Calories in vs calories out

I'm fat. Have been for over 10 years now. However, when I do a diet, I lose water and muscle, a lot of both actually, but I don't lose fat.

Some time ago, I did a doctor-prescribed diet, with BIA measurements before and after. Caloric intake was 2200 per day, which is my BMR according to the measurements. Diet was high in protein and carbs, but low in fat.

Now, I did my usual calisthenics and stuff (I'm not allowed to lift heavy because herniated discs from an accident way back). 5x a week. I didn't do cardio, though.

Now, what happened was what always happened: My definition didn't change, but my arms and legs bemae skinnier and skinnier. After some month, I got re-measured and it turned out that while I lost 25 lbs, a whopping 300 grams of that was fat. So a bit more than half a pound. The rest was water and muscle.

So, what the hell is going on here? This isn't the only diet I tried over the years, sicne I tried everything from keto to just cutting calories in half from what I usually eat. I've been to several docs, nobody knows what the fuck is up and they send me to all kinds of endocrinologists and gastro-intestnial bullshit, which also finds nothing.

The only thing I got is hypothyroidism, but my thyroid is well-checked and the values are in normal range, but even Tyhroxine didn't make me lose weight (actually gained some).

So, what the FUCK is wrong here? Even if I'm a crazy motherfucker and cheat myself, I shoulöd have lost SOME fat witht he muscle and water, right? I mean, the caloric deficit was there, I still don't have the arms I used to have, so my body burned something. It wasn't fat though.

What gives?

your body cuts off water and muscles before taking to fat. Fat is harder to use so its stored for last ditch situations.

aka you literally have to starve yourself to lose weight

It can't be a solution to lose all muscle I have before I even lose a pound of fat, man. After 10 months of dieting, yes, I am that autistic and don't know when I had enough, I had lost
>25 lbs of muscle
>22 lbs of water
>0.5 lbs of fat (a bit more, 300 grams)

Even though I did exercise and I really ate enough protein - I eat meat daily.

Isn't there even any fucking bro science about this?

In b4
>crashed metabolism, eat more
I can't. After years of dieting, my hunger is gone.

>25 lbs of muscle
>22 lbs of water

Btw this doesn't mean I lost 47 lbs. I lost 25 lbs, so the water loss is purely from muscle loss (at least according to the doctor's measurements).

The only thing you did was get better at calisthenics.

You have to go deeper.

Do intermittent fasting combined with a 1500-2000 calorie diet.

No snacks, no sweets, no junkfoods, no fastfoods, no diet foods, no zero calorie anything, no CHEATING.
Your diet with no small cheats or rewards will be
90%
Veg from the veg aisle
Meats from the meat department
Nuts
The occasional fruit
Water and up to a gallon a day, you have to keep hydrated
Black coffee, unsweetened tea

You can have a small snack or go full IFYM on Sat and or Sunday. But it has to be 1500-2000 calories.

Go for a purposeful 1 hour walk every single day along with your calisthenics. Period.

Since you're breaking the laws of physics, this is something for you doctors to figure out.
It's odd they haven't noticed what actually troubles you and experiment with Thyroxine for fun.
If your endocrinologist had an education the blood-works should have identified the disorder by now.

Your disorder probably gets better if you walk at a brisk pace for 2 hours a day and reduce carb intake to

Eat only your body weight in grams of lean protein over the course of 4-5 meals, add in a cup of veggies or fruits with it. This worked for me, you could add in a cheat day like once every two weeks that helped me

yes do this user

Muscle loss and water loss but only a small amount of fat?

Sounds like you're eating so many fucking carbs and have your insulin spiked so much that your body simply cant tap into it's fat stores.

You've literally only gotten better at calisthenics.

IMHO
I think you should go on a 24 hour fast and drink nothing but water and go for long daily walks.
If you feel sluggish and have a major craving for sweets or just outright crash, then the problem is that your insulin has been spiked too much and you simply physically do not have the capability to tap into your own bodyfat right now.

Already tried low carb.

Everyone would feel sluggish after extended walks during a 24h fast, you retard.

Tell me about your workouts and how you eat typically.

Evolution really failed us huh

you need to post stuff like frequency of workouts strength training program were you just doing pushups and pullups?

you need to put your weigbt in so we have some idea of how much hou should be eating stuff like that

you have to keep going for longer than a month fucko

I did IF before for months because of a shitty job and it literally didn't do anything.

>It's odd they haven't noticed what actually troubles you and experiment with Thyroxine for fun.
Did you read my post? I'm hypothyroid, hence the Thyroxine.

My insulin is okay, according to the bloodworks.

>If you feel sluggish and have a major craving for sweets or just outright crash, then the problem is that your insulin has been spiked too much and you simply physically do not have the capability to tap into your own bodyfat right now.
>after a 24 hour fast and long walks
American education.

Typical diet changed so much over the years I dunno what to tell you. I don't eat much junk or sweet food (maybe 1x a week), but it didn't change anything if I ate more.

Workout was heavy calisthenics in the 5-10 rep range. I actually could do a front lever at over 240 lbs at one point.

It was 10 months, but thanks for playing.

Look, guys, if the idea is that easy, I already tried it over the last years.

Obviously, something IS wrong, all the doctors agree on that, they just don't know what it is and send me to another doctor over and over again. Repeat ad nauseum.

It would help if you tracked your macros.. Saying you eat plenty of meat everyday is not a reliable measurement.. I have friends who "eat a ton of a junk food and stay skinny" despite them eating low calories daily and just not understanding nutrition.

Have you ever done a 24 hour fast fatass?

What is your typical diet like fat ass.

You sound like every fatty who says 'dieting doesn't work it's sooo hard ;_;' when it turns out they
1)don't count calories strictly with a scale and way overeat
2) sneak in snacks. On TV the hospital obese are always sneaking in cookies and chips and say 'it doesn't count'

>However, when I do a diet, I lose water and muscle, a lot of both actually, but I don't lose fat.
>what the FUCK is wrong here?
Assuming you are a human being, your issue is called "being a big fat liar".

>doctor's measurements
How accurate were those? What did your doctor use to make this assumption?

Take test. Seriously. Your doctor won't give it to you but at this point, it would be a legitimate medical intervention to improve your quality of life.

>So, what the FUCK is wrong here? Even if I'm a crazy motherfucker and cheat myself, I shoulöd have lost SOME fat witht he muscle and water, right? I mean, the caloric deficit was there, I still don't have the arms I used to have, so my body burned something. It wasn't fat though.

The problem is that you're not tracking your calories correctly and you're eating poorly and too much.
You are not being honest with yourself when it comes to diet and your "calisthenics" are probably laughable as well.
You can't lie to us because most of us have been where you are.

If you want to lose weight then you're going to have to take a good long hard look in the mirror and make some decisions.

See:

That is simple.
That is beyond simple and can be done by basically anyone.

You have to choose you have to do it.
Don't try to lie to us, we don't give a shit, we've heard it all before. Many of us have made the same excuses.

Unless you are a genetic abnormality you are simply not trying.