Realistically what is so unhealthy about hamburgers?

Realistically what is so unhealthy about hamburgers?
You get a perfectly reasonable portion of bread, vegetables, dairy and protein all in one meal

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwilyf2g8JzXAhVEwlQKHYaCCysQtwIIKDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwO855GU01Q&usg=AOvVaw0reNnb3Ww9T92jXKTU9BzK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Enriched flour

Take away the bread and it's really not bad for you.

Just make your own buns or get them from a real bakery instead of the supermarket.

I buy wheat bread from the store is that ok?

Shittier meat
White candy bread
Need a lot more greens than (at most) one or two tiny pieces of lettuce

They're usually enriched unless you get a more specialty one. Gluten-free ones are just because they don't contain wheat flour, and that's the stuff that has to be enriched.

Organic whole wheat bread products are sometimes made with unenriched flour.

Enriched isn't too terrible. Looking at the labels and seeing the macros, micros and fiber is more important than whether or not it uses enriched flour.

Much saturated fat
The burger sauce is usually riddled with sugar
Still eat burgers every other day cuz america

>get 96% lean beef
>270ish calories for 8 ounces
>get cheap buns
>110 calories per bun
>2 slice american cheese
>100cal
>Mustard, ketchup
>20cal

Thats a huge burger for only 500cal. This is how I make them and its easy to get it to fit my calories and macros.

I disagree.

Fortification with synthetic Folic Acid is a relatively new thing and was only implemented because deficiencies can cause serious problems like birth defects. This doesn't mean that the long-term effects are known.

Now there are people with genetic mutations who have problems with utilization of the synthetic folic acid, and consumption of the synthetic can give them problems utilizing natural Folate as well.

Sure, correcting birth defects is good, but if you make sure to include folate in your diet, it seems like the better bet to me to avoid the synthetic because it can block the utilization of Folate. Again, it's relatively new and the full effects aren't really known, including how it may be inferior to folate or have side effects.

Also, I have to wonder if some people who "feel better" from going gluten free, but aren't celiac or leaky gut are actually just feeling better from avoiding synthetic fortification. Practically all wheat products are fortified whether you're buying in store or eating out.

I think I heard about this once before but it wasn't explained as well. It makes sense though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that bakeries also use enriched flour. It's very unlikely you will find a bakery that doesn't, even if you're looking for one.

>96% lean beef
>a good burger

Pick one

>Shittier meat
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

>Much saturated fat
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

Relatively high calorie, so similarly to pizza it gets a bad rap because fatasses gorge themselves on them

Ground beef is often as cheap as it is, because it's made from inferior cuts and scraps

That shit falls apart.

>you can eat a hamburger without the bun and it's healthy
That almost brought a tear to my eye. Best news I've heard in a while.

What about pico de relato for buns?

so literally a steak with salad?

gotta be 100% whole wheat

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwilyf2g8JzXAhVEwlQKHYaCCysQtwIIKDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwO855GU01Q&usg=AOvVaw0reNnb3Ww9T92jXKTU9BzK

>96% lean

stop posting

Nothing bad about burgers. Its the fast food that is bad since the ingridients are unhealthy and low quality. Buy 100% whole wheat buns (fast food buns = candy bread literally) , go to a local butcher shop , select some high quality meat and ask the butcher to grind it for you. Grill your own burger meat. Fast food meat is made of leftovers. One burger can contain different piece from up to 50 cows or more. Put some fresh veggies and you are good to go. Cheese is optional for course. But you can always buy some real cheese instead of the this plastic crap they put on fast food chain burgers

Not terrible, use a whole wheat bun and it’s pretty decent.

Causes inflammation, bad for aging, your heart, and causes brain fog. Good on a macro level minus white bread, if thats all you care about, and not long term health(alz. Disease, dementia, heart attacks, etc). Just eat fish bro

Or chicken

>dairy
>meat
>healthy
what in the barnacles did he mean by this

I eat Turkey burgers on whole wheat alot I know it's not the same but it's close enough for me. I usually do sliders and eat make 8 from a pound, and eat some on burger and otthers I tear up to put in eggs or into sloppy Joes.

>Realistically what is so unhealthy about hamburgers?

the fact that people eat way too many of them
they also usually come with fries and coke

If your using good meat, bread, salat, etc. there's nothing wrong with it.

If you get your burger at McDonalds where it's filled to brim with fat, sugar, salt and flavour enhancement there's a lot wrong with it.

Mix in an egg and some blended oats to help it stick homie

Switch out the regular bun with a potato patty or sticky rice bun (Sushi rice for example)