Why did no one ever tell me how good water is for you?

Why did no one ever tell me how good water is for you?
I never liked the taste, so since I was like 13 I've always drank mountain dew and coke.
I gave water a try for a whole week, and I feel amazing. Is this normal?

>I gave water a try for a whole week, and I feel amazing. Is this normal?

Maybe you lived in a hard water area. I can't stomach water from my tap without flavouring added. At houses over the river I can drink their tap water.

>drinking the fizzy jew

Is this real? Are there people out there in the land of the free that don't know about water?

Thought water was boring and tasteless growing up, started drinking almost a litre an hour at some point in high school, and I've grown to absolutely love water. It actually concerns me with how little water everyone else I know drinks...

/thread

are these guys really this stupid to not drink as close to a gallon a day of water...

wtf..

eh, I drink it because I need to. I don't exactly like it but I don't hate either. It's necessary for health and weight loss

>don't like the taste
have you tried drinking water that's not from the pond down the street?

I would drink more water but I'm broke af, and bottled water isn't that cheap. I'm not entirely convinced of my tap water, and I'm afraid of getting kidney stones.

Yeah. People want that flavor satisfaction reaction in their heads. A lot of people also claim they drink a ton of water but then i go see them drinking soda or coffee all shift. In reality they dont drink that much water if they drink other beverages throughout the day. People also think they need things other than water to stay hydrated. They resort to lotions and stuff which isnt necessarily a bad idea. Truth is chugging water for one day is not enough. It takes multiple days to become hydrated. People dont understand you need to have water as your main drink everyday and you will eventually see surface changes with your hydration

Bottled water is a scam if you are not rich. You could still purchase a brita filter pitcher or something like that. Really helps on saving bills. The worst about this is you have to wait 1 minute for the water to filter down. Big deal.

needing a gallon on water a day is actually a hoax from old chain emails , u need a lot less really

>I never liked the taste, so since I was like 13 I'
'MURICANS

Drink water when your thirsty. Don’t listen to the dumb faggots saying you need a certain amount a day.

dont buy bottled water. you need to get one of those giant 5 gallon jugs and refill at the market for around $2

>refilling from the bpa jew

Kek, no thanks.

Drinking... water? Like ib´n the toilet? Why would you do such a thing?

>I gave water a try for a whole week, and I feel amazing. Is this normal?
Who in the fuck doesn't drink water. Are you serious?

If you're so concerned just get a good filter like the zero or whatever it's called.

Depends on your activity level, temperature and what you eat.

Why did no one tell me that breathing is good??

I have a female friend who actually has phobia towards water since childhood and she can't even handle touching it nor drink it. She had to drink juices and pops to hydrate. It's fucked and I feel bad

go to your nearest corner store and buy a gallon of water and just carry it around with you thruout the day

a gallon jug of water where i am is cheaper than the water bottles and you get a kickass carry handle to go with it.

Welcome to having a normal body. Try cutting soda out of your diet completely and then see how you feel

Tell her that juice is mostly water too

yes

this is no joke the reason we have such an obesity problem. Every obese person I know doesn't drink water, they only drink soda and alcohol.

Does that bitch even bathe? Lmao

Tell her to just go to therapy. It would be so easy to reintroduce her to water because it's tasteless, odourless, safe and healthy

It's not a real thing guys.

She mentioned that as long as the water is colored and has different flavor then she can drink it, she often times uses colored water flavoring stuff in it.
She is greasy often times, but she does bathe. Gives her a mild panic attack everytime apparently though.
She did go seek therapy, and she used to be a lot worse. Hope she overcome it.

>that feel when you boil a bunch of water and waiting for it to cool down to drink and your mom re-boils it and uses it to make tea

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

40 year old dude at my workplace

>doesnt like water
>exclusively drinks diet sodas/sugary water or tea/coffee with a lot of sugar
>basically toothless except for like 3-4 teeth
>breath is literally worse than dog shit.

beware waterlets, this is your future.

>Why did no one ever tell me how good water is for you?
Because that is such a simple fact that it does not seem worth mentioning.
That's like wondering
>Why did no one ever tell me how good breathing is for you?

I literally drink everyday around 500% of the daily recommended water since 15 years ago, im 30, because i have throat dessert type thing sorry dont know the word but i have to drink too much water and i cant fucking sleep with out wake up every 1 hour at night, it is a hell for years, i guess i have to stop drinking water around 20:00 to sleep well but my throat hurts then

You ever heard of taps? you don't have to wait for the cold one to cool down

I prefer the taste of boiled water, it's comfy...

This thread is just ridiculously US.

It really disturbs me that it's a fucking sensation for South Canadians to experience drinking water. Is this real life?

>these are the people giving you fitness advice

>taking advice from fit

let me let you in on a secret, bub: most people giving advice here are actively trying to hurt people with terrible advice.

>I never liked the taste, so since I was like 13 I've always drank mountain dew and coke.
what the fuck am i reading

Is this bait?

WATER is what we're SUPPOSED to drink, you mook. 'Sodas' and other shit like it are what are unnatural.

Most people I know fill the brita filter/pitcher and then refrigerate, so it's cold filtered water on demand, not waiting for it to go through the filter

Similar situation here. Now if the water is really cold I actually catch myself thinking "Christ, that's good." In the middle of drinking it. I love water so much.

>water
enjoy your xenoestrogens and man-tits

Can we talk about how wonderful these fuckers are?

I'm the opposite. From toddler age to when I was 17 I couldn't stand drinking anything other than water. My diet was fine but I just hated any other drink than just pure tap water.
Nowadays I drink alcoholic beverages and tea from time to time, but I still prefer water and water is also the only drink that can quench my thirst. Other stuff doesn't do it.

No, this very bad. Stop now, drink draino

What do you drink

Gotta get those water filters.

It sure smells like freedom in here.

That's just a temporary side effect of not getting enough electrolytes. You'll feel worse in the long run.

>filling your system to the brim with sugar packed chemical juice
>stops for a week
>feels good
try cleaning up the rest of your diet and see how good that feels. apart from air, food and drink is the ONLY thing your body is fed from which it does its best to perform literally millions of functions solely responsible for the complete operation of your body. optimizing that is probably the easiest and best thing you can do for yourself. it baffles me how many people just ignore this

That's why I have one of these.
It bothers me to no end that the water still comes in contact with plastic.

Where can I buy those / what are they called?

Brawndo is great for plants too

Which third world hellhole do you live in, Europoor?

Plants crave electrolytes.

Vacuum insulated stainless steel tumbler. You can get them for ten bucks at Walmart or spend forty dollars for the name brand Yeti one at Dick's or wherever. The Walmart one works just fine, though. Google Ozark Trail vs Yeti to see comparison tests. Things keep cold or hot forever. It sounds pretty lame, but these cups changed my life.

>There are people in this world that don't drink at least 2 L of water everday
>There are parents that don't teach their children that water is the essential of life

Is this an american thing?

They drink plenty of water, just with added coloring agent and saturated with sugar.

>americans