I have no fear of social interaction and have a great social- and sex life

AMA

Do you have no fear of social interaction?
Do you have have a great social and sex life?

This pls.

Not gonna stroke your ego fag, but what makes you have no fear of social interaction?

Why are you being obnoxious

Yes, but its normal to get nervous sometimes
I'm very happy with where I am in my life with regard to both of those

This is genuinely meant to help people. People on fit know a little bit about lifting but are completely underdeveloped socially - which is a huge aspect of human happiness.

I have no fear because there is nothing to fear. Everything is intimidating until you try it. I recently moved cities and had to re-establish my social life from scratch. My point is that it can be done, but its the number one complaint I see here.

How much of your free time do you spend outside of your house per day?
What do you do after you start a conversation with a girl for the first time? Do you just keep the conversation going until something happens, flirt, or just ask her out?
What is the most effective way to find good friends?

Most days, I'm usually out the door by 8 and not home until 8-10 at night. On weekends I always try to find some social event (student city), especially before i found any friends here.

Just be open and honest about your intentions, every girl loves being flirted with, given that you are at least a little attractive (grooming and clothes go a long way). Ask her out for a coffee or beer very soon after you get to know her.

Use facebook to find events near you. I'm lucky to live in a city with a big university and there are constantly events, some more intimate than others. It requires some balls to go there alone and strike up a conversation with someone, but its a lot better than sitting at home and accomplishing nothing

I've never been on the upward spiral. Maybe for the first month with my first gf, and that was a complete roller coaster ride.

Majority of my life has been spent at 22.

Going to a board full of social retards to say "I'm not a social retard ama" is like going to a bored full of cripples and to say "I can walk ama". You aren't special and we don't care.

Do you have a chemical inbalance?

AHAHAha thats the most self-defeating, pathetic thing I've ever heard. Learning to have a normal conversation is not a miracle.

There are countless people who have gone from socially awkward misfit to well-adjusted and happy.

Of course, with that attitude, you are your own worst enemy. Have fun.

1. You go to a place alone. Once you enter what do you do? how to combat bad thought patterns eg if you dont strike up a conversation immediately or your first few attempts bust.
2. You go to a place with friends. How do you leave your friends and join others? and what if the first few attempts fail?
3. How do you maintain a good friendship? I feel like my friendships deteriorate over time even though we are very close.

4. I have no problem banging girls but i want to talk to more girls when im at parties any advice?

leave the thread then. I'll take my chance and use my self critique on the answer.

can you explain your pic? what are the steps to go up and down the spiral?

>mfw 19 is practically my default emotion now

1. Mindset is everything. You are there to have fun and get out of your comfort zone. Learn to relish the feeling. Bad thoughts mean that you are challenging yourself, this is a good thing.

2. Same here, you can't be afraid to fail, because you will fail. A lot probably. This is how we learn the best, through trial and error. Its cliched for a reason. Its as simple as walking over to someone and introducing yourself, as uncomfortable as it may be, the more you do it the easier it gets.

3. Its tough, good friends are hard to come by. I wouldn't call anyone a good friend unless I've known them for years. Like all relationships, friendships need to be tended to and given attention. Don't be afraid to send that text or give someone a phone call if you haven't seen them in a while.

4. Parties are made for this. You can just walk over to a group or someone in particular, whats stopping you?

I'll give an example of 1 & 2. I had this completely irrational fear of presenting and public speaking. But my masters degree required that I had to do this once a week. The first time was a mess, I was dreading it, I was nervous, shaking, probably stuttered a little. I hated being up there. But the next time, it was a tiny bit easier, and I was just a little more comfortable.

Now, I have no problem with public speaking at all (after 10 sessions). I move around on stage, use body language, try to engage the audience. After 10 measly sessions - thats all it took. Same goes for any other social interaction, the first hurdles are always the biggest

We're not in this thread because we think he's special or so we can admire him. We're here to learn.

The only thing I can say is that any step you take in the direction of the life you want, sends you upwards. But it is completely dependent on your life situation. There is no path, no solution - you need to carve it out yourself.

If anyone is held back just by the very idea of striking up a conversation with a girl at a party, or going to a party at all - start smaller.

Go somewhere the stakes are lower. Go buy a coffee and have a 1 minute conversation with the barista. Say hi to your neighbor. Ask to work in with someone at the gym and ask him what he does for a living.

Btw, crowded gyms are the best for picking up girls. Ask to work in. Act uninterested. Then ask her about herself (bitches love talking about themselves)

im going out with a friend tonight any advice/tips?

Challenge yourself to do at least one thing you usually wouldn't. Don't be afraid to look stupid or fuck up. Nobody is looking at you or cares about you anyways.

What does your ideal night look like tonight?

What is the process of joining in on a group conversation? Do you just stand around and listen until there's something you can add to it, or do you immediately say hello and then say something?
What about a group of girls? How would you join in on that?
If there is a girl you are interested in, in a conversation with a group of her friends, how would you join in? Is there a way to get here alone?

having fun and drinking with my friend, getting a buzz on (because i like it).
then joining with others so its not just the two of us.
then talking to some girls and
then bringing one home.

the two middle ones are the hardest for me to do

Solid 8 by this metric, unless you count not believing in free will to be indicative of powerlessness in which case I'm a 22.
So the question is does my lack of free will put me in the lowest part of the downward spiral?

Look, this is the hard thing about practicing soft skills like this. There is no clear solution or right answer. People who are great at this rely on intuition and reading social cues. Both of those are possibilities.

What I like the best though is just say hi immediately so you don't stand around looking like a weirdo.

For a group of girls its easier to take control and just take over the conversation, introduce yourself, tell them your friend is super-drunk and you wan to talk with someone else. What you open with doesn't really matter, you can ask them if they like canned pineapple if you want. The point is that now your'e having a conversation.

Girls are the biggest cockblocks. Give most of your attention to her friends first, so they accept and like you, and then talk to the one you want. This also makes her want you more since you are basically ignoring her.

Sometimes going out can be a numbers game - try approaching a lot of groups tonight and seeing what sticks. This is amazing practice as well.

Regardless of your thoughts on free will I'd say you are a solid 8. Which is a good jumping of point for higher levels to come

have you observed any social patterns?

How attractive are you? Pics preferred

Every day I wake up at 17 and go to sleep at 22, nice. Oddly enough the pattern matches.

What do you mean? There are a bunch

Fairly attractive desu, but grooming and style is everything. Look at young Hugh Grant for reference to me (no homo)

To prove Im for real, this was taken a few minutes ago

Timestamp pls

Thank you for the thread op, god bless you for sharing your positive advices

>tranny

Fuck off

Anywhere from 6-10 usually. How do I get past 6?

Can't be assed, check the exif if you must

Thanks, I'm glad you got something out of it user

Laughing at your life

Norsk?

That's a great attitude user.

4. Find something to talk about. Common ground helps. If not, complient whatever they're wearing. Once you get them talking its like opening the flood gates. Just be nice, attentive and use active listening skills. Look in their eyes when they speak to you, etc.

Sometimes it helps to pretend that you aren't talking to a girl for your own self-interest but doing it for a friend or as a dare. Whatever helps you escape the mindset that is involved with ego