/FAST/ NO VEGAN HEATHENS EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
roguehealthandfitness.com/coffee-is-associated-with-lower-death-rates/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

Extra:
DRINK COFFEE, DRINK GREEN TEAS
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170827101750.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769862

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/29/long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-canc/
strawpoll.me/14323647
youtube.com/watch?v=y5y051l6RVc
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for /fast/ed sardine eating!

Speaking of vegans, will that one research user ever make /carnivore/? Amber O'hearns info seemed pretty persuasive and I'd like to see more info on it; if not for health benefits, just to piss off our vegans

speaking of pissing off vegans:
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/29/long-term-vegetarian-diet-changes-human-dna-raising-risk-of-canc/
liked the minor pesticide redpill at the end

LOLOLOL

strawpoll.me/14323647
strawpoll.me/14323647
strawpoll.me/14323647

Apart from autophagy you research is soooo bad, its laughable.
Drink Coffee? You must be a complete retard to suggest such foolish stuff.

Keto vidoes are actually embarrassing haha
Salt video is mental

I still would suggest most fat people to do at least 1 week fast and to build up good gud bacteria but man 90% of the stuff you post is just bad science.

HEY FATTY GET INTO KETOSIS

youtube.com/watch?v=y5y051l6RVc

Had a serve of those for breakfast. Fantastic. And onto a 36hr fast.

How many days does it normally take for the hunger pangs to stop?

NORMALLY AFTER DEATH YOU NEVER GET HUNGRY AGAIN

oh ok

Peaks on day 2 and then subsides. Read the longer fasting regiems page at the top of op

must not apply to lean people i'm like 15% body fat and never hit a point after 4-5 days of just no hunger.

How long is best?

5 days up to 1 month

If you get to two months you achieve death

Why does the snake man think cardio burns muscle, but not his hour long cold baths, when in ketosis?

Death eh? Doesnt sound too bad...

Five days? Do you work full time while you do it?

If you do one day fasts, how often do you do them?

how to fight cravings and overall hunger? other than drinking a shitload of water what else can i do to lose the appetite

It does not negatively effect physical performance and increases mental performance but makes you more angry.

Thing is if it is the first time fasting ever you will get head aches because your brain is not used to using fat instead of glycogen for fuel.

I would like fast on the weekend if you are worried about work then like try fasting the whole week after during work to like get adjusted to it.

>Death eh?

Yeah, but it is like almost impossible to kill yourself unless you are held against your will like literally after about 4 days I break and start eating most of the time. If you are super fat with a ton of reserves it will be probably easier to not snap and eat.

Before after? How much have you lost?

Unless you go keto, there's not much you can do but try to stay busy.

You could try drugs. I've been using a drug called bupropion recently and it killed all cravings and reduced appetite to nothing. It's used commonly for smoking cessation, so go tell your dr you wanna quit and you've heard good things about this drug, gentle suggestion.

Well, I been doing this for years so it is like impossible to tell you. But this is me before and after and most of the fat was lost eating one or two meals a day. If I knew what I know I would have done longer fast instead of just intermittent eating once or twice a day

Everyday

eh, not the answer i was hoping for.. but at least now i know I'll just have to get through it, thank you

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

try this really. When you remove carbs or fast replaying the electrolytes helps

>replaying
*replacing

thank you man

You look sexy

seriously

>break a fast with BCAA
>go to the gym
>come back feeling stronk

k-kono powa!!

i would suggest people do their own research

Just started into day 3 and I have two questions

1. Why do my thighs and lower back ache so much?

2. Is my fear true that just doing 5 days at a time isn’t enough to start Autophagy?

I’m fasting for the health benefits but I’m not trying to go for more than 5 days yet because I’ve never made it more than 3

I’m 5’9” and 180 lbs

Noob question: what's the advantage of, say, a 24h fast VS traditional 16/8? Do you just.. Lose weight faster?

Your gf likes 6 inches a lot.

Lower overall insulin level hence faster weight loss + minimal autophagy gains. 16/8 is like dipping your toe into the swimming pool.

Because the body responds to short term extremely cold temperatures differently than it does to catabolic prolonged low intensity cardio.

>not drinking organic french press coffee

Not gonna make it.

It's crazy that some people in their 40s 50s 60s have never been in ketosis. For our ancestors this was a common state.

Doing a two week fast right now. 5 days in so far.
Do I need to be deathly terrified of how I break my fast lest I kill myself from refeeding syndrome, or will I be alright with just eating light and working my way up slowly over a few days?
Not supplementing btw.

Coffee and Tea suppress apetite, but if you want to do heroic mode stop and meditate on your hunger. Become aquainted with it. Acknowledge it and accept it. Fully and completely feel the sensation.

16/8 is great maintenance routine, but if you want to lose weigh try at least alternate daily fasts

not supplementinng? no salt or potassium?

No salt or potassium, yeah.
I can sorta handle salt but potassium and other minerals/vitamin supplements make me too nauseous if I take them while fasting. Shit sucks.

Where my bone broth fasting master race bros at?

Problem is you don't actually get benefits.
>prolonged low insulin level brings down insulin resistance
>deplete glycogen reserves to enter ketosis and run your body on fat reserves
If you charge up, eating a bunch of calories one day your body will not burn through them the next day. If your goal is to find some queer hack type fasting regimine you're just looking to participate in a hashtag and need to fuck off. This isn't easy, make your peace with it.

So for example, if I train 3 days a week, would eating only on my training days be good?

I broke my fast today (today being the 3rd day) because I vomited and was feeling really nauseous. I've eaten a lot maybe 3000+ calories. Can I retry and start up my fast again tomorrow?

>Breaking your fast by overeating
If you do that on a longer fast m8 you're gonna fockin kill yourself

>1. Why do my thighs and lower back ache so much?
I busted my right hip in a boating accident a long time ago (10yrs+) and it only starts to ache when I'm in a deep fast. From what I've read it means its healing. As far as your lower back, I'd bet your posture is bad. Use it as an opportunity to occupy your mind with fixing your posture.

>2. Is my fear true that just doing 5 days at a time isn’t enough to start Autophagy?
5 days is definitely enough. Buy some keto strips and see how many days it takes you to get into deep ketosis, for me it's three days. Once you're in a deep fasted state autophagy is definitely triggered. It actually triggers sooner but its hard to measure so using keto as a measurement is good enough. Also, current belief is that autophagy kinda peaks and falls off, so stopping and starting a fast on a weekly regimine would give you the highest exposure to cycles of autophagy / repair.

Just be cautious about it, don't pound a massive thanksgiving style dinner fresh off a fast. Fermentable fibers are going to encourage the proliferation of "good bacteria" in your gut, which is a massive health boost. So eat shit like cabbage (cole slaw), saurkraut, etc... keep servings of meat small. Nothing wrong with eating meat but it encourages inflamatory gut bacteria. All the bullshit about fruit is a meme.

All the more reason you should take them. Giving up after a bit of nausea is just weakness, not inability. You need to get your body used to it if you're going to be successful with fasting... otherwise get ready for cramps and bad headaches.

try skipping the tablets and start making some snake juice

This actually contains fat and protein calories. Bone broth is what you should be using to break a fast... like coconut water.

Thanks bruv, can you tell me a little more about these cycles? Or perhaps have a good link my googlefu is weak

Yea, I was doing this for a while and it worked well. Made gains and lost fat but I've only been lifting for 5 months. On the days I lift I stop eating after my post workout meal / protein. Got 1 pl8 ohp, and 3pl8 squat 5x5. 2 pl8 bench is going to take forever tho.
>monday eat lift
>tuesday fast
>wednesday eat lift
>thursday fast
>friday eat lift
>saturday / sunday fast
My plan was to try and trigger the boost in HGH for the monday lift using th weekend fast, probably doesn't work as mechanically as that, but whatever. Enjoying noob gains

By cycles I just mean "times in which you trigger autophagy vs. other times when you don't." The cycle is just in the eating pattern.

?

How much extra salt, potassium, and magnesium do I need when doing IF? Last time salt started tasting sweet after like two weeks because my body was craving it so much, so I'd add a teaspoon of salt to my water bottle, and put salt on my salad.

I've lost 23kg so far doing keto, but I'm worried about loose skin. So far it's still tight and I have 10kg more to go to be at an optimal BMI.
I heard fasting for +3 days can tighten skin by autophagy, is this true and do you have to do it before the skin becomes loose or would it be too late?
If worst comes to worse at my goal, I might just roid up and get big.

I dunno man. It's not really just a "bit of nausea".
It's more like "sitting by the toilet with my hands on my face contemplating life and praying to every religion's god to not throw up" nausea.
I dunno if I can just get used to that.

Probably none with IF, since you're getting these minerals in food. If you get headaches the reason might be (not necessarily) that you are low on salts... otherwise don't supplement on IF.

Did a week but just broke my fast with an entire box of Krispy Kreme, I can already feel nauseous. How bad is this going to be, bros?

I'm doing IF with a caloric deficit as well as keto.

>fasting for +3 days
Dry fasting, no water and no food. Three days is a challenge though, but it works. You'll want to break the fast with some coconut water. Try a two day dry fast first because dry fasting is /serious mode/

i get the thing about screaming loudly and being an unpleasant character, it's good for youtube. But the information he gives is actually quite good, it just hurts to listen to.

jesus christ man a whole box? why?

There are no minersl deficiencies with keto, and caloric deficit doesn't mean nutrient / mineral deficit. Don't throw excess salt at your body unless you need it. Stop supplementing and see (experiment) if you get headaches. You probably won't.

By "get used to" I meant that your body will adjust to it and you'll no longer have bad nausea. I didn't mean that you would become comfortable living on the edge of vomiting. This should have been obvious.

The worst part isn't the donuts, it's the psychology. You rewarded yourself with food, and the fast didn't break your food addiction (craving for sugary bullshit). The mind is pulled toward the things you're addicted to like a smoker thinks about a cigarette. Learn to acknowledge this craving for garbage as an addiction craving.

Jesus Christ you fucking fatty don't you have any self-control or respect for yourself? You're never going to make it. I can understand two donuts, but a whole box? You fat fuck.

2.4 g carbs per 100ml

there's a unsweetened version too, but i like the taste of this better. I've been able to stay in ketosis while drinking this.

t. not even vegan

nb4 soyboy gets gyno

Into day 2 of my 5+ day fast. I had a lot of food related dreams last night. Even dreamed i had broken my fast on cheeseits. Woke up earlier then usual feeling like shit, but was fine 20 minutes later, not even hungry. Thinking about taking some adderall if my hunger gets seriously annoying.

[citation needed]

I broke my fast today (today being the 3rd day) because I vomited and was feeling really nauseous. I've eaten a lot maybe 3000+ calories. Can I retry and start up my fast again tomorrow?

I didn't even want to eat them, I felt so full. I just feel like I don't deserve the fatloss that I achieved.

Looks like you lost 10 lbs and stopped shaving

Sad!

>being a soyboy
How's that transition going, ma'am?

>I didn't even want to eat them,
Probably a lie.
>I just feel like I don't deserve the fatloss that I achieved.
Psychological issue. Why don't you deserve it? A lot of people SUBCONSCIOUSLY believe this about themselves, so you're actually further along than some in getting past this self-defeatism... you just have to stop self-sabotage.

Just add more to your meals.

Your body will dispose of any excess sodium

Drink almond milk, less carbs, won't be a soyboy.

>dreamed i had broken my fast
lol I do this too, it's actually sort of nightmarish but it reinforces how bad I feel when my willpower gives out... which actually HELPS my willpower. I wake up thinking, "wew, glad that was just a dream... okay I got this."

This is what people mean when they think fasting doesn't work as a long term solution.

Fasting should be a way to cleanse your palete and establish a new relationship with food - not a way to reinforce your old shitty habits

okay wow, holy shit i thought i was the only one. you literally described me then.

I just realized i forgot to mention i do that too, but aside from the taste and the small carb difference, are there any other reasons to prefer almond over soy?

I wouldn't take the adderall tho, the point of fixing and building health is contrary to the mentality that thinks, "I feel X so I should take Y pill." Big Jew Pharma is oy veying from all the shekels.

Soy is estrogenic, so... if you want to be a high test male you MUST avoid soy. It's no different than drinking out of plastic water bottles. Bad for men.

the /Veeky Forums effect is in full force.

why won't anyone give me a straight answer? Tell me exactly what ingredients are estrogentic, im genuinly interested if this is true. As for the plastic water bottles, EU regulations dictate that the plastic must be safe for holding drinking water, why isn't this all over the news if it was dangerous?

no not the part about that, i mean this
is exactly like me

>EU regulations

wouldn't it be good to go low carb for a couple of weeks before fasting?

>why isn't this all over the news if it was dangerous?
Because "the news" isn't "the news" it's a propagandist method of population control. You couldn't be more of a normalfag.

Why? The only thing that will prepare you for fasting is fasting. Keto isn't "easy fasting." Start off with a 24 hr fast... then eat... try a 48 hr fast... then eat. See how you feel... maybe do several 24 hour fasts (alternate daily fasting) to get comfortable then press on. Maybe several 48 hour fasts etc... once you get to 5 days you're there...

EU regulations also dictate that you should flood Europe with third world niggers, so it must be good for you.

and the embellishment continues

>t. niggers literally fuck my wife
Hows does your extinction feel EXACTLY? Please be detailed in your response.

Inform a third party as to why?