Will chomping on these bad boys during workouts have any benefit?

Will chomping on these bad boys during workouts have any benefit?

no but you can use them to make a super duper healthy tea

Did you just watch the Juji Brian video?

Technically, yes. Insulin spikes cause increased inflammation which causes more muscle damage. With adequate recovery you can use them to your advantage. Read the sticky on insulin spiking.

Oh my GOD man

i don't know but there's a pretty swole bro at my gym that eats gummy savers while working out.

1.9 lb pound bag holy shit

average meal for an american

They work best as an anal suppository. I recommend a couple of handfuls each gym session. Just make sure they don't fall out when you're squatting.

>t. retard

That's what a squat plug is for

I use them when I'm biking a lot. I put a handful in a bag for rides over 2 hours and eat them through through the ride. A lot cheaper than energy gels and shit.

Exhausting your glycogen stores during an hour of weight lifting is a pure meme, you need about 1.5 hours of extremely intense activity like cycling at close to max heart rate or doing 2x20 FTP intervals to get to the point where you start running low. An hour of weightlifting is about the same as 5 minutes at FTP in terms of energy expenditure.

It won't do anything for weightlifting.

holy shit what a retard you are those things contain SUGAR wich is 99% SUCROSE wich is 50% GLUCOSE and 50% FRUCTOSE and while GLUCOSE gets stored as GLYCOGEN, FRUCOSE fucks up your metabolism and gets stored as FAT. Meanwhile CHAD eats supplements that contain DEXTROSE wich is the same as GLUCOSE so that 100% of it gets stored as GLYCOGEN

Thanks brah. Buying one on eBay right now.

pair that with some zippy water and you're making hardcore gains EZ

You know energy gel are all made with a 3:2 ratio glucose:fructose because you NEED fructose for optimal glycogen replenishment right ?
Only in fat fuck who spend their life on caloric surplus and full glycogen store fructose will we stored as fat ( and glucose too in that case) .

Yes. They make you look like a retarded child.

You want some 'fuel' for during your workout? Use what I formulated for myself:

Get maltodextrin, beta alanine, n-acetyl-l-tyrosine (NACT), BCAAs, chelated electrolytes, some sort of flavoring (I use Crystal Light 'Pure', no shitty artificial sweeteners) and a little caffeine powder.
In a blender ball cup full of water, add 50g maltodextrin, contents of one capsule each beta alanine, NACT, 4 BCAAs, 4 of the electrolytes, caffeine 'to taste', and one packet of the drink mix. Mix well, chill. This is enough for a 2-hour training session. Take it with you, sip between exercises.

For bonus points take beta alanine 2x daily, and several grams of NACT an hour before your training session, with some caffeine. You'll lift like a Greek god.

Only fat meme powerlifters do shit like this

it takes about 3 hours to convert glucose to glycogen, it doesn't happen when you are biking, you need calories, these things are energy dense and easy to get a lot of calories down.

Thanks for the tips Master Alchemist.

I want to eat, not do a fucking science project. What's wrong with you, kid?

>doesn't believe in better living through chemistry
It's your loss. If you really want to live like it's 1917 and 2017 that's your business. And why are you assuming I'm some dumb kid? Before making assumptions, perhaps you'd be better off researching the ingredients I've listed and what they do for you? There's logical reasons for everything I suggested; it'll take you all of 15 minutes to read up on all of them enough to maybe understand, I'd suggest you try that rather than just dismissing it all out of hand.

I'll bet you're one of those "spends all his time researching lifting but forgets to actually lift" type of people

Yeah sure the 3 days a week in the gym for 2 hours per session and the 3 days a week I spend riding a bike 60 to 180 minutes at a time are me 'forgetting'.
>I can't be bothered to undestand it so I'll just dismiss it instead!
TRY to be intelligent for once, k? Just being insulting isn't impressing me or anyone else.

>3 days a week in the gym
HAHAAHAHAHAH

>t. skeezy parasitic NEET who has nothing better to do
Get a job, parasite

.9lb bag
>>great for sharing

LEL no

A true American snack, just enough to hold one over until their 3rd lunch

>BCAAs
lmao you're the most basic of gym retards

beta alanine works by buffering lactate

you don't build up enough lactate lifting weights

its a meme for weight lifting

it works for interval work in endurance sports when lactate build up causes pain (burning sensation in legs when cycling up a hill at full power for 5 minutes for example), beta alanine reduces the pain and lets you go harder

Wait so does it cancel out the burning while cycling if I lift weights on the bike?

TICK

>not a burger