Is it better to do cardio before or after lifting? I've tried doing it before and I definitely notice a tougher workout...

Is it better to do cardio before or after lifting? I've tried doing it before and I definitely notice a tougher workout, but my lifts kept going down. Now I'm doing it afterwards but the workout doesn't feel the same. Lifting seems kinda easier but I'm still lifting the same amount? Anyway the most important thing for me is to get stronger and improve my cardio health. I figure maybe just shorter rests should fix the issue

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Different days

Lift 4 days a week
Cardio on rest days
Eat
Eat
Eat

>Lifting seems kinda easier but I'm still lifting the same amount?
you are capable of lifting more than you are doing so when cardio is done after.

youtube.com/watch?v=w1qYhkL468o

I have to work too bro, plus I want to use those days for yoga not cardio

>I have to work
>I want to do yoga instead
pick one

Well by easier I mean I'm not as winded or sweating as hard, so it feels like I'm not working out as hard. If I do cardio first then lift the workout feels way different, but I'm not getting stronger that's the problem.

I can do yoga in my house plus it's only like 40-50 mins. Plus I'm not running enough distance to have cardio days. I probably should have mentioned before but I just started getting back into shape. If I were running 3+ miles that'd be a different story

i really think you could lift heavier or more reps if you are fresh vs after carido without any direct overlap of muscles used.

the cardio is taking away bloodflow to repair/recuperate the muscles that were used.
less is focused on whatever you are lifting with.
athletic performance this may be a relevant thing to train.
purely strength training, better to not do cardio before lifting.

Do cardio after yoga

In that case is it a judgement call, like it depends on what you're going for? Because I definitely want to be stronger, but I do want to be as in shape as I can be.
Eh, I'd rather just focus on the yoga for now. Once I can run more and do a full session of yoga comfortable I'll reassess what I want to do

I did cardio before for so long but I never knew it had an effect on each other.

Lifts and cardio will be 1000% better if you lift first.

How would i integrate cardio into phraks greyskull routine without messing with recovery? Im sick of gassing in between my sets.

Wut? You do the cardio after the yoga, it's not taking your focus away from anything. It seems like you just don't want to run, and should stop coming up with excuses. You can run when you get up, in the afternoon, on your day off. If you realky want to it, you'd do it. Just keep doing it after weights and you'll be fine.

This. You will be all limbered up and already have a sweat on if you're doing harder stuff. This is the way to go.

It's not that I don't want to run, it's that I don't want to overdo it at this stage where I'm trying to get back into the habit of working out again. Basically I'm trying to build some momentum, start feeling comfortable and see some results, then start turning it up. I could go balls to walls if I wanted too but I want to get back into the flow of going to the gym and all that first before piling on work out after work out

fat

Not at all actually

Sounds like an excuse to me ;) and if you have all the answers why make the thread

Better to do cardio post lifting. I usually opt for 30 minutes of the bike or elliptical after each lifting day.

Why would you come here for advice about not making progress if you admit you are going easy on yourself? You obviously aren't overtraining so if you still can't figure out how to make more progress, there are 3 basic things you can do:
1. train harder
2. eat better
3. sleep more