Next gym is a 2 hrs carride away

Next gym is a 2 hrs carride away.
i am too poor ro buy weights and got no space for them.

So the question is:
What do you guys think about bodyweighttraining?

Other urls found in this thread:

beastskills.com/one-arm-pushup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stick to your vidya, fat faggot

all the guys I know that does bodyweight and calisthenisics are closet fags and vegetarians. I still hang out with some of them and don't know why they won't admit they're gay. I would understand and be supportive

c'mon user, don't discourage him

fuck that, pussy can't deal with 2 hours to go to the gym but can spend hours on hours sitting on his fat ass playing xbox?
i don't wanna hear it.

Its better than nothing

>no space for dumbbells
Do you live in a fucking broom closet or something

>canceled gym years ago because it is unsustainable in the long run
>100 hspu a day and a good diet
>looking and feeling better than ever

sometimes go to a real gym, doing gymnastics, now can meme on gymrats doing somersaults and handsprings

like this user said, get the most out of it

>doing gymnastics
lol

You mean poor and dumb. You got shit for cash but you still bought and mantain some shitty car.

coming from fatass land, when I landed my first backflip I almost broke down crying. PRs never felt that good

that's cool, did you cry first time you took it up the ass too?

2 hrs away ? do you live in the sticks or something ? Chop wood, just go out and chop wood for hours, pull ups from trees, sprints up hills, compound bow hunting..if you live in the 'burbs move closer to a gym

>too poor to buy weights
>can afford (((gym))) membership

What routine did you follow?

Do calesthetics if you really can’t get a membership from close by
> warriors didn’t have gyms

it's good, a bit lacking in the leg department and you might need to buy some weight eventually when you hit a plateau

just make sure you don't fall into circuit training memey workouts and actually take it seriously (Overcoming Gravity is a good book, I've heard good things about foundations)

hahahaha act tougher

i was there clapping and cheering you on too

buy pull up bar + 40kg set of dumbbells, all you really need desu. you wont get hueg by any means, but there will deffo be improvement.
of course, if fat; fix diet. if skelly; fix diet.

You won’t get super strong but you’ll look aesthetic and be stronger than any untrained

There is a shitload in potential in calisthenics for upper body, not so much for the legs. Find a good routine and you’ll get strong as shit, also if you get into it buy rings for push ups, dips and rows. You won’t get much volume tho, except if you do weighted calisthenics (weight vest, dips belt or even a backpack will do)

Shitload OF* potential, sorry

I'll be real with ya. Get into cardio. Start running or biking. It will help you get fit and ride around in the rural area in which it sounds like you live in.

I disagree man, maybe not as much potential as lifting weight but pistol squats are an option + can hold heavy shit while doing them

>Pushups.
Do some everyday.

>spotted the /v/irgin

it will make you look really good, not really big, but really good, do it with some cardio like burpees and stuff, they are a lot of bodyweight stuff that is great, diamond pushups, pull ups, etc

Not OP, but I do a lot of calisthenics in addition to my regular training.

I've got a 10kg weighted vest and I just doesn't do shit anymore for push ups, even when I have my feet elevated.
Since it already nearly touches the ground when I do a wide stance, I don't think I can improve with vests anymore.

What do you recommend?

You’re right, I meant “compared to weightlifting”

The trick in calisthenics is progression; try diamond push ups, then you can try a bunch of things until you master them all: PPPU, rings push ups, one arm push ups are all way harder than regular push ups (hardest being PPPU). These are all prowess of strength. What I’m doing right now is handstand push ups, it’s a different style but are extremely hard too.

Lastly, look into dips and L-sit dips, they target the same muscles and are also harder (especially on rings)

PPPU?
Any advice on 1 arm PU? I’m managing 3x4 each arm atm but form is sloppy and I can’t progress

I'm currently doing diamond with weights and working on learning one armed. PPPU is just hand on hip height, right?

Will do the HSPU at the weekend with a mate spotting me for fun.
Unfortunately I cant hang up any rings, would love to have some at home. Been trying with balancing on standing dumbbells and stuff like that.

>find heavy rock
>pick heavy thing up
>put it back down

for extra gainz
>find heavier rock

Exactly, and the goal is to achieve a plank push up

beastskills.com/one-arm-pushup/

Planche*

Don’t you have a pull up bar to hang them to ? That does the trick for most exercices

I actually do, never thought of that.
Thanks!

This unironically.
If people can get buff as shit in solitary confinement, you can find some milk jugs and fill them with sand.

i didn't mean it ironically, but i can see the humor behind it

realistically, the only things barbells and dumbbells give you over say, a rock, are weight specificity, and ease of access for proper form