So I should clarify, first of all, that I have already lost 40lbs so far. I figure this is something to be proud of...

So I should clarify, first of all, that I have already lost 40lbs so far. I figure this is something to be proud of. Second of all, I have no real dietary experience and I mainly just counted calories to lose that 40lbs.

I started boxing again too and got to the lowest weight I've been since puberty (87.5kg) however I began to plateau there and now I weighed in at 90.0kg. Though I look much better than when I first got down to 90kg.

This has coincided with trying to eat more meat(protein).

Could it be possible I've over eaten and thus gained 2.5kg in little more than 2 weeks?

I'm rather worried about this as I need to get to 81kg and Christmas is just round the corner.

Can I have some tips and experiences with losing weight without using hypertrophy routines.

I'm debating trying a keto diet as I've heard a lot about that but it was intermittent fasting that made me hit the plateau in the first place so I worry about these things

And, lastly, considering pic related is me at 183cm and 90kg, what is my body fat % and will I be able to healthily lose that last 10kg?

Sorry about the gargantuan size. My phone doesn't make editing easy.

read the sticky

Thats for hypertrophy guys.

I'm not allowed to do hypertrophy routines.

what the fuck are you talking about retard?

Why on earth are you looking to lose another 10kg you’ll be super small.

Just start lifting and bulk up

You're retarded. Stop wasting peoples time.

>This has coincided with trying to eat more meat(protein)

Because I want to fight at 81kg. 183cm is quite short for fightinh at cruiser weight.

Ideally I wanted to get to 81kg, try and bulk up in muscle to 84kg and then stay there, using sweat suits and cardio to make weight after that.

I want to lose weight without using hypertrophy routines.

So do cardio? Exercise more? What do you want people to say..? There's nothing magical about lifting weights or cardio, it burns calories, one stimulates muscle building more.

I'll reiterate, you're wasting peoples time. You don't understand anything so read the sticky and fuck off with your irritating post.

How the fuck is this so hard to comprehend?

I have received innumerable warnings about lifting from my coaches. Many have even said I should purely do cardio.

Reading the sticky, yes I fucking read it, has made clear that I should do weights. I'm literally just asking for routines and advice used by people who need a body their body to be explosive for sport as opposed to strong for lifting more weights.

Jesus Christ. If there is a part of the sticky hidden away that focuses on exercise routines specifically for athletes then I'll eat my words.

However all I've see for suggestions have been 5x3s and general strength training. Literally advice for guys who's sole intention is, understandably, looking good.

Is this the wrong board? Are you guys only really a body building, aesthetics board?

Switch "coaches". God damn. You're no athlete.

So please, my man, educate me on what misconceptions I've been fed.

Will my mobility differ depending on the sets/reps balance? Is cardio as bad for losing weight compared to lifting as the sticky makes out? Are there good resources that you use being an athlete yourself?

K I did Muay Thai for 3 years then boxed at university. The programs I followed were completely different.

For Muay Thai, my gym advocates running every day and every session. 8 klicks in the morning, 3 klicks afternoon. Weight will drop. No strength training except shadow boxing with weights. Bag work and pad work will give your moves power. Do 3 minutes of kicks or 5 minute explosive pads-burpees-sprints-blocks rounds and you’ll develop the needed muscles. End each training session with decline sit ups (200+) no matter how long it takes with a mate hitting your abs with a pad. Followed by 60 chin ups- more if you can. You can split it or sets they didn’t care. Jump rope if you’re free- the ropes are all ghetto made with tubes. When I went to Thailand slums, some kids squatted with rusted weights for kicks but didn’t find it necessary…more as a joke.

you're never going to be a pro boxer. you look like shit and i can tell you can't throw a proper punch.
so might as well lift.
stop being a fat faggot that does boxing for cardio, you're just wasting the trainers and the other kids that actually want to become real boxers time.

stop taking selfies and clean your fucking house, even the mirror is filthy

Look at some Gym Jones routines, its the correct way to do crossfit but a lot harder as a lot of routines are about endurance rather than bodybuilding.

And you're never going to get pussy.

T. Staunch conservative

When you ran, did you do intervals or sustained endurance running?

Gotcha. I'll check them out.

>And you're never going to get pussy.
kek, nice cope, pal.
lookin at you, i doub't you even seen a woman naked.

keep doing those crunches and push ups though, fatty.

The above advice means my MT coaches would be like “lmao farang run more”. But Veeky Forums would say it’s not sport science etc. Fair enough.

Boxing method. Weight training once a week. I shit you not my boxing captain literally advocated SS. So yea follow Veeky Forums here. For weight loss: drink more water and cut carbs out until around training sessions. I did IF 16hrs a day and supplemented protein powder + ground beef organs. HIIT instead of long runs to burn quicker.

And finally: don’t freak out about your current weight. When your coach enters your name for an amateur fight he’ll have in mind what weight you can reasonably lose. Losing 5-6 kg in the months leading up to a fight is normal, including the fake 0.5 to 2kg you lose from dehydration the day of the fight.

If you wanna compete/box/fight stop focusing on much hyperteophy,muh strength and do what your coach tells you. Don’t give a fuck what the professionals do they have entire teams watching over them. Run, do chin ups, ab work, get a good pad holder and spar like a motherfucker. You’ll lose all your weight safely and fight good no worries. Stop watching your scale out of fight season like a bulimic teenage girl. Just eat healthy and cut cheat food to a minimum.

We did sustained running. 8-10klicks sustained. Increases during fight month if you’re concerned about weight. Just go slow then let your speed build up comfortably. It helps with stamina

>never seen a woman naked
Your mother wore a kitty costume if that counts.

Appreciate this shit, thank you.

Exactly the kind of advice I was after.

>Jesus Christ. If there is a part of the sticky hidden away that focuses on exercise routines specifically for athletes then I'll eat my words.

yeah bro you started this thread mentioning losing weight and shit. You're not an 'athlete' - at least not until you stop being a chubster. Be real man - athletes look to improve performance. Your just an ordinary dude looking to shed some weight - but that's nothing to be insecure about. You need to work on expressing yourself coherently too. Sorry if that's hard to swallow but you're rambling and its very hard to understand what you are trying to say.

If you've reached a plateau while cutting consider dropping your deficit a little further. As you lose weight your bmr will drop also.
Gaining strength improves most athletic qualities. That being said, technique and good cardio are typically what boxers consider to be fundamental to their sport. Strength training will probably complement whatever you're doing though. Most boxers / mma guys do some form of "strength and conditioning" training. That being said, I don't think you should necessarily seek out a program tailored for athletes, or should you avoid doing any large amounts of volume. Given that you're having a hard time losing weight, you probably aren't doing enough to overtrain.
Maybe check out Westside for Skinny Bastards (strength training designed for high school athletes). It's actually geared towards people looking to gain mass but it'll probably be alright. Otherwise any strength training program would probably be fine. Anyway if you're boxing, weightlifting and gaining strength shouldn't really be a top priority. Focus on cardio, endurance, sparring, padwork, whatever.

>your mother wore a kitty costume if that counts.
damn, son SICK burn lolll

>fat faggot
>"boxer"
>virgin
>shit skin
>can't even banter
jealous as fuck

>spots other guys to watch their "technique"
>spends all day with a guys junk dangling over his face

Bet the musk really fires up them gaaaainz bruh.

>cant even banter
implying

Cheers lad, rambling's probably down to it being typed up on mobile.

Keto+GOMAD+SS+Tabata+Vegan high carb

>>spots other guys to watch their "technique"
>>spends all day with a guys junk dangling over his face

kek, nice try sweetie.
back to drawing board and try again, fatty.

>sweetie

Yeah

yes

>ran out of replies: the post
well, that was fun, fatty. get some rest for “boxing” tomorrow. jej

I'm not even the guy you were talking with. Just wanted to derail the argument

Wasn't an argument, just mutual shitposting.

mind you business, faggot

>mind you business

>spell checking nerd

>Cheers lad, rambling's probably down to it being typed up on mobile.

no worries bro. Basically:
>try dropping your deficit further
>any strength program will do
>focus on boxing fundamentals

also avoid all the meme diet stuff. I know there are keto / vegan / paleo shills all over Veeky Forums and elsewhere online but just ignore them. Focus on the fundamentals and try to get all your micronutrients. The effect of micronutrients on athletic performance is vastly underestimated here. For example, if you do any HIIT you should make sure to get enough magnesium because that's what your mitochondria need. Listen to podcasts featuring George Lockhart and Rhonda Patrick. Lockart is a nutritionist for mma fighters and gives out some good information, especially about nutrient timing (which is something you don't hear about in detail very often). Rhonda Patrick is an expert on micronutrients / inflammation / longevity and has a very good podcast herself.

former boxing bro here, similar size and frame to you. I pretty much gave up my boxing aspirations in my teens. There is no good weight class for naturally big guys who aren't above 6'5" im also not going to starve myself to box at cruiserweight.

>doesn't proof read and calls people nerd

What's it like being a troglodyte? I hear cave bats make great fleshlights, but I don't think their echolocation works on microscopic objects so you'll have to miss out sorry

I don't care about your opinion sorry.

>proof reading my Veeky Forums post
jej

Kek'd.

Cheers lad, lastly, what do you make of intermittent fasting?

Would you put that in the same bracket as keto, paleo, vegan etc etc? Or are you merely suggesting I keep things simple for ease of consistency?

I quit for similar reasons before but I got serious depression and gained crazy weight so I came back. In hindsight it was the most cowardly thing I ever did.

You should get back into it bro.

>I quit for similar reasons before but I got serious depression and gained crazy weight

>l-let me come back and waste everyone's time again!
f a t
f a g g o t

>Would you put that in the same bracket as keto, paleo, vegan etc etc? Or are you merely suggesting I keep things simple for ease of consistency?

Actually no, intermittent fasting is legit. Make sure you stay in a deficit though - people don't mention this but its still pretty easy to over eat in the eating window. Rhonda Patrick has spoken about intermittent fasting or time restricted feeding a lot.

Yet you'll still waste your life here ;)

so do you? damn, you got me, bud.

>lifting for sex appeal
>spends time hunting for gays on Veeky Forums

Have you already been run through by all your gym buddies?

>overeating during your window

Probably the mistake I made.

You have admitted defeat! I win another round of anonymous shit posting. I'm sorry you couldn't bear my superior wit and quips. Better luck next bout.

fuckin kek, keep coping bby.
i've been boxing while you were still stuffing your fat fucking face with doughnuts and crying about muh depression.
go play your ps4 and let the athletes box. keep your fat shitskin self at home in the dark sulking.

Nice inferiority complex ya limp dicked downie

>that much text

Touched a nerve with that one, apparently.

Go back to that blog of yours about the health benefits of guzzling semen.

>that blog of yours
says the fat retard who wrote a paragraph about how he doesn't know how to lose weight.

Yo OP, what's your cardio routine?

I come from Kickboxing & Krav Maga and we got pretty good stuff do fit your needs, I think.
First of all, it doesn't really matter if you do keto or don't.
Just be sure you eat at a slight deficit which allows you to both lose weight and have enough energy to power through the following workouts.

How often do you train per week?
With what you're trying to achieve, I'd recommend going 4x/week with a bit of strength training at the beginning and lots of calisthenics/crossfit for cardio.
You want explosive power? Get on the ground, push up with clapping, jump to standing with pulling the knees up, repeat 10 times, run to the punching bag and power for 60s.
Run back, rest for 60s while planking, repeat.
Do some sparring after that and completely empty your muscles at the end of the session.

There are tons of exercises like that, just pick what you see fit as long as it keeps you right at your limit.

Concerning your weight:
I'm not sure if you actually can lose 10kgs till christmas without hardcore fasting (which would lose you power & progress). I'm not experienced with body fat percentages, but you don't look fat enough to lose 10kg at the drop of a hat.

Maybe you'll have to see where you'll land in two months and dehydrate yourself a few days before the weigh-in, or whatever you need the static 81kg for.

That's completely irrelevant to you being told to go back to your own blog, not a Veeky Forums post, about semen guzzling.

Says the rent boy who spent an hour of his day responding to it.

>semen guzzling.
that's about the 3rd time you brought up guzzling semen. might as well act on that fantasy, faggot.

mind your business, sweetie.

>Christmas

Really just cause I know I'll be eating unhealthily during the holidays as I'm travelling to celebrate it with my extended family.

I train 3 days a week at the gym with 3 days running.

I usually run 5km's in the morning but sometimes I do sprints to mix it up.

By that logic you're fat too lad.

>sweetie
And gay.

How old are you, OP? You look like you're well into adulthood. Just letting you know that if you haven't won some local tournaments or at the very least shown serious promise by the time you're 20 there is literally no chance you're ever gonna make it in the world of professional boxing. And when I say the word "literally" I actually mean it. There is 0% chance of it happening.

And no, real life is not like a Rocky Balboa movie. You can believe in yourself all you want and be the most hard working disciplined dude in the world (which I can already tell by your first post you're not), but you are not going to catch up with the genetically gifted ghetto kids who have trained their asses off like motherfuckers since they were 5 and fought in city competitions when they were teens.

Keep doing boxing as a hobby, but if you're gonna dictate your body and aesthetics goals around it then you will have a rude awaking coming your way

Actually that was me, who is not the OK, who mentioned guzzling this time. However you seem very focused on it, are you drawn to participles pertaining to felatio?

This guy is 100% right
Don't get discouraged about getting fit though

That sounds fine, especially if you don't need to be at 81kg by christmas.

Just don't eat like a maniac, enjoy yourself and be alright with the thought that this will be setting you back for some time. But hey, a man's gotta live sometimes.

If you don't already do it, try to mix your cardio up so more muscle groups get involved. Burns more calories and overally improves your much needed muscular stamina.

To the other guys:
OP asked how to achieve his goals, not if they are smart goals.
If he wants to do boxing in his free time, why not be as good at it as he can be?

>Never go pro

Of course.

Boxing is a hobby for me, and one I enjoy dearly. I'm not planning on making a career of it. In truth, times when I've been seriously training have coincided with better grades, better job performance and better success with women.

I was fighting heavyweight white collars through out my teens but yeah, I'm not deluded about my abilities.

As for age, I'm 21.

>best at it I can be

This is my sentiment exactly.

He knows how to fucking lose weight already. The only point of this thread is that he is a depressed loser who wants us to affirm the excuses he's told himself in his head for why he has half assed everything he's ever touched. Half assed weightloss, half assed boxing, and now he wants to half ass going to the gym

I no longer suffer from depression.

mate I just reiterated having no pro chance in case there were any lingering thoughts. The thing is, competing in boxing can potentially result in serious debilitating injury (TBI's, CTE etc.). It's worth telling someone not to do something if that something could seriously fuck up their life.

It's not worth boxing unless you're getting remunerated handsomely. If you're not a successful pro then you're not going to get remunerated handsomely. If you're not a pro then its not worth fighting. Training is something else entirely though. If you enjoy it keep at it. If I were him I wouldn't actually fight though

>Brain damage

I'm well aware of this stuff. I box because I truly enjoy doing it and because it helps instill discipline to the rest of my working life.

So, when you say don't fight, I presume you mean sparring too?

>So, when you say don't fight, I presume you mean sparring too?

nah bro, just not rockem sockem robots style shit
anyway that's just my feeling. do whatever the fuck you want

>Avoid falling into gym wars
Of course, cheers dude.

Anyway, think I've got more than enough info here.

Gonna start saging from now on.

As a counterpoint. Doing boxing/MT was truly one of my life’s defining moments. It was a coming of age rite for me in hindsight, when I took my first fight. In a real competition the fear,anger, rage and killer instinct all come to the fore when you hunt your opponent down in the 4th round or so (assuming amateur).

I did triathlon, waterpolo, swimming before hand. I feel nothing has given me the confidence or direction Muay Thai ever did. Just my two cents. Tbf I come from a firmly upper middle class environment that was super competitive. Always felt that we and the people around me were a bit too…effete. Went on to box at posh British Uni. It’s defined my life even after I’ve stopped competing.

I kinda had the same problem as you (and still am). I lost like 30 pounds then plateaued (I stopped counting calories but i dont need to anymore) i only broke the plateau by lowering the deficit even more, which you should be able to do as your tdee has gone down. I then lost another 40 or so. Now I've plateaued again so I gotta lower the deficit and go hungry to lose the last 20. Just lower your calories.

pussy