Want to get better at running

>want to get better at running
>set a goal
>go for 3-5 days a week
>achieve goal in 3 months

How much do I need to run each week to maintain the level I have achieved? I don’t really want to keep going every morning in addition to my weightlifting in the evenings, would 2 days a week work? Its not like I accomplished anything major, just 3 miles in 24 minutes or 2 miles in 14 minutes.

I was thinking one day a week of each type should be good enough for me to maintain. What does Veeky Forums think?

Running is gay

Once you reach that goal you can easily maintain it by doing one of each every week. I'm assuming you're in otherwise good shape.

Yea I am, I had already been lifting weights and I deduced I wanted to get a decent baseline for my cardio so I set up some goals of what I think is acceptable cardio. It just sucks waking up early to run before work then going to lift weights after work.

You can't run after lifting?

Not him.
Ive done this, works ok.. would do again, esp. if just maintaining is the goal

>running after doing leg day

You faggots obviously dont go hard enough on your legs.

Why should I car about cardio if I look in shape? Seriously, how would it actually benefit me?

It will make looking like you're in shape easier it will also help you live longer and live better.
You don't need much more then 20 minutes of jogging every 3-4 days

IIRC cardiovascular gains can start deteriorating after a week. When I ran, i was easily able to maintain running 3 times a week. Its basically like lifting.

proof? im not doubting you I would just like to see

I got from couch potato to 20k in one year running only once a week. occasionally I ran a second time.

Once a week will be fine.

You are probably a skelly

>How much do I need to run each week

running is for people trying to get away from their problems.

chubby 1m68 75kg manlet

Walk every day. Walk.

Run when you feel like, but stop before you want to.

Vary your pace and the surface and the terrain. Trails sometimes, roads sometimes, hills sometimes, running track sometimes. Fast sometimes, sprint sometimes, slow sometimes.

This is horrible advice. Anyone who can run and is worried about keeping there endurance is way ahead of walking.

Walking can be done everyday and will keep you damned fit.
Making it a hard rule that they have to walk for at least 30 minutes and occasionally jog or run as fast or as long as they want allows people the flexibility to go at their own pace.
It also garauntee's that they'll run a lot more and jog a lot more.

I actually sort of agree with this. I ran cross country and track in high school, and I've still managed to keep running for ten years.

When I feel like stopping then I will walk the rest of the way home.

Yesterday I ran 4 miles, and today I ran about 2.5 and walked the 1.5.

You will lose fitness if you don't keep up the volume, theres no way to avoid losing it.

If you stopped completely you would notice loss in fitness after a week. If you ran 3 times a week you would lose fitness but it would be slow. 2 days a week is iffy. 1 day and you will lose your fitness very fast.

Wait I think
Cardio/aerobic/endurance fitness drops off after 10-14 days
Strength after 2-3 weeks
Mass after 2-3 weeks

You want to play the long game.

This is bullshit, if you just run once a week and maintained your ability level you would not lose any performance.

how much can usain bench?

Your mum

2 days a week is fine. I do marathons and ironmans, and 1 long slow run, and 1 tempo per week is enough to maintain my base. You will need to do race specific training if you race.

How much bench can you say in ?