Should I switch to meme mixed grip?

bumping for interest

you can try hook grip

How much are you liftan?
How about straps?

DOH for warmup sets, hook, mixed, or straps for work sets

h o o k g r i p

Hook grip unless you have itty bitty drumpf tier hands then do mixed grip

Sure. I've been doing mixed for just under three months and I now have muscle imbalances. My left palmaris longus is noticeably bigger than my right and my right exterior carpi radialis longus is bigger than my left. Thanks mixed grip.

Hookkkkk grippppp

Start now, get used to, reap benefits

One tip from me is to unroll your fingers as much as you can while still getting a grip on the bar. Dont try hold the bar in the palm of your hand... its going to roll into your fingers anyway

Yes. Just keep your arms straight and switch your grip every working set.

Unless you're lifting line 140 kg. In that case, stop being a bitch.

>Do you plan to compete in powerlifting
If the answer is yes then hook grip.
If the answer is no,
>Do you want to train your grip
If the answer is yes then mixed grip.
If the answer is no then straps.

>straps wont help grip strength
kek

>straps don't increase grip

t. sub 4pl8let giving out advice

Straps or hook grip preferred but over/under is fine as long as you're deliberate about straight arms so you don't snippet snap your biceps tendon

As much as the hook grip. Pull max effort diddlys with either hook grip or straps and inform me on your forearm circumference numbers.

They don't.

T. 595 deadlifter.

>considering MIXED GRIP

someone post *those* webms

>drops a DL
>believes in meme magic
>doesn't train grip strength

literally kill yourself faggot.

Dumb frogposter.

mixed is dog shit if you aren't in a powerlifting competition. use chalk, use straps or use both.

least my forearms didn't come off a little girl

Kys yourself rookie

They don't

but I do farmer's walks every workout

hey boardshorts what's the best deadlift programming you've tried

Hmm

Best progress was weekly maxes but that's was after a stall and before a long stall

Probably Sheiko or Candito 6 week

No, do hook grip instead

Except they do, straps don't keep the bar magically in your hands. They help overload your grip and make it stronger.

you still have to hold on to the bar tightly, but they take the vast majority of the load and put it on your wrists

definitely not going to make your grip stronger in any noticeable way

Hook grip is certainly an option if you absolutely don't want to use mixed grip. But mixed grip is a perfectly good alternative. Plenty of strong people use mixed grip to great success, like Mike Tuscherer, Chad Wesley Smith, Kirill Sarychev, Aria Attia, Eric Lilliebridge, Jesse Norris, etc.

Stop

Just stop

It's the least challenging way to hold the bar

Don't get me wrong, i use them, but some pretend they work your grip

There was a pretty in depth thread about this earlier.

Even if hook grip feels comfortable, it will very likely throw off wrist alignment and damage nerves near joints over time.

Use straps, it's what they are there for. Rely on your grip until have the bar start to roll, shouldn't happen until 400+ lbs unless you are a griplet.

Hookgrip is a meme in powerlifting. Just do mixed.

I do mixed grip, but I alternate each time I deadlift so I don't create an imbalance

yuri belkin uses hook, cailer uses hook, etc.

maybe it's not suitable for everyone (handlets) but far from a meme

Has anybody complaining about mixed grip muscle ombalances tried... Switching every set? Fucking retards

it's a stupid thing to do if you would like your bicep tendons to stay unsnapped, since your form changes slightly depending on which hand is supinated and the greater stress on the supinated tendon causes specific adaptations in that tendon (and you want the most possible specific adaptation to happen to prevent snibbedysnap)

Mike Tuscherer has a good video on this - if you intend to pull mixed, pull mixed with the same supinated hand and pull mixed on every single set

What do you think of short shorts on men?

can i do mixed grip with straps without the risk of bicep tear? it just feels more comfortable

They look good if the guy has the legs for it

Otherwise they're silly, kind of wish they were more in style here in the states, i have short boardshorts and they just look silly

Mixed grip is still a cheat. You have to fucking hold on. You need to torture your grip to get it to keep up, though. Do forearm curls as a deadlift accessory.

>mfw a stapweenie strapped up his weeny hand to shake hands near me

Only retards use mixed grip. Hook grip 4 lyfe

It became a /fit meme unfortunately, but you should try hook grip.
For me, took about one month to get used to the pain, but it actually allows me to pull heavier because I can engage my lats way easier than with mixed grip.
Btw I switched because I saw/read too many horror stories of biceps tears, and I pull often 250kg

>mfw I have Trump hands

lifts? mirin bench leverages

banch 310x5

squat 325x7

dead 375x5

Wide shoulders, short arms, long torso, short legs. Also extreme bench bro for a long time. If you judge it is OK and I deserve it.

bet you finger your husband's asshole good with those little fingies

surprised your deadlift is that far ahead of your squat with that build

i'm the total opposite, i was pulling 500 before I could touch 225 on the bench, and i wish i was the opposite because tbqh nobody gives a fuck how much you deadlift except for autists on the internet

One of three things will happen:
1. Switch to mixed grip and go quasimodomode
2. Switch to hook grip and crush the feeling out of your thumbs
3. Switch to straps and not get decent grip training without supplementation as a result

I got straps, and just mixed grip for 1rm PRs.

You also look like a gay midget.

Wife but yeah. 5 years later she's just warming up to it.

I have a feeling my shitty deads are going to send me to snap city before long if I'm not careful. I just did that 325x7 pr tonight and I was doing toy soldiers which are part of my warm up and I was getting nice tingles in my left foot.

Plus because my legs are so short they are like 28 inches around and I can't walk properly or wear normal human pants. I feel like working lower body is a meme.

I'm like 5'11.5" so I'm on the tall end of midgets

Grab the bar as strong as you can, seriously use the maximum grip strength like you had to save your life, and if the problem is the bar slipping from your hands due to transpirer use chalk. I don't know about the mixed grip thing.

wew be careful lad, tingling in one of your legs is a sign of disc problems

if deadlifts are fucking you up (and with those leverages i'm not surprised) you might just want to avoid them

I need a 500 dead. Once I get there then I can ride around on my rascal scooter and tell people how great it was to be able to walk and deadlift 500 pounds.

*BBBRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP*

well gl lad, i think i was only around 410x5 or so when i got 500 for the first time so you might not be terribly far off with a short peak

Thanks brother. I have a few friends who are a lot stronger than me that I'll have come coach me so hopefully I can walk when I'm 40.

With a mixed grip is there a chance of muscle imbalance in the forearms? I tend to grip with my right hand palm-out and left hand palm-in.

Not as bad as your upper back.