at home

Then just do the same amount of reps over many sets
11x3 lolol

i guess I can also do 24 squat singles instead of 4x6 ;)

I mean you could just take way less rest time

As long as your 24 singles are higher intensity. Maybe EMON for good measure.

Get bands and do assisted pullups.
Do barbell rows.
Only do as many pullups as you can manage, and gradually progress the number of reps.

You could try neutral grip if it's easier for you. At least that's what he's using all the time.

Do chinups. If you cant do them weighted do them unweighted.

What do I do when I have fucked up rotator cuffs from chronic impingement and can't bench for shit? Just close grip bench for the rest of my life? When I attempt wide grip it just fucks me up all over again.

For years now I have tried many different things but nothing seems to work. Doc told me the only option would be surgery but that if I give it some time it will heal. I actually stopped benching for half a year and permanently cut out all shouldersnapping exercises and my shoulders got better but I still can't fucking bench.

Any inputs?

Because they're people with a similar interest and the same overarching goals (self-improvement, hard work towards a goal, dedication and consistency in training). You don't have to be besties, but it makes no sense to be infighting with other trainees because they differ in the little stuff.

Nobody needs to be gassed.

Those normies are just trying to get off the couch and move around a bit. CrossFit suits that goal, even if it's not productive from a training perspective.

I think we could teach the crossfitters quite a bit. They generally don't have much education, and the coaches aren't skilled enough to give them good technique advice or programming.