(Newb) Cant OHP bar

>started SS 2 weeks ago, squat 95, bench 55, dl 100
>still cant OHP bar
what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H1DmlY9DhOw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keep on keeping on playa

Do Phraks Greyskull cause it's better, eat more, practice form, get your sleep, and your lifts will go up. The starting point doesn't matter, just don't give up.

Any 15kg bars? If not, just get light dumbbells and start doing shoulder exercises, also try OHP any barbells thar are

This.

do some pushups

youll get there brother

Phraks Greyskull is great, good advice. Currently running the mass gainer Greyskull LP and making really good progress

what's your height and weight OP?

#swoleleft

> 5'6" 110lbs

Are you underaged or a woman?

Use lighter bar, and do high reps.

>counting the bar

I remember being new

That better be in KG, faggot

Get the fuck out of here

Try to incrementally increase calorie intake and work with 5 or 10 lb dumbbells until bb is acheiveable.

Its not magic my man just keep eating and lifting.

>Squats 2x bw
>Can't OHP the bar
Gee I don't know man I think it might be pounds after all

Stop falling for bait

Honestly bro, thanks for making me feel about my own pathetic numbers

two options:
1) use dumbbells
2) find a lighter bar. The gym may or may not have one. I just started myself and use this for the warmup. The guys says always do warmups, build up the weight on the bar. Never mentions how to "build up" a 45lb bar to 45lb. Use the light bar.

I read OP wrong, I started SL not SS but same shit really. Advice still stands.

Nah, fuck pushups, I was where OP was a few months ago, I could do 3-4 pushups max (notice I'm a skelly not a fatfuck) and I absolutely fucking hated doing them and was getting nowhere.

Dumbbell OHP is what fixed me, starting with something pathetic like 3x5 with 10lb dumbbell per hand and working it up regularly in weight and intensity.

Incidentally I checked my pushups yesterday after a few months of not doing them and I whipped out 25 and had a few left in reserve still, but I OHP 5x5 100lb now.

tl;dr pushups are an awful advice for a beginner and more likely to get them frustrated, just use dumbbells instead.

Which part of my post are you memeing about?

you weigh 48 pounds?

Fatties can get fucked. It's hell building strength as a skelly.

you're missing the joke train. user was sarcastically stating that OP's stats would be ridiculous if the units were kg.

Just do dumbell presses untill you van do 35s in each hand, then switch to 90 bb

i bought a pullup bar as a skelly and i can barely do one, this is for like a month now.
should i switch over to dumbbells, are those vinyl sets decent enough? gym aint an option, soz (multitude reasons)

>counting the weight
I remember not lifting weights based on their audio and thermodynamic idiosyncrasies.

>not using back
>literally trying to overhead deaflift the thing.

Jesus Christ spongebob, learn proper form before you fucking kill yourself

Just remember going to the gym and struggling or failing is a million times better than not going at all. Keep at it you'll get there.

Not to mention
>lifing 1marshmelLMAO

oh shit brah
im stunned on how small youre starting off but we all start here. numbers dont matter man as long as you see improvement for yourself youre doing it right

>dl 100

What are you 8 years old?

>deadlift 100lbs
nibber i was deadlifting 225 at 14

Surprised nobody's mentioned this:

Just bench instead. If you're a young guy and you can only bench 55lbs, benching 3x a week and bulking will make your OHP muscles strong enough super quickly.

Dumbbells and shitty fixed weight barbells are probably fine too, but I wouldn't take the time to learn that stuff when you could just improve your bench and get comfortable with handling oly barbells.

I'd stick with benching (or whatever) until you're strong enough to comfortably press the bar for 6-8 reps, then start doing 3x5s. You want to start at a manageable weight and work your way up, so make sure the bar is manageable.

>what do?
Pushups

When I started I could also not OHP the bar. I just used the ohp machine until I was at bar weight.
As others said dumbbells are great too.

>dl 100
When I first started lifting I could easily DL 200 lbs, how fucking malnourished are you, senpai?

use those 10kg bars

my gf can OHP oly bar + 2.5kg and she's 160cm and 53kg thicc mode, cmon user

youtube.com/watch?v=H1DmlY9DhOw

Kek op can't ohp 0kgs

Trolling aside when I started it was almost like I had something wrong with my shoulders and I couldn't do more than a few reps even at extremely low weight. My advice would be to stretch and to do shoulder presses with both the machine and the dumbbells at extremely low weight and just work on reps

Start eating food and use the barbells meant for your biceps. I remember when I started I could only do 40 pounds, now I’m doing 100 pounds 4 months later.

Unironically GOMAD. You need a lot of calories and protein.

Are you totally failing to do even one rep of the bar or are you just failing to complete all three sets?