How long have you been vegan Veeky Forums?

it's been 1.5 years for me,

feel amazing.

tfw
- mental clarity
- clear skin
- never lethargic
- massive shits

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rc2oizSsmUs
bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/vegan-diet-healthy-kids
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zero.

4 days.

third year you'll crash

Went for 2 months, but reintroduced quark in my diet because vegan foods were too low protein, there's too little variety (I was eating beans 24/7), too low calorie density (I had to eat 2-3 kg of bland tasting food), and soy yogurt or mock meats are too expensive (3x the price of animal products). I tried pea and rice protein and they both tasted so bad that I made a reddit account just to give them away because I didn't want to throw them in the garbage. With quark at least I drop my budget a lot and I can eat everything now like fruit, pasta, pb etc.
Kudos to everyone who pulls through though.
>That pic
Cringe

post current body

Wtf is quark you salad loving fag

Stop murdering plants

Just out of curiosity I eat 40-50g of fibre a day and I shti 3-5 times a day. I've seen some of the vegan guys here eat 90 and one guy said 140g.

Do you guys never leave the toilet or is the shit toilet clogging tier?

people think it's annoying because it's attacking their "right" to eat meat, but the meat industry is actually super disgusting, fucked up, and fucking up the environment. I eat meat but I'm not going to ignore the facts. Maybe one day we'll be able to 3D print it with prime selects of wagyu beef and meat will reach perfection.

HUARH UAR HUAR STOD MUADARING PWANTS HAW HAAW HAW IM SEW FENNY HAARAW HAW HAW I MAAKE DA FUNNEH JAOKE BCOD I KHANT HENDAL FAACTS DAT I SEWPORT ANIMUL KREWLTY HAW HAW IM DOOOOOE FENNEH

Your mum's pussy juice
My daily shitting frequency is =(40/grams fiber eaten) so if I eat a lot of junk and only get 40ish grams I'll ship once, usually I eat 80ish grams and shit twice,when I was full vegan and ate almost only beans I went up to 100-110 some days and I shat 3 times.
But no toilet clogging whatsoever, and actually the more fiber I get the faster it passes and the easier the clean up is. When I was full vegan the first wipe was clean and popping was over in seconds, I didn't need my phone even. Now that I started some dairy, it still passes very fast due to the fiber but I need to wipe as much as when I ate meat (5-6 times)

You forgot the part where you have to supplement with B12

You literally have an insufficient diet if you need to supplement.

Congrats at failing at the most basic task a human has, feeding yourself.

spot on, vegans do the best shits

>you have to supplement with B12
*Only if you don't get it from fortified milks, cereals, mock meats etc.

I eat meat a few times a week, i have tried to cut back over the past year but I usually lose focus and end up eating meat a lot

Plants don't have a central nervous system you fucking retard

or seaweed or fermented foods

Been vegan for 2 years. Never had to supplement. Get plenty of B12 from seaweed, yeast, plant milk, mock meats. Where do you think animals get it from, retard?

>be vegan
>buy animal supplements
>support animal supplement companies
>animal supplement companies make more from the meat and dairy industry than anything else
I feel retarded just having to spell this out for you.

are you retarded?

the pic is to show meatcucks get secondhand B12 supplementation

discord.gg/qg6fkn

vegan brahs join the discord

if you don't have an account make one

>Be meat eater
>The implication that the livestock I consume are supplemented with B12 in their feed flies over my head because all the cholesterol and saturated fats in my diet have clogged by brain arteries
>My head is so far up in my ass with arrogance that I think I am smarter than all the vegans on earth, they couldn't possibly have thought of buying vegan (bacteria derived) B12
>Life is good

kekd

I'm not vegan but my diet is plant-based and I've never felt better in my life, I remember when I began lifting it was just chicken, pasta, onion, garlic and red peppers with mayo(christ)

only meat I have to get at least frequently is fish and/or seafood, sometimes egg and frequently dairy

I'm tired of chicken and red meat I never felt the need to eat minus rare occasions, I much prefer hunting meat but it's really hard to get here
Would eat more meat if I could get it from biologic sources like I do for my eggs but I live in an ex fish village.

post body

constant post body comments just make you look like a fag bro

take it easy

Not really, trying to force meme shit on a fitness board (not health since forever) does.

tell that to lifelong vegans and vegan bodybuilders

top kek

>not health since forever
That means "stop posting your cock and asking what those warts are and how to treat them", it doesn't mean "BACON AND BUTTER FOR BIG MUSCLES LMAO', you retard

You're dumb as a rock, ain't ya?

>0 images found
looks like he did

Thanks for your non-contribution

argument destroyed in one picture
>non-contribution
what did he mean by this?

2 months now. I honestly did not believe people who told me the benefits might be this big.

Dude my acne is almost gone, my skin is actually smooth!!!!, I smell so much better, I feel like I'm becoming a power horse, better sleep anbd probably more I can't think of right now.

I'm not actually "vegan", I just eat a whole food plant based diet. Shit is just fucking amazing and I would recommend anyone to try it. Its so fucking good that I'm shaking while I type this.

Guys really, try it, just fucking try it. You got nothing to lose!!!
Again, I'm talking about a whole food plant based diet, not a vegan diet.

>argument destroyed in one picture
Argument reinforced*
>what did he mean by this?
That you proved my point. Your picture basically translates to:
bean paste, seeds, beans, seeds, grains, greens
beans, beans, overpriced faux meat unless you've got the time, space and oven to cook it yourself, grains, fermented beans, beans,
beans, beans, ?, nuts, beans, seeds
Zero variety and you barely scrape by in protein.
also lmao at quinoa, almonds, oats, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter and flax as protein sources, the highest is spinach at 30% with a ridiculously low caloric density and everything else is 13% protein at best.
And I haven't even touched the taste, texture and convenience yet, we're still only at "variety".
Or, I can eat a tub of quark a day and eat any other plant food I like such as fruits, oils and spaghetti, because the cheap AF quark is offsetting their low protein content.

I bought a huge bag of kale. I've read that it's bitter and I should steam it. Tell me what else to add on to make it taste amazing.

Well done user. It's amazing that some don't see the overwhelming evidence that vegan diets are healthier in every way.
Also if you're not familiar with the animal cruelty side of being veg, I'd highly recommend watching this:
youtube.com/watch?v=rc2oizSsmUs

is tracking micronutrients a meme or not?
not sure if im getting enough and if RDA apply to someone that lifts 5x week or that soon will also do kickboxing

track them for a while, so you get an understanding of it

what app is this?

cronometer. It's like MFP but all foods listed have complete nutritional info

cronometer, not an app
See here, made this for user yesterday
I lazily put random foods at 1-2-3 cup amounts (no weird obscure veggies, no shady weight minmaxing to hit everything, but no processed junk) and got almost everything green

it's also a website

I honestly don't care that much about animals in general. I care about the planet and my own health, so my reasons are different from most vegans I guess.

Besides my 2 year old shoes, I have no other animal product in use so you can technically call me vegan if you want.

well I'm not from the US and it seems it doesn't have database from foods from here and it's pretty weird how for example, 100g of whole wheat pasta is different in the package I'm getting and the data of cronometer, in calories and some minor in protein or carbs

no idea about the mciros since they dont show

it shouldn't be more than 5-10% off unless you choked and confused the "cooked pasta" entry with the "dry pasta" data from the pasta box. I'm not from the US either but it's never been disappointingly innacurate when comparing labels and entries.

>eats “mock” foods.

Calls others retarded.

Topkek you walking meme.

Low on the test there meatcuck?

>cancer free protein
>retarded

lel meatcucks

There's a study stating that people who come from or have been on a vegan diet for long periods have changed their dna JUUUUUST enough so that using saturated fats/vegetable oils increases inflamation which has lead to a major spike in cancer and diabetes.
Oh and vegan diets for children is considered child abuse in most first world nations.

>no sauce
>wrong
HAHAHAHA

It was posted on fit the other day
Secondly, yes it is. Feeding a child a strict vegan diet is considered child abuse.

source retard

bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/vegan-diet-healthy-kids
Every site on google says it's perfectly fine. Maybe your parents abused you nutritionally, that doesn't mean vegans will do the same.

- Vegans have higher test

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

srsly stop making claims without providing proof

>vegans actually obtain 70% more protein than required per day
when on a bulk if i eat 1.2g of protein per lb of bodyweight i will need about 228g of protein at 190lbs, thats about what i eat without effort and without whey protein.
eating a vegan diet to get the same 228g of protein i would get at least 400g of carbs with much more food. to get 70% more than that i would need a fuck ton of food
also
>sesame seeds, quinoa, spinach, oatmeal, flax seed amaranth
>implying i would eat 1kg of food on every meal to reach my protein goals

155g of edamame = 17g of protein 15g carbs and 8g of fat
155g of tilapia fish = 40g protein 0 carbs 4g fat
see what i mean? with 100g of fish on my meals i reach my protein goals along with beans+rice+veggies

"You forgot the part where you have to supplement with iodine

You literally have an insufficient diet if you need to supplement.

Congrats at failing at the most basic task a human has, feeding yourself."

This is how stupid you are. Check your salt. Some niggahs 100 years ago saw that if a diet is deficient in something cheap and easy too add, you just add it through fortified food. And somehow that's too hard for you to understand.

600g of organic edamame is $2 at Trader Joe's. Compare to 1 tilapia fillet.

i can pay for it, my problem is with the ammount of food i would eat as a vegan
also 250g fish = 600g edamame protein wise

Can anyone fill me in on the current vegan stereotypes?
Sometimes they're "Vegans are fat" and sometimes "Vegans are too thin".
Also, what about food? Sometimes it's "Vegan food isn't filling enough im hungry all time" and sometimes it's "Vegan food's too filling, i lose too much weight".

Changes so much it's hard to keep up

90g is a tilapia fillet. Each of which is, what?, $4?
Also mass fishing kills dolphins and shit.

Is it true that vegans can photosynthesize after being vegan for 5 years?

i buy 1kg of tilapia fresh tilapia for $5,00 i buy it at a market near where i park my boat

I was too poor to eat meat. Recently I was able to eat meat more often and I've never felt this good before.

Yet vegans never post bodies with timestamp. You'd think that if their diet was really so great for fitness they would be proud to show the results. It's almost like vegans on Veeky Forums are skinny and weak and know it and so refuse to post pics of themselves.

no one is taking pics for you bro

No one wants your vegan bullshit here either, but you keep pushing it hard as fuck.
Not even the keto faggots shill as hard as you people are.

He's right though

suggestion just for you brah

Catalog > Filters > Add > Vegan* > Hide > Save

>Tell me what else to add on to make it taste amazing.

Fucking nothing. Kale tastes significantly worse than almost all other leafy greens and is best used sparingly in winter soups. Protip: superfoods are a marketing strategy.

It's whatever is convenient for the argument

>Fucking nothing.
I just added salt
>Kale tastes significantly worse than almost all other leafy greens
Lol, definitely not. Tastes exactly between broccoli and lettuce, closer to lettuce
>and is best used sparingly in winter soups.
Thanks for the idea bruh
>Protip: superfoods are a marketing strategy.
Yeah but it's cheap, has 1:1 protein/carbs and it's full of fiber and vitamins (250 g of the stuff put me over 1500% on some vitamins on cronometer)

This
kale tastes like a hobos asshole

There's shitloads of fit vegans. A lot of which have been vegan since a young age. You'd be retarded to assume you can't get proper nutrition from plants.

This is infuriating. Cronometer's info for raw/dry black beans doesn't match the nutritional label on my food at all. 38g of black beans should be 70 calories but Cronometer says it's nearly twice that. Help.

Did the checking for you
Cronometer says 340 kcal per 100 grams dry
Trust cronometer. Generally, all beans are around 330-350 kcal and all grains (oats, rice, pasta etc) are 370ish kcal/100grams.
Maybe your label lists nutrient info for cooked product.

yes

>1:1 protein/carbs and it's full of fiber and vitamins

You read that in cosmo?

kek

On the nutrition label bruv
Sorry your tastebuds have fallen for the jew's proccessed trickery and you compulsively feel the need to hate kale

>click vegan shill thread
>scroll through entire thread
>not a single vegan physique is posted
everytime. why won't vegans show their phsyique, Veeky Forums? what are they ashamed of?
>inb4 someone posts the physique of some roider fitness model who just turned vegan last week

BEAN TIERLIST
1. Black Beans
2. Butter beans
3. Mung Beans
4. Kidney Beans

Chickpeas/garbanzo is probably best if it counts as bean.

(btw, try humus with mung beans instead of chickpeas it's really good)

lel bro that's every thread on fit

I hate beans

awful

Black and kidney are identical though

I don't know what all those hipster beans are. I mix up black, red kidney, navy, and pinto. Pinto has the least protein though. The top beans are black and kidney since they have 9g protein per serving.

Fucking buzzfeed soy boys just want to steal everyones gains by making people eat grass

Oh didn't know that. Apparently they're both Phaseolus vulgaris-beans. But their texture, taste and stats are still different.

Thanks for teaching me something new friendo!

lentils master race

Trying making it to a spread then. Mix a can of kidney beans, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, some lemon, olive oil, salt and peber. It's cheap, easy, fast and pretty good stats.

White beans make it taste better, but they're a bit less common/cheap.

Ey red lentils lets go. Dal is great.
You can use red lentils for hummus too actually

Is this normal? Something doesn't seems correct with Cronometer's measurements.

this makes me sad