Dips

Let's talk about dips. Do you guys like dips?

Has anyone gotten good results in their pecs from these?

I'm doing 5x8 +33.75kg and 5x8 +23.75kg two or three times a week. They work wonders for bench and OHP but if the intesity is too high they interfere.

Dips are pretty fucking good for titty and delt. Would recommend if you have the mobility to do them without pain.

One of the best pushing moments. It can be used as both a main and an accessory/assistance. Needs to be mandatory in any program you run, even if you're gonna do body weight.

I do these as accessories but I'm ap leb and just do what the stronglifts app tells me which is 3x5 weighted, and i've only just hit 10kg (in today's session).

Should I be doing higher reps? Feels like it should be more for hypertophy than strength

this is my only triceps exercise, is it good enough or should I do others

If you're tall/have long arms, do NOT do dips!

y?

I have a 6'7" wingspan @ 6'1" and dip with 85lbs added for 3x7

Fuck you, pussy.

>toddy overhang

nnnnnice, this is my short term goal body

HE HAS NO STYLE, HE HAS NO GRACE. T-THIS KONG HAS A FUNNY FACE.

I come in SPURTS

Fucked up shoulders? No thanks buddy.

what other exercise is there where you push DOWN? the closest thing i can think of is decline bench and that is not even that close. so think it's essential

Pushups, I guess? Handstand ones especially.

i think it's always good to mix it up.

what the fuck does it matter which direction you're pushing

my pec major fibres go down in a similar direction to how you push in a dip so I have been getting some good gains from them, I also feel dips in different parts of my triceps than I do say bench or ohp

i cant do dips. it hurts me sternum ;_; what do

different parts of the muscle are incorperated? and also strength.

thats your pecs being pulled, that means its working. Don't go to heavy till you no you can deal with the weight as you don't want to rip your muscle of the bone, but if its pulling it must be working.

It hurt my sternum the first few weeks but then it stopped and now I can do them pain free.
I wouldn't guarantee anything but keep trying. I'd just do a few reps each time before you leave the gym, no need to go overboard.

>so think it's essential
depends on the direction of the fibres in your chest, some people will build a great chest just by benching, but most will need to add in some dips and incline.

you're too young. your sternum doesn't fuse until about age 25. I used to get really bad sternum pain and popping too when I was younger.

How to target pecs with dips?

consciously contract them

pack shoulders back like bench pressing, then dip low whilst tilted forward

Lean more

My chest looks huge after doing dips (more than bench), so I hope it means it's working.

n-nnhg

This guy knows I had the same problem. Nothing I tried worked.
Instead I did more exotic exercises using barbells/dumbbells, lying on a bench.
10 years later and I could do dips np. (Perhaps earlier, but I got used to "hating them" so never tried.)

I do ez-bar closegrip bench instead. Am I fucking up?

same shit but i power trough them, what are we going to do when it finally snaps?

my 1rm is 70kg weighted dip. Definitively like it more than bench. Advice to save your shoulders: allow your torso to lean forward as you go down and squeeze those lats hard

I once did a max set of 6 with 60lbs added at a body weight of 165lbs, full range of motion. Really fucked my shoulder though.

I was really into weighted dips because I hated bench so much. When I hit that max, my bench 5RM was 150lbs. Should I just give up on bench and go focus on dips and OHP?

functionally useless garbage that caters to morons.