Is lasik worth it bros? I'm tired of being that Veeky Forums eyelet who looks like he's a twink...

Is lasik worth it bros? I'm tired of being that Veeky Forums eyelet who looks like he's a twink. I think this is why I'm not getting any pussy.

everyone i've heard it from said they love it.
i've heard horror stories of people who know people too. and ofc online. i have glasses as well as soft lenses. i'd recommend getting an exam and trying contact lenses.
>b-but they don't stick to my eye
yes they do. consider lasik later on the line. also consider where you will be at in life. if you are a boxer idk if lasik is the best idea.

I'm considering this as well. Every primary source I've spoken to says they love it, the only negative stories I hear are someone's friend getting it done and their eyes are now all fucked up.

my contacts get so dry and horrible, I've tried a lot of kinds too.

Had PRK (the sports version of LASIK) 2 years ago. AMA

also maybe you would look better in different frames too. theres this fuck i work with who wears these thick ass rectangle plastic frames that look dirty. i jokingly said maybe it's time for some new frames, as he was cleaning them. he said they were actually new. if he had some thin metal frames he'd look a hell of a lot cleaner. just saying this as example.

Same. Fresh, cold pair of contact lenses feels wonderful, but by the end of the day I can feel them drying out on my eye and they start to irritate me

where do you live?
i live in a desert and mine get dry if i'm dehydrated or smoke weed. i've lived in other areas and my lenses don't get nearly as dry. but again when i'm dehydrated that is a key sign for dry lenses too, for me.

Pretty much life changing. Imagine never having to poke yourself in the eye/carry around a lense case/ again.

Also it’s actually pretty affordable nowadays.

what do you do for exercise and what athletes would you not recommend prk to?

I have thin metal frames but it makes me look like Walter White

get prk

lmao
i get it. but just run with what default look you got. be comfortable being SEEN in them. but more importantly or just as important is how they feel on your face and you looking through them.

From the moment you leave the clinic for the rest of your entire day you will fill like they put broken glass inside your eye sockets
If you never got dry eyes you will start to get, if i dont sleep properly/wake up suddenly my eyes hurt/get irritated
That's all the cons i recall

General lifting, muay thai, I also work construction and delivery of materials.

>what athletes would you not recommend prk to?
Its totally up to you, but generally you want to get PRK if you play any kind of contact sport. What's more important is whether you have the resources/patience to sit at home for a full week doing absolutely nothing, while getting driven to every checkup appointment for at least a month.

what if a pro kickboxer or boxer got prk? wouldn't there be risk something happens and they could be left blind?

Are you asking if there's a risk to eye surgery especially for combat athletes, or are you misinterpreting what I said? Because what I said was if you do any kind of contact sport, you want to get PRK over LASIK. PRK takes longer to recover from, but is safer in the long term for getting punched in the head.

I know an asian gril that got lasik and is a long distance runner, rock climber, and skiier. NOT prk.

Prk is just a meme.

i meant if lets say a fighter, idk mcgreggor, gets prk, goes all good, months later all healed up, starts sparring and fighting... is there a risk there could be some weird weakness in the eyes from the surgery when it comes to direct hits over and over, over the course of years?

>any of those
>contact sports
pls lern inglish thx

No. The procedure scrapes layers off the surface of your eye in order to refocus the light, but the layers underneath the surface are the same material. So, barring being hit with a punch that slices your eyeball open, its exactly the same as using your unmolested eye. Unless your doctor fucks up the surgery, there are no long term negatives.

really damn. then why not only have prk for people in case lasik people get injured in accidents or fights? wouldnt it make more sense to have 1 optimization option rather than 2?

Got LASIK two years ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. I was -2.5 and -3.0 before and now I have 20/15 vision.

The procedure itself took 20 minutes and was painless. I was 20/20 within 24 hours after the procedure. 20/15 a couple of days after. I got mine done for $1800 total and it was worth every penny.

t. mexinigger

Because some people want/need to be able to see right after the surgery. Also because LASIK came before PRK.

if PRK costs $2k per eye but you cant do anything for 2 weeks afterward, you lose shitloads of cash from work, meaning it costs far more than lasik

Did I not already address this issue? Don't get it if you don't want it.
Also, its not 2k per eye. Costs the same as LASIK.

I think I have around 20/20 vision, possibly 20/30. Is there any surgery that could make it 20/10?

i heard that it eventually gets worse after a couple of years and youll have to wear glasses again? Is that true or no?

Ditto, only my script was -9.5. For people with OK vision, that meant I could only make out anything if it was 6" from my eyes. LASIK is amazing - they corrected me to above 20/20 vision.

It does really hurt directly after the procedure but if you take a nap you should be fine.

Also, since you have to have contacts out for a few days before I had to pretty much find out what it's like to be blind because the local eye shop could only make glasses for me that had like 1/2 the FOV of my normal eyes so I instantly got motion sickness when wearing them.

Look up fixing your vision natually, it can be done but takes alot of effort. Also really? You think THATS the reason you cant get pussy?? Get real and look at your life, im sure there are things stopping you from getting pussy that are way worse than bad vision

Tired of glasses
Are lenses worth it guys?

bro, just do it if glasses are in your fucking way.
I have lasik and I had to take life off for two weeks and apply drops every hour to four hours to artificially wet my eye.
now I'm 100% normal and 20/20.
but the first six months required that I absolutely wore sunglasses outside.
no sunglasses = sunspots. that shit is real. DO wear sunglasses and DO NOT FORGET to add your drops. your eyes won't adjust and produce eye saturation if you don't. so yea, get it, but don't be a fucking dumbass and forego the important shit your doctor tells you

My mom got LASIK 15+ years ago and she wears glasses now. She would also complain about fuzzy car lights on the freeway at night. It might be because of old technology though.

I habe to get prk if I want eye surgary because my eyes are so shit. Doctor said the best I could hope for would be 20/40 so id still need glasses.

Should I bother? Thinking about joining police and 20/40 is the bare minimum uncorrected vision where I live