I met a girl at the gym and I'm taking her for dinner tonight. I've never been on a date before...

I met a girl at the gym and I'm taking her for dinner tonight. I've never been on a date before, what should I do Veeky Forums ?

Also she apparently already likes me so I'm just focusing on not fucking it up

Keep eyecontact but not in a retarded stare way
Be calm and not a spastic
that's about it

Don't ramble about yourself, ask about her and be attentive. Also if you make a stupid joke and she laughs at it, you're in.

Lots of eye contact.
Let her do the talking
Mentally prepare a list of questions to ask her (like if shes ever been travelling or has a favorite movie) shit like that.
Walk her to her door and tell her you had a great time, then give her a kiss goodnight. If youre too pussy to do it properly at least on the cheek.

You're welcome

talk like a normal person and don't overanalyse
make physical contact
try to enjoy yourself instead of pleasing the girl

t. gfless guy

I've realized if you want to really win over a girl, dont be too overly interested and stay calm and collected. I don't know why this works but it does

Imo dinner is the worst place for a first date. Unless youre a really smooth talker there will be awkward silences. Better do something fun together

Stay off your phone. Be yourself.

And what gfless guy said.

>You're welcome
cringe

just B.E yourself

just b urself

Thanks for the advice boys. What about taking her for drinks after the meal ??

act like spongebob
It's like muscle confusion, if you can confuse her enough she'll grow on you

Be yourself, talk about what u/she likes, make some jokes here and there, just relax and have a good time

overly interested just means thirsty, which is a turn-off. Just be cool widdit mayne. Also, if you're walking up some stairs together, go first and extend your hand for her to grab; if she does, you're on the right path

>Also if you make a stupid joke and she laughs at it, you're in.
Wait a minute... Not OP but there are chicks who do this all the fucking time. I'll say something not even remotely funny (like "wow professor ___ seemed tired today") and they'll laugh for a solid 5-7 seconds while making eye contact. DID I MAKE IT???

it's solid advice man

have fun, be a person

you're stellar bro, just do you and try to relax

go for it

and update us motherfucker

Try to stay relaxed. Talk about simple things, don't go into much depth about anything, don't offer any opinions other than the most bland normalfag ones you can muster. If you feel like you don't really know the difference between a normalfag opinion and a weirder one, then play it safe and dont offer opinions. Tell a few jokes and try to get her to laugh at least once.

Early in the date be sure to break eye contact and bashfully admit that it's your first date. Maybe throw in a self depreciating quip about "better late than never" here, presuming you are actually 18+ like you're supposed to be. Don't get carried away, you don't want to come across as fishing for pity, just show a tiny bit of humanizing vulnerability and adorkability(grills eat this shit up,so long as you don't overshoot into patheticness)

This is a first date, she's just there to feel out wether you're insane and to get some free food. Don't try and rush and get boyfriend-y at this point. Just take it easy and chat about bland stuff.

Be yourself. Unless people don't like you. Then be someone else

Overthinking it

I feel like this is way too much to think about, it goes against what others are saying with "be chill"

pre-rehearsed shit is usually a bad idea, if it's not organic then it usually won't come across as organic

plus no real reason to bring up that it's your first date. If it comes up then she won't be weirded out by it as long as you aren't weird about it, since people don't do traditional dates as much anymore

"Be chill" and "be yourself" are only useful advice for non-autismos whose normal relaxed self falls within normal behavior. Why would you assume that to be the case about posters on one if Veeky Forums's more grognardy boards?

Other than the "shyly admit its your first date" stuff, these are the things "be chill" actually means. If this isn't the behavior you naturally default too then being yourself will just being pain.

rage on her and then rape her in public.

yes, like take her to a strip club and insult her looks.

Tough shit. Truth is, you're going to get rejected a lot.
So yes op might fail because acting chill is hard but maybe the next time he knows what he did wrong and succeeds.
Seduction and flirting is a learning process, betaness is not something that's stuck in your brain forever.

Dress nicely, clean up (shave/trim), shower, cologne and deodorant, bring some extra cash, and the most important part is to let yourself be yourself. People can see through facades and it makes you look beta as fuck trying to be someone else. Don't rule to conversation too hard, be okay with silence once in a while if it's not awkward, and ask questions about them.

>mfw had a girlfriend and made stupid jokes constantly
>mfw she always looked at me ilike had done some srs fucked up shit, ALWAYS!!!

its higher than you think

Yep congrats go get it brother

Only advice I can give is have some backup topics of conversation. Speaking as someone who was fairly autistic in my teen years one of the most stressful things is silence on a dinner date.

vagina is just below the belly button

Yes, that's why I spelled out instructions for how to actually behave instead of saying "lol, b urself". You can't self improve unless you know what doing it right looks like.

In the most unironic and non-meme way, just be yourself and be in the moment.

If you enter the date in the mindset of trying to impress or being worried about the outcome, it's gonna show. Do and say what you want to, enjoy yourself, and if it's ever gonna work between you two then she'll be enjoying herself too. Of course you want to banf, but that's a constant. Work towards it naturally, but don't approach it with the frame of mind of a pass or fail women can sense if you are desperate for a lay and prefer men who have (or at least act like they have) options.

If you are making an obvious joke most people will give a fake laugh to be polite. I mean how many people are gonna just stare blank faced making you feel like the biggest retard ever after telling a dumb joke.

>If this isn't the behavior you naturally default too then being yourself will just being pain.
This is a behavior you can learn. It's called getting out of your comfort zone. You can literally learn "to b urself"

A checklist of things and strategies will only get you so far.

There is nothing to do, life takes care of itself. She obviously likes you. Just relax and bee yourself.

Essentially the be yourself meme and the other stuff this guy said is the only thing worth saying.
Chicks aren't robots that analyze the words you say or how you act and give a pass fail rating.
If she likes you she can look past minor quirks or if you're nervous, it's called empathy.

Eat the ass

Don't eat a lot of cheese.

>This is a behavior you can learn. It's called getting out of your comfort zone. You can literally learn "to b urself"
And the things I suggested are the first things to start practising. Learning, shockingly enough, involves actually learning. You've got to put in the work and these are good first things to learn.

>A checklist of things and strategies will only get you so far.
True enough, but an in explained catchphrase will take you literally nowhere.

Women never shut up, just ask questions about whatever garbage she's ejaculating and make jokes from time to time. Drop the roofie as you're paying the bill so you can still get her in the taxi and tell her to drink up as you're leaving. Remember to spill alcohol all over her /her bed so that her side isn't taken seriously.

>thinking drenching her with alcohol will avoid you getting charged

been stuffing my face with cheese for the last hour Why didnt you comment sooner

Don't tell me how to date rape you little shit I've been zippity zopping since before you were born.

No because you're fucking autistic

Worst place is a movie theatre, dinner is only bad if you're not good at carrying conversations with strangers. Good places are ones where you always have something new to talk about whenever a silence comes up, like the zoo or a museum or an art gallery or some sort of physical activity like hiking, depending on what she's like. That way if you get lost for something to say you just move on to the next animal/painting or whatever and take it from there.

I do this all the time

Don't pay for her

flex a cep

how tall are you?

Back in the old days, before the dykes and virtue signaling chicks who played up their inability to get dick as a good thing took over, it was understood that a nice dinner equaled at least a blowjob or letting a man rawdog fuck her till she passes out cumfilled and her legs couldn't stop shaking

This is the bad timeline.

Pretty much. If you’re trying to run away from your flaws and humanness you will always be in a perpetual state of avoidance, thinking that a girl can’t like you because you’re a little awkward, or afraid is a load of bullshit. I’m friends with chads and I’ve seen them all out of their element, having bad nights, afraid or upset. It’s perseverence that women like, it shows courage and acceptance.

I've dropped too many Veeky Forums memes around my gf and now she calls me a fucking jew when she's mad

She sounds like a keeper

In other words the less you care the more they want you, just be yourself you dont want her liking someone youre not.