The soy industry is putting a positive spin on a recent study out of the University of Connecticut1

The soy industry is putting a positive spin on a recent study out of the University of Connecticut1

In a randomized cross-over, placebodesigned study, researchers compared the estrogen production of men drinking soy protein to those drinking whey. They looked at changes in estradiol concentrations after only fourteen days, and reported some good news―the soy drinkers did not end up with more of the female hormone. The researchers did, however, find lower testosterone levels and higher cortisol levels in the soy drinkers. In other words, less of the manly hormone and more of the stress hormone. Sounds like stressed out soy boys to me!

For years top body builders such as the late Vince Gironda touted diets rich in eggs, raw milk, red meat and other animal products while warning about the dangers of soy protein.2 In today’s soy-pushing climate, the U Conn researchers describe these legitimate concerns of Gironda and others about feminization and testosterone depletion as “fears” that “largely stem from body building mythologies.”3

In fact, over the past few decades, many researchers have found that phytoestrogens have adverse effects on both the production and utilization of hormones in males.16-18 Indeed, scientists have even induced “testosterone deprivation” in animals simply by feeding them diets rich in soy isoflavones.19

For the most part, the soy industry has tried to promote any testosterone-tanking effects as beneficial. Just as they promote hormonal changes that can lead to anovulatory cycles and infertility in women as valuable tools in the war against breast cancer, they tout testosteronelowering in men as protective against prostate cancer and atherosclerosis.20,21

Perhaps the most startling study came out of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill a few years back. Completed for the National Cancer Institute, it found soy-eating men experienced “nipple discharge, breast enlargement, slight decreases in testosterone and hot flashes.”

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the soy industry

kek.

By now we all know hoe terrible soy is for you thanks to the meme.

It tastes ok tho,I dont understand it being so bad,look at asians they are alive and can reproduce

>asians
>can reproduce

Reminder that omega 6 fatty acids are half the drivers of modern chronic disease and metabolic syndrome along with carbohydrates

Reminder to only eat animal fats, olive oil, and fish fats

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

>olive oil
>high in omega 6

>Read this study about how bad soy is for you
>Turns out soy is great for you
N-No the study is LYING! DON'T TRUST SCIENCE!

>lowers test
>raises stress
>is good for you
I don't follow.

(((Study)))

The tabbaco industry also has published studies that smoking does not cause cancer.

You have nothing to lose from not eating soy, you have everything to gain by removing estrogen from your diet.

>warns against omega 6's
>lists omega-3 containing foods to eat instead

?

>removing estrogen from your diet.
Better stop eating meat and dairy then.

ill reply to your bait since everything is bait with some bait of my own mate. if milk is good for you why are many people lactose intolerant? checkmate

Olive oil and most vegetable oils aside from flax are nearly pure omega 6. Animal fats are mostly saturated fat.

Olive oil is not mostly omega 6 lmao do some fucking research

IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER:

Animal fats can be high in Omega6 if they are corn fed

You should try and eat Grass fed animals where possible.

It is not a meme, there is a reason why fast food is shit for you.

That's what he said you stupid, hyperactive, angry, self-hating (and rightly so), sissy, cuck, niggerfaggot.

You obviously are such a loser IRL that you ragevent all over Veeky Forums without even fully reading the posts you hyperventilate over.

Calm the fuck down. Stop being such a pussyass, betamite, coward, anal fissure of a cuckboi.

maybe you should read again my dude

>I believe in science!

>Jews
>soy

You mean asians, user.

It's not soy itself it's the GMO and pesticides

Monsanto wants you docile.

Soybean oil is in a lot of shit. It's actually really hard to avoid in America on the average income. I've accepted my fate and bitch tits.

You're right.
Honestly, I don't actually eat anything outside of homecooked meals on the regular and I've always wanted to learn how to make my own condiments.
So..I might have to give up on most stuff completely now.
Sucks, I like Dorito's and the occasional bit of fast food.